Nugget Shooter Forums
AnitaS

Looking to join a Prospecting Club.

I am a beginner and want to join a club.  I live in Yuma, Arizona and would like to stay as local as I can.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!    

Posted (edited)

Here are some people dry washing next to the Yuma Proving Grounds. Had to take road across from the Big Guns, go past the tank crossing signs to other side. Think south from there. See anyone prospecting, they would know.  Power lines through an area where they used to prospect, maybe still can.

gldmnrs1X-sml.jpg

Edited by Red_desert
  • Like 1

the closet club that i know of is the quartzsite metal detecting club , the Roadrunnerprospectors club out of phoenix  has club claims all over the state .but may be someone local will chime in with more info  for you .

• Like 1

This is probably the POTHOLES area . The SPMA of San Diego has claims in that area. Stay off the western side where there are also some power lines , the  Indian Reservation borders that area and sometimes is not marked but it is watched!

• Like 1

thanks all... the info is very helpful. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, the Southwestern Prospectors & Miners Association (  http://www.spma-gold.org/pages/join.html )  is likely your best bet. They certainly did , and still may have several claims in the Potholes district. If I recall they used to have an outing there every November.....

Edited by adam
  • Like 2