Nugget Shooter Forums

Glock mod22 gen4, .40 S&W

Excellent condition, 2nd owner, low round count not a refurbished cop duty gun. Comes with 1-15rd and 1-22rd mag.1 box ammo, nylon holster, original box and bore brush.  $450obo0522201814.jpg

On 5/23/2020 at 8:08 PM, Edge said:

Excellent condition, 2nd owner, low round count not a refurbished cop duty gun. Comes with 1-15rd and 1-22rd mag.1 box ammo, nylon holster, original box and bore brush.  $450obo0522201814.jpg

Sold

Tim,

Are you sure you didn't sell your 40 a bit prematurely?

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, BMc said:

Tim,

Are you sure you didn't sell your 40 a bit prematurely?

Maybe he upgraded to a Sig?  :brows:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Upgraded to a 10mm

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Edge said:

Upgraded to a 10mm

Out of the frying pan into the fire . . . :)

2 hours ago, Edge said:

Upgraded to a 10mm

The 10 is a lot of gun. 

What make of weapon?

Mine was a stainless Colt Delta Elite. Factory loads were too much recoil for me to shoot well. And it was hard on brass which made reloading a pain. But it would sure toss a bowling pin in the air if you hit it right. A real thumper for a semi auto handgun. 

It is safer to carry than a .40. The ammo is not so sensitive to dropping or being rechambered. Lots of guys have learned the hard way about .40 ammo. The 10 has no problem with rounds that have been rolling around in the console of the truck or being ejected and rechambered a few times. So I think the 10mm round itself is a lot better suited to combat or a carry gun than the .40.

3 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

The 10 is a lot of gun. 

What make of weapon?

Mine was a stainless Colt Delta Elite. Factory loads were too much recoil for me to shoot well. And it was hard on brass which made reloading a pain. But it would sure toss a bowling pin in the air if you hit it right. A real thumper for a semi auto handgun. 

It is safer to carry than a .40. The ammo is not so sensitive to dropping or being rechambered. Lots of guys have learned the hard way about .40 ammo. The 10 has no problem with rounds that have been rolling around in the console of the truck or being ejected and rechambered a few times. So I think the 10mm round itself is a lot better suited to combat or a carry gun than the .40.

Hey Bob

G29 Glock with aftermarket Wolf spring and guide. Came with 2 -10 round mags and a 15. Got a shoulder rig, pistol under left arm and 2 mags under the right made for a nice balance. Wore the rig yesterday out elk scouting on pony last nite, forgot I was wearing it.

Ammo isn't cheap but I don't shoot thousands of rounds any more.

• Like 1

Pretty sweet trigger

The Glock is a good carry gun. I sure like the way they feel. They are a lot more "ergonomic" than the 1911 Colts and probably make the recoil less of an issue.

15 rounds of 10mm is a lot of medicine. You could put a semi truck down with six or eight and still go moose hunting with rounds to spare.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Edge said:

Hey Bob

G29 Glock with aftermarket Wolf spring and guide. Came with 2 -10 round mags and a 15. Got a shoulder rig, pistol under left arm and 2 mags under the right made for a nice balance. Wore the rig yesterday out elk scouting on pony last nite, forgot I was wearing it.

Ammo isn't cheap but I don't shoot thousands of rounds any more.

Won't it make the Elk meat too blood shot?

3 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

The Glock is a good carry gun. I sure like the way they feel. They are a lot more "ergonomic" than the 1911 Colts and probably make the recoil less of an issue.

15 rounds of 10mm is a lot of medicine. You could put a semi truck down with six or eight and still go moose hunting with rounds to spare.

Yeah I had a 1911 built in '43, was my pride. But I couldn't hit a thing with it and it took a lot of care to keep in primo shape. Wasn't suitable for my activities.

Went with a Ruger SP101 and loved it but 5 shot capacity ain't my bag, baby.

• Like 1
Just now, BMc said:

Won't it make the Elk meat too blood shot?

Head shots

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Edge said:

Pretty sweet trigger

A "sweet trigger"? On a Glock?

Come on man. Don't even say that. It's just wrong on so many levels.

Glock triggers go off like a can of biscuits.

:)

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

A "sweet trigger"? On a Glock?

Come on man. Don't even say that. It's just wrong on so many levels.

Glock triggers go off like a can of biscuits.

:)

Hey I've been carrying a Keltec, so yeah, sweet

Edited by Edge
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Edge said:

Hey I've been carrying a Keltec, so yeah, sweet

I'm just giving you a hard time. Revolver guys have to do that. :4chsmu1:

The Glock is not really semi-auto. It gets that hammer spring drawn back about 3/4 the way and you do the rest with the trigger.

That takes some serious getting used to. It works just fine but it takes a lot of rounds to get a good feel for it. 

It is a good combat design that requires no safety. Like a double action revolver. Only with less travel than a revolver. And that is cool.

I like shooting the Glock just as much as I like griping about their trigger. So Glocks are great as far as I am concerned. 

7 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I'm just giving you a hard time. Revolver guys have to do that. :4chsmu1:

The Glock is not really semi-auto. It gets that hammer spring drawn back about 3/4 the way and you do the rest with the trigger.

That takes some serious getting used to. It works just fine but it takes a lot of rounds to get a good feel for it. 

It is a good combat design that requires no safety. Like a double action revolver. Only with less travel than a revolver. And that is cool.

I like shooting the Glock just as much as I like griping about their trigger. So Glocks are great as far as I am concerned. 

When I read the ballistics on the round, I knew it was for me. 

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/olivianiland/4-year-old-shot-head-indiana-play-wrestling-with-dad

• Sad 1

The Glock must be carried in a holster. Period. It is not safe unless it is holstered.

Lots of ladies get shot carrying them bare in a purse. And guys get shot carrying them bare in their belt. Even more get shot holstering them with a finger inside the trigger guard.

The design of these guns require discipline in handling. Many shooters are completely oblivious. Very few training classes even touch on this. Even in police training it is often absent.

Knowing the function of the weapon and the implications of a gun that has no safety feature is big. Almost every accidental discharge with a Glock is because it was not holstered or was holstered improperly. 

The number one cause of accidental discharge by cops is holstering a Glock. Either with a finger inside the trigger guard or equipment (zip ties) on the belt interfering. 

They are safe weapons but require a level of practice and discipline that most are unwilling or unable to achieve. Glocks are accidents waiting to happen if the owner does not realize the pitfalls and develop discipline through proper training. Very few gun owners train at all and most training omits the peculiarities of safely carrying this particular style of weapon.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

Oh Hell yes.

I have had several Glocks, gotta find that sweet spot thru practice.

Now I'll need extra antiperspirant carrying it in my armpit, thanks bro.

I figure there's several safeties. 

1. Trigger safety

2. My finger, which is connected to a steel trap like brain (when not lubricated by copious amounts of alcohol, sleep deprivation or Antifa).

3.The option to carry in condition 3 verse condition 1. 

Great discussion, Bob

Edited by Edge

Now let's hear you perspective on firing .40s thru it. Besides the obvious wrong ammo argument. Lol

I belong to a Glock forum, members claim to have shot cases of 40s thru the Glock 10mm without issues.

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Now let's hear you perspective on firing .40s thru it. Besides the obvious wrong ammo argument. Lol

I belong to a Glock forum, members claim to have shot cases of 40s thru the Glock 10mm without issues.

I have fired a couple thru mine. They will go bang. I didn't notice they were 40 until I picked up the cases off the ground.

A semi auto headspaces with case length. Too short is not a huge deal. Too long and you fire out of battery. A Glock WILL fire out of battery. And in some they have an unsupported chamber. That is a dangerous situation 

So while a .40 might fire and even cycle there are some safety issues. Not to mention the bullet is just too small to properly engage the rifling. 

I darn sure would not reload a .40 case that had been fired in a 10mm. It is liable to be too long. I case gauge every round I load so that would probably weed out any problems. But most guys don't do that. So long brass is a definite possibility.

It is easy to mix that ammo up. And since .40 is much more common than 10 it happens often. But I would not take any advice from someone who claims to have purposely fired multiple rounds of .40 in a 10mm. And I darn sure would not try to reload range brass for ANY semi-auto pistol without case gauging every single one.

A .40 works at a lot higher pressure than a 10mm. And the internal capacity is super critical. Even a few thousandth seating depth change will cause an overpressure. So running that stuff in a weapon designed for a 10mm is not a wise idea.

• Like 1