Nugget Shooter Forums

Blah..100 is nice here. :) Makes me laugh when Az. gives an excessive heat warning at 100F. Really?    

That should be reserved for 115 in my book. But, I grew up here and I guess im just used to it coming every year at this time. 

Just do more work inside. 
Tom H.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

100° F in those hot humid climates is intolerable.  Here in AZ, not too bad.  The dry heat does make a difference.

• Like 1

Well luckily for the heat tollerant nugget hunters out there, you wont find me and my detector out in anything above 80 degrees.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
22 minutes ago, adam said:

Well luckily for the heat tolerant nugget hunters out there, you wont find me and my detector out in anything above 80 degrees.....

That's a good thing up to a point Adam, but the problem is, some of us on the forum were hoping that you would continue to bring home the type of gold that we have become accustomed to seeing, which helps keep those excellent and inspiring posts, photos etc, coming. Otherwise, members might get bored and start thinking about new topics that would tend to diminish the forum content and the emphasis on gold. :)

It has been nice here in New Mexico. I haven't had a fire in about three weeks but it is still chilly in the mornings.

Today was the first warm day. About 85 or so. It is going to get hot fast and all at once like usual. Those chilly mornings will be missed 

Yeah, funny that's kind of like here too. It was warmish for awhile but today it got hot, just out of nowhere. Tomorrow it's going to be a little cooler but Summer's on its way. I'm sneaking out tomorrow to the paradise of social distancing, the desert.

3 hours ago, adam said:

Well luckily for the heat tollerant nugget hunters out there, you wont find me and my detector out in anything above 80 degrees.....

You mean 80 Celsius, right? . :)
Tom H.

• Haha 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1
8 hours ago, TomH said:

You mean 80 Celsius, right? . :)
Tom H.

Ok , you caught on to my BS .....The worst though, is when that humidity kicks in around July....Then its game over for me 

• Like 1

Was able to get out yesterday in the 65-degree heat, and hunt for about 45-minutes while the wife hiked a wooded trail. Got a silver thimble and a piece of a bronze cooking pot from the Colonial period. Pretty "cool."

2.JPG

3.JPG

5.JPG

4.JPG

• Like 2

I got a couple of thimbles in the past but why are they always crushed?  Good job Terry.

Old Tom 

• Like 1