Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

Need a new Forum section

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, matt said:

The usual suspects? You are the only usual suspect. And that's usually being rude and disrespectful to anybody that has a differing opinion to yours. There's nobody petting anybody behind the ears for anything. The only people to respond to the above post are you and FlakMagnet. Why not  stop posting hate and start posting something positive? Who gives a crap about this new guy's post? Do you get out and do any prospecting? I would like to hear about it!

The only reason I visit this forum is to read about people prospecting because I don't have time do get out. My kids are at the age that my time is spent raising them and keeping them involved in sports, school, and being kind to others regardless of their political beliefs. I wish we could go out prospecting all the time. Yes, I want them to love what I love, but won't force it on them. So until they are away at college, reading this forum to keep connected to the hobby is all there is. I wish I could post about my recent adventures, but unfortunately that will have to wait a few more years. I found a lot of gold before I had kids and I will find a lot of gold once they are out the of house on their own. The attached picture is some of the gold I found with the gpx4500. That was a killer machine, especially with the 9x14 elliptical coil! At least one of the nuggets in the picture is in an article I wrote for the ICMJ several years ago.

Good luck, be safe, and take care...

 

IMG_2004.jpg

Matt, please post photo of your armored car . . . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  In politics people may believe they care about specific policies or making the world a better place but generally are bored by policy detail and ignore accurate information that challenges their world view. The main stream media, web based news sources, all play the part in spreading deliberate disinformation and hoaxes that the masses feed on. Sensationalism sells...I challenge any of the forum members to watch English versions of news broadcast from other nations. Yeah, yeah.. :ROFL:.I can all ready hear some of you think ..sure foreign news sources all fake news...lol. Give it a try...go on YouTube and watch yes I am going to say it Al Jazzerra , DW from Germany or any other English language  based news coming from anywhere other then this country. You will observe real news, you will also learn a bit about the rest of the world and their cultures and life. I call it intelligent news...for the thinking brain , not the sheeple we all have become watching CNN ,MSNBC or FOX. Each of them stuck on their own narrative that fits their politics. Mouth pieces for their party void of respect for the citizens. Anyways....peace to all. Funny thing is, these talking heads on tv..all millionaires...living the life and we the struggling , divided and fighting. hey maybe that's whats its all about. :89: 

I like gold, pictures of gold, and best of all the search of gold. Hope you all get out and start swinging that detector. 

 

 

 

spreading news consisting of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

So after a total of 4 posts you have decided to post this? Not a promising start tempted.

A star is born!

  • well done 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

A star is born!

We did not know you were having a baby! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Relichunter2016 said:

  In politics people may believe they care about specific policies or making the world a better place but generally are bored by policy detail and ignore accurate information that challenges their world view. The main stream media, web based news sources, all play the part in spreading deliberate disinformation and hoaxes that the masses feed on. Sensationalism sells...I challenge any of the forum members to watch English versions of news broadcast from other nations. Yeah, yeah.. :ROFL:.I can all ready hear some of you think ..sure foreign news sources all fake news...lol. Give it a try...go on YouTube and watch yes I am going to say it Al Jazzerra , DW from Germany or any other English language  based news coming from anywhere other then this country. You will observe real news, you will also learn a bit about the rest of the world and their cultures and life. I call it intelligent news...for the thinking brain , not the sheeple we all have become watching CNN ,MSNBC or FOX. Each of them stuck on their own narrative that fits their politics. Mouth pieces for their party void of respect for the citizens. Anyways....peace to all. Funny thing is, these talking heads on tv..all millionaires...living the life and we the struggling , divided and fighting. hey maybe that's whats its all about. :89: 

I like gold, pictures of gold, and best of all the search of gold. Hope you all get out and start swinging that detector. 

 

 

 

spreading news consisting of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread

I've been watching BBC and DW for years.  Perhaps that's why my viewpoint sounds so foreign to some.

I've got no time for the 'big three' you listed.  Unless I want to watch a comedy show.

I'm curious to know what other 'channels' some of you guys consume.  Especially those who continually demonize the MSM.

 

BTW, Nice gold Matt !!  Do you keep all of that at your house?  Where do you live?   :4chsmu1:

Take care everyone.

Luke

 

Edited by LukeJ
forgot to comment on the gold
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

So after a total of 4 posts you have decided to post this? Not a promising start tempted.

Not meant to start any fires, just posting simple truths.

When you hear someone completely degrade Trump it's beyond obvious that person is short on facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tempted said:

Not meant to start any fires, just posting simple truths.

When you hear someone completely degrade Trump it's beyond obvious that person is short on facts.

Depends on where you get your “facts” from I guess. There are a whole lot of “facts” being thrown around lately.... 

we even argue about them! 

I thought a fact was unchangeable, proven, not disputable, and concrete? If we don’t agree on the “facts” then there isn’t much point in discussing things. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Tempted said:

Not meant to start any fires, just posting simple truths.

When you hear someone completely degrade Trump it's beyond obvious that person is short on facts.

One might even say that when you hear someone fail to hold him accountable, then their credibility in all subjects is suspect.

Edited by LukeJ
changed a word for greater clarity
  • well done 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, matt said:

 

Maybe Bill should start a forum for politics just for you guys. I posted a picture of some righteous gold and neither of you like it...

It may sound crazy but that is exactly the topic of this discussion!

:25r30wi:

The gold is great Matt. Good job!

I do like it. I'll go back and click on the "like" button to prove it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It may sound crazy but that is exactly the topic of this discussion!

:25r30wi:

The gold is great Matt. Good job!

I do like it. I'll go back and click on the "like" button to prove it. 

Is there a like button we can click, to show Bob that we like, the like button that Bob clicked?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im not going to post the nuggets I have found Matt. 

I can assure you that you are much happier with the notion that you are a much more experienced and successful prospector than I am. And your happiness is more important to me right now than crushing your dreams to prove a point.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caliche Chris said:

Depends on where you get your “facts” from I guess. There are a whole lot of “facts” being thrown around lately.... 

we even argue about them! 

I thought a fact was unchangeable, proven, not disputable, and concrete? If we don’t agree on the “facts” then there isn’t much point in discussing things. 

I think that's what Tempted basically said in his original post in this thread.

Here's Joe Biden (can we use his name?) talking about facts...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dakota Slim said:

I think that's what Tempted basically said in his original post in this thread.

Here's Joe Biden (can we use his name?) talking about facts...

 

Steering the conversation toward partisan politics again Slim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill has stated political posts of any kind are not permitted on Nugget Shooter forums.  Anymore and this topic will be locked. Thanks for your cooperation

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Steering the conversation toward partisan politics again Slim?

I don't think so bob. So many posts on this thread have been removed or altered that I can't keep up. I thought the conversation had turned to "facts" and in this day and age everybody has their own. I wouldn't call C-Span a biased source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Moderators!

You should spank the ones who insist on dragging the conversations into the political muck.

This is ridiculous. These guys simply cannot keep a lid on their right wing drumbeat. Post after post it is all about right wing ideology and politics. No one has ever promoted leftist views on this forum EVER. 

Stop protecting them when they refuse to abide by repeated requests. Ban their azz for a few days when they blatantly break the rules. This is crazy.

They just want to shut the thread down to keep anyone from expressing opinions they disagree with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

I don't think so bob. So many posts on this thread have been removed or altered that I can't keep up. I thought the conversation had turned to "facts" and in this day and age everybody has their own. I wouldn't call C-Span a biased source.

All you need to keep up with is "NO POLITICAL POSTS". That is simple enough for you to sort out isn't it????

You constantly post partisan crap. That is the issue here. You simply wont stop no matter how many times you are asked.

You will not allow a point of view to exist that conflicts with the right wing narrative. You need to be brought under control Slim.

  • Irritated 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

No one has ever promoted leftist views on this forum EVER. 

Not even a smidgen. :poostorm:

  • Irritated 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

I think that's what Tempted basically said in his original post in this thread.

Here's Joe Biden (can we use his name?) talking about facts...

So the 'old guy' flubbed a couple words.....   So what?   It's not like he's president or anything.

Why aren't you critical of the person who's actually in charge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Not even a smidgen. :poostorm:

I have never posted partisan views or propaganda. I am not a partisan. I am very anti-partisan. I am not sure you have the capacity to sort that out.

I disagree with our president and his handling of many things. That is not politics Slim. That is just common sense.

I disagree with all partisan politics on both sides. And I disagree with a whole lot of decisions and policy on both sides. Your issue is when I disagree with the right wing narrative. You may assume it is because I am a leftist. That would be an incorrect assumption. It is because the right wing narrative is every bit as ridiculous as the left.

Disagreeing with the obvious failures of our president is not politics nor is it partisan. Compare and contrast this with what you do. Maybe if you try really hard you can understand.

  • well done 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 7:39 AM, Au Seeker said:

This topic was created by the OP to pose a valid question/suggestion, and as such any replies that stay on topic are allowed, what is not allowed is actual political content, personal attacks and or criticism of other members and their opinions. 

So feel free to post concerning why or why not to have a Political Forum, but keep it on topic, no political opinions or political news, no off topic subject matter and no personal attacks!

The OP messaged me asking that I just delete this topic because after reading the many replies he realized why we no longer allow political content and regretted starting this topic, I told him no that this topic needed to stay if only to inform other members who haven't been on the forum as long to know exactly why there's no political content allowed!

I've have cleaned up this topic a bit to remove off-topic content as well as political content and most of the personal attacks, but I have left a small amount of such content to serve as an example of exactly why Bill and the staff here voted years ago to not allow political content any longer, I may after while restore some of those posts as more examples of why we have the rules we have, but for now the content I have removed would be just fuel on a fire that I'm trying to control.

Also I left a couple of posts where it was suggested that all members should for lack of a better word "moderate" other members and point it out when it is seen that they have violated forum rules, I'm glad that they would like to help moderate the forum....BUT that is not going to work, it will only bring about animosity from other members, you also have to be completely unbiased to moderate other members which is very hard to be for most people, so I'm stating now that if that happens the post will be deleted.

For those that would like to be a moderator,  I would suggest that they first and foremost moderate what they post and not worry so much about what someone else posted, we have several good Moderators on the staff here so we're good for now, if we have a moderating spot open up I'm sure Bill will be more than happy to consider those that have learned to first moderate themselves!

This topic is now unlocked.

 

I guess no one really read what I posted in the above quote before I unlocked this topic or they lack reading comprehension, WELL you should have read it and understood fully what it said before posting in this topic again!!

This one little paragraph says all everyone needed to know and heed before posting again in this topic...

"So feel free to post concerning why or why not to have a Political Forum, but keep it on topic, no political opinions or political news, no off topic subject matter and no personal attacks!"

Everyone of the "what not to post" have been broken since I unlocked this topic while I was asleep and at work!!

This topic is now locked again and this time it WILL NOT BE UNLOCKED AGAIN!!!

This topic is going to be "Pinned" in this forum section so from now on everyone will be able to read it and know without a doubt WHY WE DON'T ALLOW POLITICAL CONTENT!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...