Nugget Shooter Forums

Riots, Looting and Arson

15 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Sure bob. Give it your best shot. 

Why dont you do a little internet research and get a basic understanding of the concept?

Then when you know enough about it to discuss the subject intelligently we can kick it around a bit.

I am happy to discuss it with anyone who is genuinely interested.

:idunno:

• Like 1
  • Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From my perspective, and the way I was taught in two different police academies and years of police work (under California law), A police officer (or a citizen) may not use deadly force solely in defe

Im gonna say i dont agree with all of the people saying the United States is full of inequality. I have 5 friends that are a "Minority" and they have awesome careers making over 100 grand a year. Coll

It would be one thing if you had a thick enough skin to see these topics through to the end. But no, you start them and then tattle when you don’t like others responses. That’s the equivalent of the l

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Morlock said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/twitter-takes-down-washington-protest-disinformation-bot-behavior-n1221456

If this happens online, it could very well be happening on the streets as well.

It is happening in the streets of every major city in America.

It is being used to criminalize the voices of dissent.

Not to say that some "ANTIFA" groups are not raising hell along with other groups and individuals because they are.

But the far right extremist groups are the ones that want a race war and are using the protests toward those ends.

We see this very clearly in our area. All the organized agitators identified so far are various groups of right wing militia organized under the "NM Civil Guard" and are being organized and funded by a conservative political group called "Cowboys for Trump".  Lots of conservative donations intended to be used for the campaign are being spent organizing and providing travel expenses for armed militia to attend rallies all over the State. Their official motive is "protecting businesses from looting" but they are really just armed idiots wanting to parade around with guns and cause trouble.

That is also where the support for the protests against the Covid 19 restrictions were coming from. They even paid a print shop in Farmington to print New Mexico flags with the Zia symbol turned into a swastika. These are not good people.

They are being organized by several local operatives who support far right ideology. Three are elected officials and several more are wealthy businessmen in the area. I know two of them personally and they are very up front about their intentions in funding and empowering armed vigilantes to intimidate what they feel are "radical liberal voices".

Their idea of the "radical liberal voices" are anyone that does not support far right ideology. And they believe anyone who opposes them is "ANTIFA". This is the narrative being pushed to silence any opposition. It is why Trump is trying to criminalize "ANTIFA" as a "terrorist organization" and empower these armed militant groups.

The closer it gets to the November election the more we will see and hear these extremists in our community. The plan is to make voting as intimidating as possible. 

(Fun fact - ANTIFA is not an organization. It is a viewpoint.)

There is talk of weaponizing the virus and infiltrating the protests with active Covid 19 carriers. One forum is looking for willing "jihadists" who have tested positive to do just that. Many are talking up this idea on the internet and no doubt will find people who are willing to carry it out.

There are a few local businesses that are allowing them to stand with their guns and body armor on private property near the protests. The police can't do much about it except keep a close eye on them. 

That is the situation here and across New Mexico. I am sure that this same element exists in various shades across the country. I have not heard of any real problems in our community with any far left agitators or subversives but the potential is certainly there.

Many anti fascists are involved with the protests but no trouble has been attributed to them so far. There is the definite possibility of trouble though when you have armed right wing militia travelling to protests. They are looking for trouble and the various anti fascist groups and individuals are their natural enemy. 

The anti fascist element has organized peaceful protest in our area since Charlottesville. They have always cooperated with the police and I know there is good repoire there. They often coordinate demonstrations and have been very successful at keeping a lid on it. The ones I am familiar with support authority and are not Anarchists. That is not always the case but those voices are few and far between.

The radical militias for the most part are not police friendly. There has been conflict. But many officers are sympathizers too. So it is really twisted and confusing. Allegiances are not clear.

It is a really complex situation without any obvious good guys or bad guys. Both ends of the spectrum have the propensity for direct conflict. There is no doubt that before this is over there will be conflict between them. A lot of money is being spent to promote conflict. That is a sad truth that everyone is going to have to deal with.

Most of the protesters are oblivious. They are focused on George Floyd and the issue at hand. There is not a radical soul in the group. Just average citizens outraged and heartbroken over what happened. I recognize many faces from our community and these are good people. It is not a mob at all.

• Thanks 2

Local law enforcement weighs in on AZ Gov. Doug Ducey’s curfew

“In the event any protest crosses into criminal activity, swift and immediate action will be taken,” Schuster said. “No group has the right to riot, loot or cause injury or death in the name of self-proclaimed justice.”

https://kdminer.com/news/2020/jun/01/local-law-enforcement-weighs-gov-doug-duceys-curfe/

4 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Hi David. I distinctly remember the following post you made which was Skip edited to remove criticism. As for ISIS in the US, have a look at the following link or Google it. Certainly in our diverse society and the fact that our borders were so easily penetrated, one can not rule out anything. Then, of course, ISIS can freely recruit new members though any number of means.

On 4/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, Dakota Slim said:
On 4/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, Dakota Slim said:

I think you can probably agree that we either have law and order in this country or we have chaos and anarchy. 

I don't agree at all. We have an erosion of many aspects of 'law and order', It's not either/or…that kind of simplistic mind set does't work.

Slim, if you want to get people freaked out about ISIS in the US don't tell me to google it, YOU google it. And if you are unwilling or unable to provide even the loosest kind of information (google) about something that is such gross misinformation you need to check yourself. Your kind of irresponsibility only adds to confusion and apprehension. 

I completely stand by my post about an erosion of many aspects of law and order.
It has nothing to do with approving of chaos and anarchy.
As is so often the case with your interpretation of posts, you missed the point. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Meanwhile, up in Idaho....

Notice there is no peaceful protest? 

These guys aren't preventing any riots. They are parading around in a peaceful area taking selfies with their guns. In some peaceful white neighborhood in Idaho.

They aren't doing anything except posing. Show me one clip of a civillian vigilante doing anything besides putting on a show for the camera and talking tough schite.

If they got anywhere near a protest going wild it would cause the situation to explode. A fool with any experience could see that.

• Sad 1
9 minutes ago, FlakMagnet said:

Slim, if you want to get people freaked out about ISIS in the US don't tell me to google it, YOU google it. And if you are unwilling or unable to provide even the loosest kind of information (google) about something that is such gross misinformation you need to check yourself. Your kind of irresponsibility only adds to confusion and apprehension. 

I completely stand by my post about an erosion of many aspects of law and order.
It has nothing to do with approving of chaos and anarchy.
As is so often the case with your interpretation of posts, you missed the point. 

I don't want people to freak out about ISIS or anything else. I did google it and provided you a link to back up what I posted. You can't back up your statement that ISIS is NOT here so I would say you win the irresponsibility award. 
I would also stack up my ability to interpret posts with anyone. 
I said "we either have law and order in this country or chaos and anarchy" and you disagreed. You say we have "an erosion of many aspects of law and order" so I guess I should say how do you like "an erosion of many aspects of law and order" now?
I say we enforce existing laws and if the mayors, governors and other elected officials had done that, the rioting would have been stopped immediately. 
Unfortunately, for one reason or another, those mayors, governors and other elected officials in certain cities failed in protecting the lives and property of their constituents.
In fairness, I can see that they were blindsided. There were obviously a number of people keyed up and ready to provoke riots upon any disturbance. There is ample evidence of that and I hope that they get busted for what they did and serve LONG prison sentences. 

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

These guys aren't preventing any riots. They are parading around in a peaceful area taking selfies with their guns. In some peaceful white neighborhood in Idaho.

They aren't doing anything except posing. Show me one clip of a civillian vigilante doing anything besides putting on a show for the camera and talking tough schite.

If they got anywhere near a protest going wild it would cause the situation to explode. A fool with any experience could see that.

I certainly notice there is no rioting in Idaho bob. They got word that activists from Spokane were headed their way. If the people of Minneapolis, St. Paul or any other city that was targeted by the agitators had even a few hours of notice you would have seen the same thing -- people arming themselves to protect their property. 
Those who sponsored and coordinated these cheap shot riots are nothing but cowards and they have hell to pay. 

Edited by Dakota Slim
1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Actually, this IS a peaceful protest. It is a peaceful protest against illegally closing down roads, rioting, looting and arson that Americans have had to witness for much of the last week. 

Cuomo slams de Blasio's handling of riots, claims he has power to ‘displace’ mayor but not ‘at that point’

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Tuesday slammed New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio's handling of riots in his city, calling it a "disgrace" and saying he has the power to "displace" the mayor -- although doesn't want to at this point.

"The NYPD and the mayor did not do their job last night, I believe that," Cuomo said of the mayor.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/cuomo-de-blasio-riot

7 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:
They target 38 cities complete with t-shirts, buses, the whole nine yards. And some idiot on the news said it was all spontaneous?

Yep, and they even had pallets full of bricks located in strategic places. All good clues to identify some of them!!!

Edited by Dakota Slim

RIP George Floyd.

Boxer Floyd Mayweather to pay for George Floyd’s funeral

Former boxing champion Floyd Mayweather has offered to pay for George Floyd’s funeral and memorial services, and the family has accepted the offer.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/jun/01/boxer-floyd-mayweather-to-pay-for-george-floyds-fu/

Hopefully these will be many arrests like this....

Two men charged with inciting a riot in West Palm Beach

Both men are also charged with violating an emergency order.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/two-men-charged-with-inciting-a-riot-in-west-palm-beach?fbclid=IwAR0lCxOTXmiTsYkM19LLuw87dF_mA-nRIB6vXo01phktcbg6izn9hGntgHA

2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Open carry. Appears to be working. Any looter with experience would indeed be a fool for putting on a show for the camera in an armed neighborhood like that.

I guess it's just a coincidence that the looters don't seem to be attacking people, and looting stores in any armed neighborhood, in any videos showing open carry. They are not fools. They know a citizen protecting himself and his property may not show restraint like the police do. So why take the risk. Why confront an armed citizen when there are plenty of unarmed victims out there to brutalize.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

Actually, this IS a peaceful protest. It is a peaceful protest against illegally closing down roads, rioting, looting and arson that Americans have had to witness for much of the last week. 

It looks like a bunch of well fed white boys in an upper middle class white neighborhood trying to act like seasoned operators to me.

You should protest your oppression in your trailer park village! You could prevent rioting by shouldering your Red Ryder BB gun and strutting around like a rooster. I bet no rioters will take over the RV park with you on guard!

Take some selfies. Shoot a YouTube video. I am sure someone out there will think you look as cool as you think these guys do.

19 minutes ago, BMc said:

Open carry. Appears to be working. Any looter with experience would indeed be a fool for putting on a show for the camera in an armed neighborhood like that.

I guess it's just a coincidence that the looters don't seem to be attacking people, and looting stores in any armed neighborhood, in any videos showing open carry. They are not fools. They know a citizen protecting himself and his property may not show restraint like the police do. So why take the risk. Why confront an armed citizen when there are plenty of unarmed victims out there to brutalize.

Maybe you should pack up that bag full of guns and go up and stop the violence in Albuquerque tonight? After all citizens willing to protect themselves are the solution. Who better than a seasoned operator like you? True "patriots" need to answer the call!

Strap on your camoflauge cosplay and Hawaiian shirt (don't forget the golden slippers) and join your Boogaloo brothers in securing law and order! Your gas and miles will be paid and you can learn first hand what their objectives are!

The cops are trying hard to keep guys like you from bringing a bunch of civillian idiots with guns into the mix. As a former officer and serviceman if you don't understand this you are either clueless or are stretching your resume quite a bit.

IMHO it is probably a little of both.

16 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It looks like a bunch of well fed white boys in an upper middle class white neighborhood trying to act like seasoned operators to me.

You should protest your oppression in your trailer park village! You could prevent rioting by shouldering your Red Ryder BB gun and strutting around like a rooster. I bet no rioters will take over the RV park with you on guard!

Take some selfies. Shoot a YouTube video. I am sure someone out there will think you look as cool as you think these guys do.

That's a pretty racist and insulting statement bob. I won't respond. 

Here we go...

Antifa arrests coming, concerns over riots heading to suburbia, government source says

Agitators behind the rioting that has paralyzed the country over the past week want to move into more suburban areas, a government intelligence source has told Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/antifa-arrests-coming-riots-suburbs

This is unbelievable. If the killing of George Floyd and the riots and looting weren't enough, we have idiots passing around crap like this.
Who would buy into this? Anyone? They want people to actually CONDONE the rioting, looting and arson.
But hey, give them credit. They KNOW about the bricks being distributed for the agitators. 

0000000000000000dm.jpg

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • wow 1
21 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

That's a pretty racist and insulting statement bob. I won't respond. 

You already did Slim. It happened magically when you hit the enter key. Computers are like that.

I don't want to offend any well fed white boys nor malnourished black ones. Plump brown men will probably not be offended but the gibbous indigenous aboriginal might take exception.

So if you can (politely) explain how my comment is racist in some sort of intelligent terms this sinewy dark skinned guero will edit the post.

Otherwise you will have to live with the racial oppression I have foisted upon your tender white sensibilities.

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Maybe you should pack up that bag full of guns and go up and stop the violence in Albuquerque tonight? After all citizens willing to protect themselves are the solution. Who better than a seasoned operator like you?

Strap on your camoflauge cosplay and Hawaiian shirt and join your Boogaloo brothers in securing law and order! Your gas and miles will be paid and you can learn first hand what their objectives are!

The cops are trying hard to keep guys like you from bringing a bunch of civillian idiots with guns into the mix. As a former officer and serviceman if you don't understand this you are either clueless or are stretching your resume quite a bit 

No Bob, that's more your style than mine. I do applaud your concern for police problems though and I'm sure you're just the man for the job. Unarmed and alone to face the crowd of rioters and looters. Go get em' Bob! Be sure and Let us know how it went!

• Haha 2
47 minutes ago, FlakMagnet said:

Hey slim how about the post above that one? Some idiot passed that crap around too didn't you...

The fox news article? Millions of people read that. It's a trusted news source.
The bigger question is why would you take this opportunity and use this forum to infer I was an idiot?