Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Theoretically equal treatment under the law. Of course we could get into a debate about race, money and politics (not on this forum) but the lady with the scales is supposed to be wearing a blindfold.  

That's the rumor that's going around . . .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From my perspective, and the way I was taught in two different police academies and years of police work (under California law), A police officer (or a citizen) may not use deadly force solely in defe

Im gonna say i dont agree with all of the people saying the United States is full of inequality. I have 5 friends that are a "Minority" and they have awesome careers making over 100 grand a year. Coll

It would be one thing if you had a thick enough skin to see these topics through to the end. But no, you start them and then tattle when you don’t like others responses. That’s the equivalent of the l

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Yeah, I know.   But time and time again, that's not how it turns out.

If there was 'no race' and all humans were 'the same color', would the police brutality issue be more important to everyone?

If they were killing people that looked like 'us', would we still be more concerned with the looting and arson?

We better be. And it's not the distorted, "more concerned"; it's not difficult to understand. It's all a major concern. And one doesn't justify the other. As much as some would have us believe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

It's still wrong.

Luke i agree 100% bud. But i really do think it happens in the whit community just as often but it just isn't heard about. When it does happen to another race then it is top news. Just my thoughts. 

  • Like 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BMc said:

Luke, son, now you're just rambling willy - nilly.

"Service members who fought and died in defense for our country didn't do it for a flag or a song.  They did it for what the flag and the song represent"

Really Luke? Maybe I'm not giving you enough credit. You must have one hell of a lot of combat experience to impart such breath taking revelations. If that's the case, I humbly salute you Sir! 

I'm not your son.  :cowboypistol:

I fully expected you to react that way to me.  I realize that because I didn't serve, my 'patriotism' is not as grand as yours.

If you think that you have some sort of say on who is a 'good American' or not, you've missed the whole point of this country.

I humbly salute all past and present service members.  Those who fought for the true values of this country.  Not some deluded version of Us vs. Them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I'm not your son.  :cowboypistol:

I fully expected you to react that way to me.  I realize that because I didn't serve, my 'patriotism' is not a grand as yours.

If you think that you have some sort of say on who is a 'good American' or not, you've missed the whole point of this country.

I humbly salute all past and present service members.  Those who fought for the true values of this country.  Not some deluded version of Us vs. Them.

No Luke, you are not my son, but your posts reminds me of my self when I was young. And if you don't mind using the term Geezer, I don't think you should mind me using the term son. And it's not about me thinking that your patriotism isn't as grand as mine, what ever that's supposed to mean. After Vietnam, my "grand" patriotism, wasn't quite as grand as you might think. It did open my eyes, as life experiences tend to do. But I never lost faith in the meaning behind the symbolism which you cryptically refer to as a "deluded version of US vs Them" 

It's not about serving or not serving either. It's about what sounds like a grandiose, mistaken and ill informed perception of what other peoples beliefs and motivations are about. And to make a sweeping statement like you did, claiming to have such knowledge which can only be achieved by extensive life experience, IMO, smacks of immaturity, idealism and a bit of hubris, with all due respect sir.  As I was once told many years ago, Take a fool's advice. Keep the idealism, and toss out the hubris. Maturity will come with age and experience. :)

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So you're still talking down to me?

At what age will my opinion matter?

Due to your age, I've given you the respect you 'deserve' as an elder.

Just because you are 'not young' are you done learning?

Do you want to flash your 'Veteran's card' again?

I can think of someone else who didn't serve.  He actually put in some effort to avoid his duty.  You sure seem to think his opinion is worth consideration.

  • well done 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

So you're still talking down to me?

At what age will my opinion matter?

Due to your age, I've given you the respect you 'deserve' as an elder.

Just because you are 'not young' are you done learning?

Do you want to flash your 'Veteran's card' again?

I can think of someone else who didn't serve.  He actually put in some effort to avoid his duty.  You sure seem to think his opinion is worth consideration.

Good Luck Luke and Best Wishes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd like to congratulate all the people who have posted on this topic for keeping within forum guidelines. Hopefully the rioting, looting and arson will stop and law and order will prevail. It really is too bad lawbreakers turned an ugly act into such widespread chaos, anarchy and destruction. 

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Hopefully the rioting, looting and arson will stop and law and order will prevail. It really is too bad lawbreakers turned an ugly act into such widespread chaos and anarchy. 

Can we all agree that not all protestors are lawbreakers?

Same as, not all cops are bad cops.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

I'd like to congratulate all the people who have posted on this topic for keeping within forum guidelines. Hopefully the rioting, looting and arson will stop and law and order will prevail. It really is too bad lawbreakers turned an ugly act into such widespread chaos and anarchy. 

Thank you so much!

I would like to congratulate you for posting this topic and staying within forum guidelines Slim! I'm proud of you! GOOD JOB!

Hopefully the police brutality and murders will slow down a bit after these protests and it will be a catalyst for change in our law enforcement.

:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BMc said:

It's not about serving or not serving either. It's about what sounds like a grandiose, mistaken and ill informed perception of what other peoples beliefs and motivations are about. And to make a sweeping statement like you did, claiming to have such knowledge which can only be achieved by extensive life experience, IMO, smacks of immaturity, idealism and a bit of hubris, with all due respect sir.

So you're saying that since I don't have combat experience, my words carry less weight than yours?

That only combat veterans are enlightened enough to know 'the real truths'?

Did you serve for the flag and the song?  Or was it for what they represent?  Do I have to be deployed in order to possess that insight?

Are the symbols more important than the values they are supposed to represent?

When you can't produce an effective counter, you call me an arrogant kid.

This country was founded on idealism.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Can we all agree that not all protestors are lawbreakers?

Same as, not all cops are bad cops.

 

I think we should also acknowledge that it was an horrific murder by police during the worst pandemic in modern history that set this thing off.

It is not the oppressed's fault the streets are burning. A lot played into this. That does not give individuals the right to break the law. Nor does it give individuals the right to ignore the systemic failures that led up to this situation.

Disease, economic crisis and social unrest. Three months ago we were wrestling over the likelihood of this happening. Now we are pretending to be amazed that it is coming to pass. 

Wash your hands pendejos. And wear that mask. Grow a garden. Figure out how to position yourself to weather the storm that is coming. It is going to get a whole lot worse between now and November.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Here are some interesting statistics...

Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States from 2017 to 2020, by race

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

I agree. It is shameful isn't it? Blacks are exponentially more likely to be shot by police and the statistics are crystal clear.

This is exactly why people are protesting.

People are rioting and burning down buildings for a completely different reason. They aren't protesters. They are anarchists, instigators and criminals and they are not motivated by the need for social justice.

  • Irritated 1
  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I agree. It is shameful isn't it?

This is exactly why people are protesting.

People are rioting and burning down buildings for a completely different reason.

It is shameful Bob. I understand protesting. What is the reason for rioting and burning down buildings?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

What is the reason for rioting and burning down buildings?

 

9 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

People are rioting and burning down buildings for a completely different reason. They aren't protesters. They are anarchists, instigators and criminals and they are not motivated by the need for social justice.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Slim needs for someone to explain it to him and I just don't have the time. 

I would appreciate it if someone would compare and contrast the motivational factors of protesting for social justice with turning a crowd into a riot.

If someone does not jump in and educate you on this I'll try to explain it to you later Slim. I don't want you to be in the dark on important concepts like these.

:25r30wi:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Slim needs for someone to explain it to him and I just don't have the time. 

I would appreciate it if someone would compare and contrast the motivational factors of protesting for social justice with turning a crowd into a riot.

If someone does not jump in and educate you on this I'll try to explain it to you later Slim. I don't want you to be in the dark on important concepts like these.

:25r30wi:

That's exactly how I think about many of your posts Bob. We think alike in that respect.
:laught16:

Edited by Dakota Slim
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Slim needs for someone to explain it to him and I just don't have the time. 

I would appreciate it if someone would compare and contrast the motivational factors of protesting for social justice with turning a crowd into a riot.

If someone does not jump in and educate you on this I'll try to explain it to you later Slim. I don't want you to be in the dark on important concepts like these.

:25r30wi:

 

38 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

That's exactly how I think about many of your posts Bob. We think alike in that respect.
:laught16:

That's so very strange...I have always thought that you both were much alike in that respect....that I wondered if you both were maternal twins separated at birth, or brothers from different mothers, or something along those lines!!  :idunno:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

 

That's so very strange...I have always thought that you both were much alike in that respect....that I wondered if you both were maternal twins separated at birth, or brothers from different mothers, or something along those lines!!  :idunno:

He is my clone. I shall call him Mini Me.

 

:25r30wi:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...