Nugget Shooter Forums
afreakofnature

New Advertising on this Forum

For maybe over the last month or so the advertising on this forum has changed. I don’t mean the content I mean the way that it is displayed. I can only talk about how it’s being used on a tablet but it is really annoying.  There are drop downs or if you click on a link a pop up every now and then shows up that you have to close. The most annoying is the drop down especially when you want to go back up to the top and you click it on accident when scrolling.  I don’t know if this was done by the administrators or something the website did on it’s own but it has really discouraged me from checking this on a daily basis down to maybe like once a week. Has anybody else had this problem?

I’m having issues as well with a iPad. No issues with pc though.

• Like 1

Ditto. No issues with pc.

Yeah, it's a real drag.  I never know just where I am when scrolling down.  I didn't mind the ads when it first started but when they came as posts I got annoyed.  

Old Tim

I know Bill has had ads for a while to help pay for the cost of the forum but no staff has changed any settings for those ads to my knowledge.

I don't know what is happening since I usually only visit the forum on my PC and I have ad blockers and never see any ads at all, I will contact Forum  Support and see if they can find the issue. 

If anyone else is having the same issues please post and describe it as best you can, I will be asking the tech to visit and read this topic to get a better idea of the issues!

Hmmm...Im on a PC and I dont see any ads.

Tom H.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TomH said:

Hmmm...Im on a PC and I dont see any ads.

Tom H.

Yeah, can't see deer horns or sun bakers either.  :D 

Old Tom

Edited by Old Tom
  • Haha 1
  • Irritated 1

None on the iphone

On my phone running Chrome browser I get ad's everywhere, click on a topic and an ad takes over the whole screen.

Now viewing on Duckduckgo browser and zero ads.

I trashed Chrome.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alwaysdirty said:

On my phone running Chrome browser I get ad's everywhere, click on a topic and an ad takes over the whole screen.

Now viewing on Duckduckgo browser and zero ads.

I trashed Chrome.

Same here. 

Posted (edited)

I use safari on my ipad.  Ads inbetween every post and when you scroll there is a dropdown add at the top that stays on the screen the entire time scrolling.  That one i hate the most.  Every now and then when you click on the topic in the main page you will get a pop-up ad too. I do not think it is the browser because on the other three forms that I visit which have the same set up as this one there are none of these ads.  It has to be setting and it probably started almost 2 months ago.  Below is a pic of what i mean after i just responded to the post.

2016D89D-E85C-4E99-813F-063CC422042C.png

Edited by afreakofnature
  • wow 1

I get this on my phone with Safari, but not my iPad with Safari, and not with the desktop with edge, chrome, or explorer.

I use AdBlock Plus...don't see any ads at all...Other websites nag me to allow ads so I just exit those sites and usually can google the subject and find another way to the story without the hassles...As obnoxious as those ads are I at least hope they're paying Bill because the forever members are being harrassed apparently...not me... Cheers, Unc

I have submitted a Support Request so we'll see if the Tech can help get the ads under control, so they can only appear at the top and possibly the bottom of any page/topic, etc., and not anywhere in between the topic/replies.

Keep posting any experiences because I have given them a link to this topic so the Tech can read about any issues.

I use a Chromebook most of the time now and I don't see any ads.  The operating system updates itself every month or so just like Microsoft 10.

Mitchel

Premium members do not see ads.... Just that simple folks.

• Like 1

Ah!

• Like 1

Well I had a little conversation with Bill about the advertisements. As he posted above premium members don't see adds because they contribute $40.00 a year to help with the cost of running the forum ... which by the way the forum is not inexpensive to run. The advertisements help to defray the remaining cost of the forum. And even at that all the costs are not covered and then become costs of doing business. So now that I know that and you do also I hope we can all be tolerant of the advertisements to be able to continue to utilize what I consider to be the best forum ... members and information ... covering our mutual gold habit. Bottom line as I see it ... if you want to see the forum without adds become a premium member. That is what I am doing right now! (You can see the check I wrote below) Another way to support what Bill is doing for all of us is to support his you tube channel (Nugget Shooter Journals). And one last thing ... don't forget that Bill has a complete on line store. I know he would appreciate any business you care to give him. 

Inked20200411_152403_LI.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Premium members do not see ads.... Just that simple folks.

Bill, I tried using the  Forum App to contribute but the only option it gives me is  PAY PAL . Can I just write you a check like Mike did and mail it to you ?

Yes sir, give me user name, email, and a check to PO BOX 576 Morristown, AZ 85342 and poof the ads will be gone.... Thanks for your support my friend

• Like 2

All done Max, because I know ya mean it, cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

All done Max, because I know ya mean it, cheers

Thanks Bill,  Username GILAORO -EMAIL: gilaorox2@gmail.com. I can't say the check is in the mail but it will be Monday, We are like most hunkered down, we have enough health problems with out going out playing cow pasture pool!!

• Like 1

I wasn’t complaining about having ads just the way they are displayed has changed.  People gotta make money I get it.  

• Like 2

And POOF no more adds! :thumbsupanim Thanks Bill!

• Like 2