Nugget Shooter Forums

BMc a deep bow in your direction. That was one of the clearest and most informative posts on the subject I've ever seen.
Thank you.

My nephew is a SWAT officer in Oakland. No explanation needed. I have had many amazing talks with him and
to hear his take on policing is a revelation as well…he loves the people he protects, has great empathy for them even as 
as he has to also face down very dangerous criminality. He has a big heart, talks often of having to deal with various aspects
of burn-out and frustration. His wife is a dispatcher for the same department. Imagine having to vector your husband 
into harms way and hear what he is dealing with in real time.

Policing is difficult and needs very specific and detailed training and uniquely qualified people to carry out the duties.

A fitting post to lock the topic on...

• Thanks 2
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From my perspective, and the way I was taught in two different police academies and years of police work (under California law), A police officer (or a citizen) may not use deadly force solely in defe

Im gonna say i dont agree with all of the people saying the United States is full of inequality. I have 5 friends that are a "Minority" and they have awesome careers making over 100 grand a year. Coll

It would be one thing if you had a thick enough skin to see these topics through to the end. But no, you start them and then tattle when you don’t like others responses. That’s the equivalent of the l

Posted Images