Nugget Shooter Forums

Can anyone tell me if this is shock melt inside this rock. From looking at countless examples on line, it appears to be. I would appriate if someone could give me their professional opinion. Thank you.

P1010037.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010033.jpg

On 4/9/2020 at 4:59 PM, Mondo said:

Can anyone tell me if this is shock melt inside this rock. From looking at countless examples on line, it appears to be. I would appriate if someone could give me their professional opinion. Thank you.

P1010037.jpg

P1010035.jpg

P1010033.jpg

If you're trying to imply this is a meteorite, it's not. I see copper mineralization in one photo.. something meteorites don't have.

Also see vesicles which the vast majority of meteorites don't have either.

Posted (edited)

I took two samples from this rock, a rice sized bit from the outer glassy skin and from the interior and sent them to a lab and the results from the xrd are as follows: from the surface...

Augite alluminium

Magnesio-ferrite

Tridymite

Inner portion:

Mostly ferroan anorthosite 

Edited by Mondo

If hes trying to find out more about Meteorites, and wondered "if" this piece's interior represented that, where else should he have posted ?
Sometimes the replies on this "Meteorite Forum" are too quick to snap an "opinion" of a "newbies" intentions , instead of hitting the question with an intelligent reply.
MHO
Hapy Huntn,  
Frank C.
AKA Dirtman , Ol Yeller and sometimes a CANTANKEROUS OL FART standing in the background "reading".

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Mondo said:

I havent implied anything, I asked a valid question.

Actually you did or wouldn't have posted it here in the meteorite section.

• Like 1
On 4/9/2020 at 2:59 PM, Mondo said:

Can anyone tell me if this is shock melt inside this rock.

No, it's not.

There, all done.

• Thanks 1

If you were my uncle and I was 9 years old, I would except an answer without an explaination. But since neither of these is true I'm going to ignore your answer. It's obvious that I'm not "allowed" to ask a question like this without somekind of agressive reaction.