Nugget Shooter Forums

13 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Sounds political to me MM.

And you were doing so well trying to follow the rules. I guess the temptation was just too much for you to bear.

How about this?

• Like 2
  • well done 1
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From my perspective, and the way I was taught in two different police academies and years of police work (under California law), A police officer (or a citizen) may not use deadly force solely in defe

Im gonna say i dont agree with all of the people saying the United States is full of inequality. I have 5 friends that are a "Minority" and they have awesome careers making over 100 grand a year. Coll

It would be one thing if you had a thick enough skin to see these topics through to the end. But no, you start them and then tattle when you don’t like others responses. That’s the equivalent of the l

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

It's pretty obvious that bob's main purpose in this thread is to dance. 

They are playing our song MM.

33 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

If you want to dance you need to remember the tune you were singing yesterday.

I know it is difficult when you try to sing so many tunes.

Weak mi hijo.  Probrecito. Very weak. Not sure you could stand up by your self on the dance floor any more . . .

49 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

How about this?

Amen to that lady.

Maybe some day we'll have a President like that.  

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, BMc said:

I declined the dance. The metaphor is silly. You didn't get "the tune" then and you won't get it now, unless you start listening. Master Luke used the term patriot like it was a slur: phony, or pretensive, and certainly as a pejorative. I flipped the term and made it, "non-patriot". Simple Goose and Gander stuff.

Goose stuff indeed Mac. It seems you have a whole sack full. 

1 minute ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Goose stuff indeed Mac. It seems you have a whole sack full. 

Getting weaker by the minute Bob. Why don't we postpone the "dance" until you have a chance to back up and regroup? Maybe even get back to issues horita?  

Bien. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, BMc said:

No Luke, that's not what I am saying, but you did make the following statement: "Service members who fought and died in defense for our country didn't do it for a flag or a song. They did it for what the flag and the song represent" and since you so self assuredly purported to know what war veterans killed in the line of duty died for, I was asserting that the only way you could possibly know this, IMO, is to have served alongside veterans in war. That's why I challenged you on that subject.

I will concede on this point. :thcongratsflwrs:

Since I have not actually laid in a foxhole while my buddy died next to me, I can't know exactly what causes a man to put himself in that situation.

My apologies to any Vets who were offended by my overstep. :old:

Luke

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BMc said:

it's too bad because he could have accomplished so much more by using that press exposure to elevate the discussion in an intelligent manner! He didn't do that, IMO!

It's also too bad that you didn't say something smart like this yesterday.  :89:

We could've had a different conversation.

Maybe next time.  :pop:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

It's also too bad that you didn't say something smart like this yesterday.  :89:

We could've had a different conversation.

Maybe next time.  :pop:

Well Luke, since I didn't bring up Mr. Kaepernick as a talking point, I didn't think it was something I needed to focus on very much. But like you said, maybe next time. I appreciate you reaching out.

1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

I will concede on this point. :thcongratsflwrs:

Since I have not actually laid in a foxhole while my buddy died next to me, I can't know exactly what causes a man to put himself in that situation.

My apologies to any Vets who were offended by my overstep. :old:

Luke

I haven't had anyone die next to me either Luke. And outside of myself, I really don't know the answer either. I strongly suspect though, that a big part of it may have something to do with that red, white and blue piece of cloth, and that song. :) 

Take Care,

10 hours ago, LukeJ said:

They live in Minneapolis.  They didn't have to do anything to bring the cops to their neighborhood.

I get what you're trying to say, but if you look again, you'll see normal people. 

The one lady was even wearing a white mask.  Remember when out biggest problem was Covid?

Why can't they just be concerned citizens who are worried?

Videos abound on social media of shadowy figures, dressed in black, systematically smashing store windows, but not looting, cutting through fences outside police stations, but not pushing the fences over; softening defenses for the rioters.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/31/george-floyd-riots-are-the-price-of-liberalism-devine/

• Like 1

Here's the deal the way I see it folks. There are some bad cops and sometimes good cops make mistakes. Even the bad cops and the cops who make mistakes save lives and protect your butt. They are far better than the mobs you are seeing with your own eyes as they riot, loot and burn down buildings.
We either have law and order in this country or we have chaos and anarchy. Those are the only 2 choices.
If your city and state leaders have failed to protect you and your property, they have failed in their number 1 purpose.

• Like 2
June 1, 2020
630a1777-02f6-444a-8ec5-fce3209db6d8.png

A Message From Mayor McKeown

On Sunday, Santa Monica honored and respected, and ultimately protected, a peaceful protest against institutional racism.  Yet our solidarity with those honoring George Floyd was betrayed, as was his memory, by opportunistic and organized criminals.  Taking advantage of the protest as a diversion, they stole not only goods, but jobs, and challenged the resilience of our business community, which is poised for recovery from the ongoing pandemic.

Sunday was one of the most distressing days in Santa Monica history.

We know better than to let the looters obscure the message of the protesters, who have indeed been heard.  What a small and selfish criminal element has done instead is to bring our community more closely together.  We will support our local businesses to recover from this.  

Much was lost on Sunday, including property and innocence.  As Mayor, I'm grateful that we did not lose any lives.  Our public safety officers showed professional restraint and resolve under the most difficult of circumstances.

We now face the task of rebuilding — rebuilding businesses and rebuilding trust.  We begin that task now, this minute, and we begin it together.
Latest Updates:
  • No loss of life and no serious injuries. 
  • Nine fires took place Sunday in Santa Monica. There are no active fires at this time. 
  • Tonight, the City is working to board up businesses impacted.  City Public Works crews will be working early in the morning to clean city streets and sidewalks, remove graffiti, and conduct damage assessments.  We will begin rebuilding community-wide. 
  • The City has heard from lots of community members eager to help clean up Santa Monica after Sunday's events.  We expect lots of debris, and we appreciate everyone's commitment and willingness to help.  For your safety, please stay inside and wait until after 9 a.m. Monday, June 1 to begin clean up efforts to ensure that curfew orders are fully complete and so that businesses have an opportunity to assess damage.  If you are supporting local clean up efforts, please bring your own face coverings, work gloves, brooms, dustpans and trash bags. Please stay six feet apart and work in small groups. 
  • Please use 9-1-1 for life threatening emergencies.  The City is doing everything we can to respond to the most urgent calls for assistance.  If you have photo or video evidence of individuals looting in Santa Monica, please email info@santamonica.gov. 
  • The I-10 and Pacific Coast Highway off-ramps into Santa Monica remain closed. 
  • Big Blue Bus rider information is available at www.bigbluebus.com.  
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Here's the deal the way I see it folks. There are some bad cops and sometimes good cops make mistakes. Even the bad cops and the cops who make mistakes save lives and protect your butt. They are far better than the mobs you are seeing with your own eyes as they riot, loot and burn down buildings.
We either have law and order in this country or we have chaos and anarchy. Those are the only 2 choices.
If your city and state leaders have failed to protect you and your property, they have failed in their number 1 purpose.

The way I see it, it's the small percentage of people in the crowd who are there to cause chaos and anarchy.  Not the majority.

I'm sure that guy in the picture above is a hardened criminal.  The one with the Fruit Loops and the baby formula. 

Stealing is wrong, but maybe his kids are hungry and he no longer has a job.  :arrowheadsmiley:

21 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

The way I see it, it's the small percentage of people in the crowd who are there to cause chaos and anarchy.  Not the majority.

I agree. There's always a few bad apples on both sides that cause the problems. Bad cops and the thugs. Get rid of both and we wouldn't have these problems. But that's never going to happen and we'll continue to have these issues.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Morlock said:

I agree. There's always a few bad apples on both sides that cause the problems. Bad cops and the thugs. Get rid of both and we wouldn't have these problems. But that's never going to happen and we'll continue to have these issues.

Well now, since we've got that covered. 

What's left to talk about?  :)

That other guy in the photo looks to be in a hurry to get some laundry done.  :idunno:

5 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Videos abound on social media of shadowy figures, dressed in black, systematically smashing store windows, but not looting, cutting through fences outside police stations, but not pushing the fences over; softening defenses for the rioters.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/31/george-floyd-riots-are-the-price-of-liberalism-devine/

I found this statement to be interesting:     :89:

See his Twitter feed of January 2018, when he posed for a selfie at a bookstore holding “Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook” and wrote: “I just found the book that strikes fear in the heart of @realDonaldTrump.”

I'm not going to defend antifa, or any extremist group for that matter.  But if you understand a little about 'why' they exist then some things become clearer.

Their 'whole purpose' is to meet fascist ideology head on, with a direct counter.  They claim that if fascist elements didn't exist, then they would have no purpose, more or less...

The above quote I took from the article makes some implications I believe.

I'll leave it at that.

Demonstrations and 'demonstrators' usually have a time and a place to start and then have a destination and an ending with photo ops and speeches.

These 'demonstrations' as the media is calling them are just an excuse to hang out until it is time to loot and destroy.  That is what happened here in Santa Monica.  There was a beginning with no end in sight and that would leave it to one of the most liberal cities in the country to end it with their police department.

I wish there could have been some tracking on how the 'demonstrators' got here and they could be tracked back to where they live.  Social media and cell phones have enabled them to move quicker than the police and they attack and destroy unattended/unprotected properties.  The difference between this and the 1992 Riots is that gangs or even car loads of thugs would just pull up to a place and break in and loot and burn it.  There was no one to stop them.  They did not come to Santa Monica back then.

There would be a very small number of the demonstrators who actually live in Santa Monica.  I hope that some of the video will be analyzed and identifications linked to get a more clear picture of who did this because they will do it again.  Pictures of guys and gals laughing while they loot are sickening.  It is obvious they have no conscience and it is fun to make a new rap video and send it on to their friends and followers who may be watching the police on the local TV helping direct the 'demonstrators.'

All of you out there think about having a small business or shop in the path of one of these demonstrations.  What would you do?  How would you protect it and your future income? 

Much of what ended the 1992 Riots was when the Korean business community had had enough and armed citizens stood on top of their strip centers and buildings and stopped the fires.  These 'demonstrations' are more national than those.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

There would be a very small number of the demonstrators who actually live in Santa Monica.

I believe that's what they are finding all over the nation.

The people who are causing the chaos and anarchy don't even live in the communities they are attacking.

Organized crime, gangs, possible foreign organizations.....      They all have something to gain.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

In broad daylight.

Well didn't you know there was a curfew last night?  :4chsmu1:

26 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I believe that's what they are finding all over the nation.

The people who are causing the chaos and anarchy don't even live in the communities they are attacking.

Organized crime, gangs, possible foreign organizations.....      They all have something to gain.

We know the russians were using facebook before the last election to exploit racial divisions. Perhaps they are doing it again but only to inflame public opinions.

While it may not be a physical presence, it could certainly raise tensions.