Nugget Shooter Forums

Since I have not been out much lately

I decided to post this!
Along with finding gold detecting, I do find other treasures out in the Az. desert. A 350 dollar Garmin that I use all the time now, old flip phone, lots of mining relics (usually dug up) A rectangular steel door with latches on it and a data plate that was riveted to it at one time. Even found part of a human skull and had to take Peoria detectives back to the spot to investigate. 6 Mon. later they said they were able to ID the person.....hopefully it gave some body closure on their missing loved one. Anyone want to guess what the door and data plate are from? I know....will tell in a few days 1f642.png Enjoy!

Lets see what other "cool finds" you guys get?

SAM_3260.JPG

SAM_3262.JPG

SAM_3264.JPG

SAM_3265.JPG

SAM_3266.JPG

• Like 12
  • wow 1

What do I get for guessing right?  :4chsmu1:

Old Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice B-17 ball turret door. That’s a rare find!

• Like 4
  • well done 1

Good stuff Tom.   :thumbsupanim

Here's my 'coolest' find from the last several months.

It was just laying there in the sand...     

Found the nuggets on the same day.   Good times.  :)

20200511_091504.jpg

20200511_091528.jpg

• Like 10
  • well done 1
1 hour ago, Desertpilot said:

Nice B-17 ball turret door. That’s a rare find!

Correct! or a B-24. 

Tom H.

• Like 3

TOM H!  Now you have done it !  OPENED the door.  I have boxes of stuff that I have found like that . Some I know what they are and some no one has ever been able to ID. I will post some of them. Bottles are easy if the bottom and any embossing are shown. I would have never guessed the door and plate. The phone and the GPS well they would be missed but easily replaced ,  the brass bulldog head ?  Someone is hurting losing that !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Max. That is actually a door knocker for when the wife wants to talk to me and im making so much noise I cant hear her :)

Tom H.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tom

Thanks for sharing and that is a great idea of a way to display you collecting. I'm curious about the orientation of the horse shoes? I was always told that that if you don't hang then with the ends up, your luck will fall out. 

1 hour ago, fishing8046 said:

Tom

Thanks for sharing and that is a great idea of a way to display you collecting. I'm curious about the orientation of the horse shoes? I was always told that that if you don't hang then with the ends up, your luck will fall out. 

I never really thought about it. I just hung them up in a screw. Never really noticed anything different happening....just normal life. :) 

Tom H. 

6 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

Tom

What  kind of luck falls out, good or bad?  :D

Old Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • well done 2
Posted (edited)

Tom H,

Some pretty cool stuff collected over the years, especially the bomber door... Were you ever able to get the GPS to work again, could have someones secret gold areas....:)      Thanks for sharing....

Dave

Edited by DolanDave
29 minutes ago, DolanDave said:

Tom H,

Some pretty cool stuff collected over the years, especially the bomber door... Were you ever able to get the GPS to work again, could have someones secret gold areas....:)      Thanks for sharing....

Dave

I looked at all the saved places thinking they may have their home in it...but it looked like just Way points on motorcycle trails in the area. It works good. I use it every time I go out. Has too many features as I just use it to mark spots. :)
Tom H.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 8:36 PM, DolanDave said:

Tom H,

Dave

Dave,

I'll claim the GPS as mine.  I just can't remember where and when I lost it.

Mitchel

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Dave,

I'll claim the GPS as mine.  I just can't remember where and when I lost it.

Mitchel

Heck, you cant even remember my name! :)
Tom H.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
25 minutes ago, TomH said:

Heck, you cant even remember my name! :)
Tom H.

I was telling DAVE that I would claim YOUR Gps.  haha

• Haha 1