Nugget Shooter Forums

In the morning with my dog in our walk (again) i found this black thing.

Is melted and soft (the main material ) and not very heavy.

No magnet attractive at all.

The streak is black. 

The photo is makro with good analysis. Any idea?

P1010001.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

Posted (edited)

I don't know if it's really something unusual, but for me to holding it in my hands and touch it is something very interesting.

I made the post because I think it is useful for further discussion.

More information after any attempt to guess what it is.

I don't think anyone will even come close to what it might be.

I have no intention of making anyone seem ignorant. I just couldn't believe it, what I finally found.

I know how hard it is to guess something just from photos.

And please download the photos first ...for more details. Thanks

P.S...it is not a meteorite , i am sure ( hhmmmm...hahhaa) but is very interisting too...

Edited by ivigo

Nice sample and great addition info about the sample!  First, this is a rock, not a mineral.  The ragged shape of the outer part of the sample is a "weathering rind"  caused by mother nature breaking down the sample.  The sample made of smaller chunks which have angles to them (not smooth, rounded shapes) "floating" in or suspended in a fine grain "matrix" (mud if you will).  This makes it a Breccia,  a rock type.  There are any types of Breccias.  Some are formed by faults, others by volcanic action others by erosion close to the source. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, 4meter said:

Nice sample and great addition info about the sample!  First, this is a rock, not a mineral.  The ragged shape of the outer part of the sample is a "weathering rind"  caused by mother nature breaking down the sample.  The sample made of smaller chunks which have angles to them (not smooth, rounded shapes) "floating" in or suspended in a fine grain "matrix" (mud if you will).  This makes it a Breccia,  a rock type.  There are any types of Breccias.  Some are formed by faults, others by volcanic action others by erosion close to the source. 

Thank you also for your reply. Very good analysis . More info later and please don't shoot me....