Nugget Shooter Forums

One of the best history and picture sites on AZ

The link is to the site  http://www.apcrp.org/index.htm  If you go there and follow the various links you will learn more about Arizona Mines and Mining and see more early pictures than you will believe. It all so  includes the complete book " A Light House in the Desert". 

Maybe that this has been posted before somewhere on the Nugget Shooter forums , anyway here is is again and it will give you something to read about other people living through hard times. I have personally traveled to all most all of the AZ locations.

Max

Edited by Gilaoro
ADDED Clarification
  • Like 4

COOL ,  Terry! I never met them but have corresponded with the organization . The last time I made the San Domingo Wash trip to show some people the Anderson Mill the graves were still marked . The mill has been severely vandalized since I first saw it in 1982. It was not easy to access back then  even with the Geo  Tracker I had back then but I always carried about 8 -5 gallon buckets , I could fill them all in the back and back up any wash track.  The Vulture Mine area has also been changed a lot. Those 4 X 4  trips are over for me I use a walker to get around and traded my last  4 X 4  in on a van about 5 years ago.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gilaoro said:

COOL ,  Terry! I never met them but have corresponded with the organization . The last time I made the San Domingo Wash trip to show some people the Anderson Mill the graves were still marked . The mill has been severely vandalized since I first saw it in 1982. It was not easy to access back then  even with the Geo  Tracker I had back then but I always carried about 8 -5 gallon buckets , I could fill them all in the back and back up any wash track.  The Vulture Mine area has also been changed a lot. Those 4 X 4  trips are over for me I use a walker to get around and traded my last  4 X 4  in on a van about 5 years ago.

Gilaoro, I was just up there in late Feb of this year and everything at the grave sites were still like they always were. People seemed to be respectful of the area. Interesting hand dug well and former home site.

• Like 1