Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Cage said:

 

IMG_20200508_165327.jpg

Cage the topic you posted this in is for information on research, etc. for meteorites and not for posting a suspected meteorite find, I have moved your posts into it's own topic.

The title is "Think I found Martian impact", please post any further post in this topic or start another topic and not the original topic you posted in.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was from Uranus, he probably wouldn't have picked it up.  :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got the formula to make authentic Martian slag meteorites. 

The ingredients make the rock. You need to have a highly specialized blend containing augite calcium, phosphate, iron disulfide, coarse orthopyroxene, Mg-bearing ilmenite, and a few other specialized ingredients. As always such a specialty blend can be obtained from my key supplier Jamalito Enterprises, a Nairobi, Kenyan based firm.

If you want me to whip up a batch I could do so.

Buyer beware there are a lot of cheap fakes out there.

Cheers! 

billpeters

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

If it was from Uranus, he probably wouldn't have picked it up.  :D

Sho' is cold  . . .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BMc said:

Sho' is cold  . . .

Yeah, really....

Uranus' planetary atmosphere, with a minimum temperature of 49K (-224.2 degrees Celsius) makes it even colder than Neptune in some places.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/uranus/in-depth/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Asteroids from Uranus supply the Klingons with raw materials needed for their survival.

So that's where they go when I flush... gives a whole new perspective to clingons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, clay said:

So that's where they go...

The asteroids  from Uranus (that escape the Klingons grasp ) probably are sucked up by the black hole in the Kuiper Belt beyond Neptune.

https://www.businessinsider.com/astrophysicists-found-black-hole-in-solar-system-planet-2019-11

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2020 at 12:33 PM, Cage said:

IMG_20200508_165327.jpg

That's actually a meteorite from a planet called Covid19. Billions of years ago in another galaxy, a huge astroid struck Covid19 and sent pieces towards our solar system. Unfortunately earth was in the way and pieces landed in Wuhan, 'China and a few other places worldwide. This is a true story.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2020 at 12:53 PM, LukeJ said:

Yeah, really....

Uranus' planetary atmosphere, with a minimum temperature of 49K (-224.2 degrees Celsius) makes it even colder than Neptune in some places.

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/uranus/in-depth/

It is obviously melted. It must have come from a warm spot on Uranus.

:laught16:

Sorry Luke. I just had to....

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It is obviously melted. It must have come from a warm spot on Uranus.

:laught16:

Sorry Luke. I just had to....

From the Hatch Mare, obviously:tisk-tisk:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Morlock said:

That's actually a meteorite from a planet called Covid19. Billions of years ago in another galaxy, a huge astroid struck Covid19 and sent pieces towards our solar system. Unfortunately earth was in the way and pieces landed in Wuhan, 'China and a few other places worldwide. This is a true story.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well that sure explains a lot of things I've been wondering about. Things are really becoming much clearer now. Thanks! :yesss:

Just one more thing. Is it true they fed Mr. Ed peanut butter to get him to look like he was a talking horse? I've heard another theory that Wilbur was actually a Russian Commie spy that had trained Mr. Edski to speak Russian. That's why it looks like the talking horse is lip syncing because they had to dub in the English for TV.

...or it could be the peanut butter.

Astroid spray huh? Who'd a thunk it? What's the social distancing recommendation for planet killing astroid meteorite spray? Wasn't Astroid originally the dog on the Jetsons? Oh right - it was Astro. Astroid was the daughter of Mr. Cogswell the owner of Cogswell's Cosmic Cogs. That was in the future but do you think they named Astroids after Mr. Cogswell's daughter?

Just curious.

I love science.

  • Like 1
  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Morlock said:

That's actually a meteorite from a planet called Covid19. Billions of years ago in another galaxy, a huge astroid struck Covid19 and sent pieces towards our solar system. Unfortunately earth was in the way and pieces landed in Wuhan, 'China and a few other places worldwide. This is a true story.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

 

14 hours ago, clay said:

Well that sure explains a lot of things I've been wondering about. Things are really becoming much clearer now. Thanks! :yesss:

Just one more thing. Is it true they fed Mr. Ed peanut butter to get him to look like he was a talking horse? I've heard another theory that Wilbur was actually a Russian Commie spy that had trained Mr. Edski to speak Russian. That's why it looks like the talking horse is lip syncing because they had to dub in the English for TV.

...or it could be the peanut butter.

Astroid spray huh? Who'd a thunk it? What's the social distancing recommendation for planet killing astroid meteorite spray? Wasn't Astroid originally the dog on the Jetsons? Oh right - it was Astro. Astroid was the daughter of Mr. Cogswell the owner of Cogswell's Cosmic Cogs. That was in the future but do you think they named Astroids after Mr. Cogswell's daughter?

Just curious.

I love science.

I think both of us have too much time on our hands.:rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Morlock said:

 

I think both of us have too much time on our hands.:rolleyes:

Actually I'm busier than I ever have been. My workload has nearly doubled in the last two months. The mining industry is booming. Miners are a critical industry and metal prices are rising. It's a good time to be in the mining business.

Sometimes a guy just needs a silly break from all the serious stuff. When I have time I check out the meteorite forum for a few chuckles.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...