Nugget Shooter Forums

Detecting Gold Silver Outskirts of Goldfield NV.

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone...

Myself and a buddy Chris (bsumbdy) got out to an area on the outskirts of Goldfield Nevada last weekend. Had a blast, we found a few things to take back home.... Chris ended up getting 8 grams of gold nuggets, I found the old 1893 silver lined World Fair Spoon, and the 1902 -S- Barber Silver quarter. Also brought home a dinosaur for the backyard, named him Godzilla.. :)  We were able to get a little higher up in the hills to get away from the 100 degree heat from down below.... We brought back some ore that sounded off on the detectors, but need to crush and see whats inside.

Take Care everyone, and see ya in the field...

Dave.

smallChrisNuggets.jpgsmallDave1902Quarter.jpgsmallDaveSpoon.jpgsmallCollared Lizard.jpg

Edited by DolanDave
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2
  • well done 4
  • wow 1

Good on Ya Dave : That whole area is so fascinating. I thought about moving there in my Full time RVing days.  I  always  asked  to detect  and was successful most of the time.  It pays to get around and meet some of the locals. The only reason I did not get a place there is that it gets so cold in the winter and I liked a warm winter area. Very cool items you guys found. I found a super old carbide lamp one time just sitting on top of the ground.

• Thanks 1

Very nice finds....   Nuggets, coins, relics, nature....  :thumbsupanim

Congrats to the finders !!

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gilaoro said:

Good on Ya Dave : That whole area is so fascinating. I thought about moving there in my Full time RVing days.  I  always  asked  to detect  and was successful most of the time.  It pays to get around and meet some of the locals. The only reason I did not get a place there is that it gets so cold in the winter and I liked a warm winter area. Very cool items you guys found. I found a super old carbide lamp one time just sitting on top of the ground.

Thank you Max, LukeJ,

I agree it does get cold there in the winter... That would be neat to find a lamp.... There is tons of ground out there to explore....

Dave

Edited by DolanDave
  • Like 2

That post made me sad  :barnie:, that I didn't stop for a few day's on my 1st RV trip south this past fall, will not make same mistake twice !!!! Nice Find's !!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Great finds. Congrats. I had thought about stopping there but never did. Very interesting old historic mining district.

A few treasure stories about that area as well.

• Like 2

Did you guys get to drive on the re-routed road near Goldfield i heard about? Either way good finds guys :thumbsupanim 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, hardtimehermit said:

Did you guys get to drive on the re-routed road near Goldfield i heard about? Either way good finds guys :thumbsupanim 

Hardtime,

Thank you, no we turned off just before getting to Goldfield. I bet the mining companies are gonna get a lot of gold where that road use to go through, would love to see some of those specimens. If you or anyone else get a chance when in Goldfield, talk to Jon Aurich in Goldfield. He runs the Goldfield Historical Society, his gold specimens are out of this world, along with the artifacts...

Dave

Edited by DolanDave
  • Like 4

That's some really nice gold and artifacts.

I hunted that old road and some of the old subdivision there years ago.  I guess I just didn't know where to look.  There was a lot of trash where all the building once were.  You had to avoid the big potholes in the old road.

On another trip between Goldfield and Tonopah there is a mineral area that is marked with a sign.  It was or is an area where there are large pieces of agate (not fire) but they would make a lot of cabs out of it. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, mn90403 said:

That's some really nice gold and artifacts.

Thank you...

There is a lot of places on the outskirts, hills, mountains, of Beatty,  Goldfield, Tonopah Nevada. Tons of old mines, trash, artifacts, gold, ect.

• Like 1

Dave did you ever hunt the Bullfrog District?  Here there's been good gold there...Cheers, Unc

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Uncle Ron said:

Dave did you ever hunt the Bullfrog District?  Here there's been good gold there...Cheers, Unc

Ron,

Ive been out there one time and skunked. Some of the good areas that have float gold are claimed up. If I ever do, Ill post it....

Dave

• Like 1
2 hours ago, adam said:

That gold is so sexy !!  Thanks for sharing the awesome finds Dave !

Adam... it sure is !!!! :brows: , me and Chris call it hybrid gold. In between regular looking gold and the Rye Patch chevron gold....

Dave

• Like 1

Hey Dave, thanks for another great trip!! Your videos are getting better and better!! Hopefully next time we'll find a patch with no trash so we can video some digs too. Sometime today I'll take some close ups of some of the nuggets to show the crystalline shapes. 

Chris 

• Like 1

Couple of close-ups of the nuggets. The ones Dave found last year nearby were very "chevrony"

IMG_2020-05-14_14-00-58.jpg

IMG_2020-05-14_13-58-54.jpg

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, bsumbdy said:

Couple of close-ups of the nuggets. The ones Dave found last year nearby were very "chevrony"

IMG_2020-05-14_14-00-58.jpg

IMG_2020-05-14_13-58-54.jpg

Can't imagine why . . .:rolleyes:

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Morlock said:

Watch out for those lizards. They just might eat you for lunch.:rolleyes:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/us/georgia-invasive-lizard-trnd/index.html

I live on the South Carolina coast about 75 miles east/northeast of where these lizards are, I hope they don't decide they want to live/move to the beach!! :yikes:

That being said they probably taste like chicken, so if they do move over here they might be.."what's for supper"!! :brows:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 5/14/2020 at 6:51 PM, Au Seeker said:

I live on the South Carolina coast about 75 miles east/northeast of where these lizards are, I hope they don't decide they want to live/move to the beach!! :yikes:

That being said they probably taste like chicken, so if they do move over here they might be.."what's for supper"!! :brows:

It seems like everything tastes like chicken these days. Maybe it's another side effect of the coronavirus.🙄

• Haha 2