Nugget Shooter Forums

Stanton LDMA CAMP

Gilaoro

This picture is STANTON as it was when  George "Buzzard" Massie bought it.  Compare it to the "SLUM" that the present owners have created.STANTONLDMACAMP.jpg

• Like 2

I haven't been there for about 12 years. Spent a lot of time camped at Decision Corner. Found my 1st nugget there and did pretty good on the 24K claims -- including this chunky 57 grammer. 

nugget2.jpg

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 4
  • well done 1

On 5/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, Morlock said:

Where are all the hippies that took over that area and lived there before Massie brought the place?

They all got old and retired like me and you!  Do you remember when they were having an outing or whatever they called it back then and the guy came up with one of those long range gold finders and I told him I would buy one on the spot if he could prove it right now and it would only have to work to about 50 feet. He was held in the old out house while I hid my 1 LB silver bar and your 1/4 oz nugget you had found about 25 feet out into the cactus alongside the road. We let him out and told him to find it but he had to use his machine and could  not walk around and "Eye"hunt but could turn around and point to the location and tell how far it was. He failed of course and got so mad at the bystanders that he packed up and left. The only other happening of note was when the GPAA Rep from Phoenix  was trying to cook beans in a pressure cooker in his tent  and it blew up ! Fortunately he was not in the tent !  The nugget you had dredged up out of a mud hole on the side of some ranch road I bought it from you and still have it even though it is slightly melted Those were the good old days, I understand now that the opera house dinners require a coat and tie:) . No open containers of FIREWATER allowed.

On 5/30/2020 at 1:01 AM, Gilaoro said:

They all got old and retired like me and you!  Do you remember when they were having an outing or whatever they called it back then and the guy came up with one of those long range gold finders and I told him I would buy one on the spot if he could prove it right now and it would only have to work to about 50 feet. He was held in the old out house while I hid my 1 LB silver bar and your 1/4 oz nugget you had found about 25 feet out into the cactus alongside the road. We let him out and told him to find it but he had to use his machine and could  not walk around and "Eye"hunt but could turn around and point to the location and tell how far it was. He failed of course and got so mad at the bystanders that he packed up and left. The only other happening of note was when the GPAA Rep from Phoenix  was trying to cook beans in a pressure cooker in his tent  and it blew up ! Fortunately he was not in the tent !  The nugget you had dredged up out of a mud hole on the side of some ranch road I bought it from you and still have it even though it is slightly melted Those were the good old days, I understand now that the opera house dinners require a coat and tie:) . No open containers of FIREWATER allowed.

Those were some great times back then. Met lots of people with similar interests, something that never would have happened had I just stayed in Missouri.

I don't know how many people showed up at Rich Hill with those electroscopes or other LRL's. At first I thought it was kind of funny but a lot of people brought one thinking they were going to get rich. Some people probably spent their life savings of those worthless pieces of crap only to find out they had no chance of working. That's the sad part but those ads do sound pretty convincing. You know the adage about a sucker born every minute.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Were any of you around when Drisco was running the 24 K club at Devils nest ??? Mike C...:200:

Mike, I don't remember that name. I was only a member for 2 outing's with a push, dropped out after that! Morlock might know? he was a caretaker there at one time .  All  I know is that it changed hands often.

• Thanks 1