Nugget Shooter Forums

I'm sure many have seen the video of a Mpls. cop kneeling on a guy's neck for an ungodly amount of time. I saw a preliminary video of the guy being led towards a squad card in handcuffs but there was no video showing how or why the guy in cuffs ended up on the ground. Regardless, the consensus is that the cop killed the poor guy by kneeling on his neck. 
What happened AFTER all this is what I don't get. How can people use anything for an excuse to riot, loot and burn down property that had nothing to do with anything. I believe someone was killed in the chaos and several others were injured.
Any thoughts? 

• Sad 1
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From my perspective, and the way I was taught in two different police academies and years of police work (under California law), A police officer (or a citizen) may not use deadly force solely in defe

Im gonna say i dont agree with all of the people saying the United States is full of inequality. I have 5 friends that are a "Minority" and they have awesome careers making over 100 grand a year. Coll

It would be one thing if you had a thick enough skin to see these topics through to the end. But no, you start them and then tattle when you don’t like others responses. That’s the equivalent of the l

Posted Images

Whenever that happens the savages come out at night.  The cowards will finally wear face masks and loot an burn what they can or can't get.  When I was a kid the law was allowed to shoot looters and arsonists.  I wonder just what happened to allow all this to happen.  People are still people...……..

Old Tom 

• Like 2

Remember the WATTS riots, in LA, went on for days and days Grubstake

• Irritated 1

What if they were looting and burning down buildings in YOUR neighborhood? What would you want the police to do? Stand there and watch?

• Like 2

I'm not sure which staff member locked this topic or why but I'm checking into that, when a staff member locks a topic they're suppose to post a reason in the topic or at the very least in our Moderator's forum so all staff members knows why, that didn't happen, so in the meantime I have unlocked this topic..for now until I find out why it was locked, if I hear a good enough reason it may be locked again.

Bill nor I wouldn't normally question a staff member's action..but even staff members have a few rules to follow when moderating to keep everything fair in our moderating and all staff members informed.

Feel free to post again for now.

• Like 1

Thanks Skip. This has turned into a major issue in America right now and for some reason it continues. People's lives and property are in danger. 

Well you better lock your doors then slim. ...and for some reason it continues. 400 years of slavery and we still can't treat each other as equal human beings, that is part of the reason it continues unfortunately. :idunno: racism is a disease and we need to cure it as much as we need to beat Co-vid.  

• Like 2

The police are out of control and unaccountable. Racism is a popular excuse to beat a man but they have plenty of other excuses to brutalize whomever they want. They know they can get by with it.

The cops are the most dangerous gang out there. The streets are burning because there is no justice when cops go too far. And they go too far regularly.

If social uprising is what it takes to get justice then let's have it! That is the only way we are ever going to force change. IMHO I am amazed it took so long to get to this point. 

• Irritated 3
7 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

The police are out of control and unaccountable. Racism is a popular excuse to beat a man but they have plenty of other excuses to brutalize whomever they want. They know they can get by with it.

The cops are the most dangerous gang out there. The streets are burning because there is no justice when cops go too far. And they go too far regularly.

If social uprising is what it takes to get justice then let's have it! That is the only way we are ever going to force change. IMHO I am amazed it took so long to get to this point. 

Nothing can justify burning and looting.
Racism? Here are the 4 cops: Black, white, Latino and Asian.

000000000cops.jpg

Can I suggest that the "inner cities" are the problem? Too many people in too small of a place leads to crime and disease.

How 1960s Mouse Utopias Led to Grim Predictions for Future of Humanity

John Calhoun studied behavior during overcrowding in mice and rats

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-mouse-utopias-1960s-led-grim-predictions-humans-180954423/

• Like 1

Nothing can justify what these officers did.

No one is trying to justify the burning and looting. There is no argument that it is wrong. There is also no argument that it is what happens when authority is abusive and out of control for so long.

I am not sure how the race of the officers involved make what happened any less racist. Could you explain your logic Slim?

6 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Nothing can justify what these officers did.

No one is trying to justify the burning and looting. There is no argument that it is wrong. There is also no argument that it is what happens when authority is abusive and out of control.

I am not sure how the race of the officers involved make what happened any less racist. Could you explain your logic Slim?

Only if you can explain the logic behind "There is also no argument that it is what happens when authority is abusive and out of control."

• Like 1

Here in St Louis a protestor was inadvertently killed by a FedEx truck on the highway after they blocked it. Video also shows protestors trying to open FedEx and Amazon trucks to loot the packages. Nothing justifies any of this stupidity.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Here in St Louis a protestor was inadvertently killed by a FedEx truck on the highway after they blocked it. Video also shows protestors trying to open FedEx and Amazon trucks to loot the packages. Nothing justifies any of this stupidity.

Again, I don't think anyone thinks looting is justified. Nor is anyone trying to justify it. 

Everyone knows it is wrong. 

And everyone knows what these officers did was wrong too. 

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Only if you can explain the logic behind "There is also no argument that it is what happens when authority is abusive and out of control."

When authority is abusive and out of control the population lashes out. The Boston Tea Party is a great example. The destruction of the Berlin Wall. The riots in Hong Kong. 

It is not a difficult concept and there are many examples throughout history. When people feel they are being oppressed they tend to lash out by destroying property and breaking laws.

Now can you explain how a person's race indicates their actions are not racist?

• well done 2
39 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Again, I don't think anyone thinks looting is justified. Nor is anyone trying to justify it. 

I agree.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Now can you explain how a person's race indicates their actions are not racist?

Nope. Just like you can't say that they are. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

What makes you say that "everyone knows what THESE officers did was wrong"?
I saw VIDEO EVIDENCE that what ONE officer did was wrong. What evidence do you have for the others?
HOW MANY others?

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1
1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

I saw VIDEO EVIDENCE that what ONE officer did was wrong. What evidence do you have for the others?
HOW MANY others?

Great point Slim. We see one officer kneeling on him as he begged for his life. In another video we see three kneeling on him. We do know that none of them did anything to stop it. But we really do not know who did what or why.

We do know that the actions (or inactions) of the police (collectively) resulted in the man's death.

That is for the District Attorney to sort out and charge appropriately. It may be that the rest of them were just allowing it to happen rather than actively participating. In which case they should serve less time in prison for just watching and allowing it to happen.

You brought up the subject of the four officer's race to question racism as the motivation and I asked you to explain that logic. You obviously cannot do that. Their race does not make any difference even though you indicated it did. I thank you for admitting that.

We don't know what motivated them to kill this man. We do know that these officers valued this mans life less than other humans. Whether they stood on his neck or stood and watched it really does not matter. They valued his life less than an animal. If a person did this to a dog you would be outraged. Why are you not outraged when unarmed black men are killed?

Some people feel that humans (even black ones) should not be treated like this. They are outraged and I understand that. In your first post you indicate that you do not understand their outrage and that is something that you seem to be wrestling with. I wish you luck in your quest for understanding.

While some are outraged over the destruction of property others are outraged over the loss of human life at the hands of brutal police officers. They are also outraged at the frequency that officers kill unarmed citizens and the rarity with which they are held to account for it. 

You can be outraged with whatever you choose to be outraged about I suppose. I know being told to wear a mask and having to live with the fact they looted an Auto Zone is very troubling for you. Cops needlessly killing unarmed black men does not seem to bother you as much. That is just you being you and that is groovy.

The fact remains that we are going to have a lot of looting and burning over this. And I suspect some more killings as well.  It is a crappy trade off to protect a bunch of violent cops who do this sort of thing. IMHO we need to hold them to much higher standards and punish the hell out of them when they do these things. 

It is notoriously difficult to hold the police accountable when they do bad things. That is what this is all about. If you want the rioting to stop then demand the police obey the same laws and face the same penalties that the rest of us do. And when they abuse their authority put them in the same dungeons that the common man must endure. Until then I suggest you get used to breathing the smoke from the fires.

• Like 1
  • well done 1
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

The fact remains that we are going to have a lot of looting and burning over this. And I suspect some more killings as well.  It is a crappy trade off to protect a bunch of violent cops who do this sort of thing. IMHO we need to hold them to much higher standards and punish the hell out of them when they do these things. 

Whatever blows your skirt up bob. Go for it. 
And my comment about racism was based on fake news that all the officers involved were white.  

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

HOW MANY others?

Slim what about the Asian cop who was more concerned with looking tough and proving that he wouldn’t flinch than he was with checking to see if what all those people were screaming was true? I don’t know how you complain about other people stirring the pot so much and then make a post like this. “Gee I don’t know what would make these people so mad they would loot can you guys please explain it to me?” Despite your best efforts I don’t think anybody here believes your that stupid. 

• Like 2
  • well done 1
3 minutes ago, Caliche Chris said:

Slim what about the Asian cop who was more concerned with looking tough and proving that he wouldn’t flinch than he was with checking to see if what all those people were screaming was true? I don’t know how you complain about other people stirring the pot so much and then make a post like this. “Gee I don’t know what would make these people so mad they would loot can you guys please explain it to me?” Despite your best efforts I don’t think anybody here believes your that stupid. 

I do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3