Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello all, hopefully your staying safe and healthy out there. Well we just got back from 3 days of camping and detecting. No nugget hunting this time, just coins and relics. Man did we hit it hard too!! This is one of our best coin and jewelry hunts we have ever had though. I found a all time record coins for me totalling 3 Indian Head  pennies in amazing condition and a 1866 shield nickel, which is a first for me also. The dates on my 3 pennies are 1882, 1889 and 1890. The nickle is very wore out but you can see the rays between the stars and the 6 as the last number for the date. My oldest son found a 1890 Indian Head penny in amazing shape and a nice Chinese coin. My little guy found his first Chinese coin and skeleton key and some cool buttons. I also found a 14 karat gold pendant down about a foot and some of the coolest decorative buttons i have ever found. Also some really cool cuff links with dates on them from the 1860's. This was a really fun trip with 3 completely wore out shoulders and elbows haha. Take care everyone and stay safe.

20200427_114827.jpg

20200427_115635.jpg

20200427_114855.jpg

20200426_073606.jpg

20200427_115122.jpg

• Like 5
  • well done 4

Wow man....  :droolin:

Nice work, WTG, all of the above....

:)

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Wow man....  :droolin:

Nice work, WTG, all of the above....

:)

Thanks Luke. That gold broach thing had me really curious to check out at home. It wouldn't pass the 18k test but the 14k test it passed with no problems at all. All in all, it was a blast!!!

• Like 1

Wow Dan. :thumbsupanim  Are those from you know where? Great finds.. Can you post a close up of the brooch?

Looks like you're going to have a nice summer.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Morlock said:

Wow Dan. :thumbsupanim  Are those from you know where? Great finds.. Can you post a close up of the brooch?

Here ya go. Looks like it had some sort of picture in the middle of it and unfortunately the pin and keeper are broke off of the back.

20200427_151411.jpg

20200427_153129.jpg

20200427_152229.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Morlock said:

Here ya go. Looks like it had some sort of picture in the middle of it and unfortunately the pin and keeper are broke off of the back.

20200427_151411.jpg

20200427_153129.jpg

20200427_152229.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WOW ! Super finds that broach will be worth some !  I like the old buttons and Indian Heads too !

• Thanks 1