Nugget Shooter Forums

You’d make a great politician Mac! You managed to jump in here and within minutes simultaneously agree and disagree with everyone here. Good solid on the fence answer man! 

• Like 4
  • Hmmmmmm 1
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From my perspective, and the way I was taught in two different police academies and years of police work (under California law), A police officer (or a citizen) may not use deadly force solely in defe

Im gonna say i dont agree with all of the people saying the United States is full of inequality. I have 5 friends that are a "Minority" and they have awesome careers making over 100 grand a year. Coll

It would be one thing if you had a thick enough skin to see these topics through to the end. But no, you start them and then tattle when you don’t like others responses. That’s the equivalent of the l

Posted Images

How did i know this was going to turn out to be one of those ridiculous argument posts? Jeez. I agree that debating on everyone's different opinions is a good thing, but it always goes overboard because some people think their opinion is the only one that matters.  

My opinion is: It was murder and that guy needs the highest discipline there is. As far as the riots and looting, just plain stupid!! Destroying and burning down your own neighborhood is quite dumb. You get to live there when its all done.

• Like 4
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Caliche Chris said:

I enjoy those topics too Mac, Did you think I was suggesting that we shouldn’t discuss anything that might be controversial? I was taking issue with the fact that the person who consistently complains the most to admins about topics getting off track or too involved in politics has created another post, that is from the beginning being nudged in that same direction. 

Chris. I learned to not respond to bait posts or personal assaults and to try and stay out of pissing contests. I do try to keep things on topic and do my best to not make things political. 
As for most complaints to admins, I could be wrong but I seriously doubt I am among the top complainers. 

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Caliche Chris said:

Not even close Mac, I rarely say anything on here, the person I called out has a history of doing it repeatedly. You found one post where I laughed at a response someone made and you think it’s similar to  consistently ignoring or writing off any response that doesn’t agree with me? Apples and oranges man

OK Chris. Fair enough. I wasn't dwelling on the history so much as the individual examples.

Here's a couple pictures of good citizens standing up and protecting a police officer who was separated from the rest of the squad.

Not everyone who protests police brutality is there to hurt people and destroy things.

Property is replaceable, People are not.  They are not equal, nor should they be viewed that way.

101367996_1230685127272305_944229756658778112_n.jpg

101559607_1230685167272301_8321479177286975488_n.jpg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Caliche Chris said:

You’d make a great politician Mac! You managed to jump in here and within minutes simultaneously agree and disagree with everyone here. Good solid on the fence answer man! 

Wow Chris! Anybody that knows me at all, knows that I am anything but a fence sitter. IMO, I call them like I see them, but I certainly don't feel like it has to be a totally one sided, agree or disagree matter, as in picking sides between the cops or the criminals. In this case, I condemn both because individual behavior requires individual accountability.

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Here's a couple pictures of good citizens standing up and protecting a police officer who was separated from the rest of the squad.

Not everyone who protests police brutality is there to hurt people and destroy things.

Property is replaceable, People are not.  They are not equal, nor should they be viewed that way.

101367996_1230685127272305_944229756658778112_n.jpg

101559607_1230685167272301_8321479177286975488_n.jpg

"Property is replaceable, People are not.  They are not equal, nor should they be viewed that way" 

I agree. Nor should either be destroyed with impunity or callous disregard for the law.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BMc said:

Wow Chris! Anybody that knows me at all, knows that I am anything but a fence sitter. IMO, I call them like I see them, but I certainly don't feel like it has to be a totally one sided, agree or disagree matter, as in picking sides between the cops or the criminals. In this case, I condemn both because individual behavior requires individual accountability.

Nothing personal Mac, and keep in mind that I don’t know you at all. This may be first time we’ve ever spoke on the forum unless I’m mistaken. If you had come right out and said “I condemn both because individual behavior requires individual accountability” I wouldn’t have said a word and probably wouldve liked your post. That’s not exactly how you expressed it.

Edited by Caliche Chris
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

Chris. I learned to not respond to bait posts or personal assaults and to try and stay out of pissing contests. I do try to keep things on topic and do my best to not make things political. 
As for most complaints to admins, I could be wrong but I seriously doubt I am among the top complainers. 

Well I could be wrong too Slim, I don’t read every post on here and I’m just going off the few controversial topics I’ve read lately. In any case, I don’t want it to seem like I’m discouraging reasonable conversation or civil discussion by my reactions. If I gave that impression to anyone I apologize. So thanks for the post and for your view point Slim. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Caliche Chris said:

I enjoy those topics too Mac, Did you think I was suggesting that we shouldn’t discuss anything that might be controversial? I was taking issue with the fact that the person who consistently complains the most to admins about topics getting off track or too involved in politics has created another post, that is from the beginning being nudged in that same direction. 

Yeah Chris, that tends to go back and forth too. Until eventually, it seems to always break down into personality issues . . .  :Just_Cuz_15:

7 minutes ago, BMc said:

"Property is replaceable, People are not.  They are not equal, nor should they be viewed that way" 

I agree. Nor should either be destroyed with impunity or callous disregard for the law.

So then you agree with Colin Kaepernick?

His peaceful protest was supposed to bring attention to this very subject.

Until it was politicized, and every 'patriot' made it about something else.

• Like 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1
Posted (edited)

This is really good news if you ask me, but "push back"??? 
The perps in Minnesota and every other state should be rounded up and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
bob thinks this is funny. 

Minnesota's governor said Saturday the state is using “intelligence support” from the U.S. military and the National Security Agency to push back against the alleged organizers of riots that have occurred in the state in response to the death of George Floyd.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minnesota-intelligence-support-nsa-riots

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Haha 1

FYI...

ANTIFA is not a left wing group. Nor is a race war their goal.

Radical right groups and hate groups are the ones who want a race war. They are also the ones who were arrested for rioting, breaking windows and setting fires.

Just thought you would like to know.

• Irritated 1
2 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

FYI...

Radical right groups and hate groups are the ones who want a race war. They are also the ones who were arrested for rioting, breaking windows and setting fires.

Can you provide a source for this information bob?

25 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Well, the article is titled Dueling claims. It does NOT back up your claim but hopefully we will see who is responsible and they will be brought to justice.

Then we agree 100%!

The cops are murderers and the arsonists are arsons! 

Was that so difficult Slim?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Caliche Chris said:

Nothing personal Mac, and keep in mind that I don’t know you at all. This may be first time we’ve ever spoke on the forum unless I’m mistaken. If you’d be come right out and said “I condemn both because individual behavior requires individual accountability” I wouldn’t have said a word and probably would've liked your post. That’s not exactly how you expressed it.

Well Chris, you're right. We don't know each other, but I don't think I would take anything you have to say as being personal or offensive. We might not see everything exactly the same way but there's nothing wrong with that. There can be disagreement even among friends.

I apologize if my post did not clearly express the above summation that you quoted. I detest police brutality and criminality. And I do take instances of police brutality personally, for several reasons: Not only is it morally wrong in the extreme, it is devastating to the image of what every good Cop stands for and tries to be. It is also stupid behavior plain and simple.

My opinion on the possible cause of death of Mr. Floyd was based on my experience as a Police Officer/ Investigator in the Oakland Bay area in the 1970's and training and experience in Homicide/Death Investigations, attending autopsies, dealing with corner cases etc. I did not mean to imply any sympathy for, or make any excuses for the behavior of the police. it was not in any way defensible; quite the contrary.  it was reprehensible!

Finally, one of the first things a cop is taught in the police academy, is: "The Badge is not a Shield" If a cop is "badge heavy" out there on he street, (a term used by cops to describe a cop who leans towards excessive force} he is risking the life of every cop he works with. And he should have been hearing about it long ago from his peers, and from his supervisors on his personnel evaluations. Obviously, there are many questions that have yet to be answered.

17 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Then we agree 100%!

The cops are murderers and the arsonists are arsons! 

Was that so difficult Slim?

I wouldn't say that bob. In this case, one cop for sure is guilty of murder -- or at least manslaughter -- but ALL arsonists are indeed arsonists but that isn't what you posted when I asked if you had a source. Here, let me refresh your memory...

53 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

FYI...

1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

So then you agree with Colin Kaepernick?

His peaceful protest was supposed to bring attention to this very subject.

Until it was politicized, and every 'patriot' made it about something else.

Sorry Luke, I can't hang with the "non-patriots" on this one. 

14 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

I wouldn't say that bob. In this case, one cop for sure is guilty of murder -- or at least manslaughter -- but ALL arsonists are indeed arsonists but that isn't what you posted when I asked if you had a source. Here, let me refresh your memory...

53 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

FYI...

OK then. So we don't agree.

:idunno:

21 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Lets try this again....

0000000000000m.png

Actually almost every single American is still in solidarity against an unspeakable injustice.

They are also concerned about the rioting and looting. But they know it is a reaction to the ongoing unspeakable injustice in this country.

A few are focusing on the rioting in an attempt to distract from that unspeakable injustice. For them it has become "the whole issue". But for most the issue is still a cop murdering a black man by kneeling on his neck while he begged for his life.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1