Nugget Shooter Forums

Old Member returning to check on old friends.

Guest Max Borden

I have been fully involved in my wifes care for a few years and my own health problems and have lost contact with all my friends except Steve Eshbaugh. I figured I had better get on here and see who is left , looks like this may get a lot of us old folks. Any one that remembers me please contact me if you wish , could not remember my old user name but found my old gold wheel and pans in my stowage yesterday and believe it or not I still have some concentrates from my Idaho days when I got over 16 ounces in the summer of 2010. Some of my 30 year collection of rocks,minerals and crystals survived my 2013 house fire just smoked up , lost some gold and learned the lesson to NEVER store gold in plastic or glass , only in tight strong metal containers. Thanks Bill for all your prior help. Max Borden

Max—Nice to hear from you again!!

Your old user name was Gilarno.  Stan is still around also.

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Max Borden said:

I have been fully involved in my wifes care for a few years and my own health problems and have lost contact with all my friends except Steve Eshbaugh. I figured I had better get on here and see who is left , looks like this may get a lot of us old folks. Any one that remembers me please contact me if you wish , could not remember my old user name but found my old gold wheel and pans in my stowage yesterday and believe it or not I still have some concentrates from my Idaho days when I got over 16 ounces in the summer of 2010. Some of my 30 year collection of rocks,minerals and crystals survived my 2013 house fire just smoked up , lost some gold and learned the lesson to NEVER store gold in plastic or glass , only in tight strong metal containers. Thanks Bill for all your prior help. Max Borden

31 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Max—Nice to hear from you again!!

Your old user name was Gilarno.  Stan is still around also.

Max,

Welcome back to the forum!

Chrisski is close, your old user's name is Gilaoro, here's a link to that profile...

https://nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/profile/7251-gilaoro/

If you can't remember your password let me know here in this topic and I'll reset it and send you a PM with a new password.

Welcome back :thumbsupanim Mike C...:200:

WOW! Now there's an old name drug up from the past! WELCOME BACK GILAORO! Good to hear from you Max. Stick around. Us old timers are getting fewer but we can still rally and beat the youngsters! :old:Well that might be a bit of a stretch!:inocent::rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Welcome back :thumbsupanim Mike C...:200:

Thanks Mike ,skip just helped me get back on my old profile as Gilaoro. I have missed the Nugget Shooter forums just , had more on my plate than I could handle .

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sonoran Dave said:

Welcome back Max! I remember you well.

Thanks Dave , Good to be back!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Relichunter2016 said:

Welcome back.....

Thanks Relichunter , I'll have some catching up to  do!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Mike Furness said:

WOW! Now there's an old name drug up from the past! WELCOME BACK GILAORO! Good to hear from you Max. Stick around. Us old timers are getting fewer but we can still rally and beat the youngsters! :old:Well that might be a bit of a stretch!:inocent::rolleyes:

Thanks Mike, I  sure do meet the old timer spec's !!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, pondmn said:

Hey welcome back Max.  Glad to see you are ok and kicking.  I bet Grubstake will be glad to see you back also.

Thanks pondmn  , Grubstake will always be here!

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, frank c said:

Welcome home Max.

Thanks Frank, I  have been lost! Do you still have those camo army pants that I gave you at gold basin ? Man it was cold and that cougar scared  hell out of me !

We have been back several times but never saw him again. Hope you are doing well!

• Like 1

Welcome back Max. One of my very first conversations on this forum, March 30th 2009, was with you. Glad you are back.

Dan

Max! Welcome back. You took me out waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a newbie. Always appreciated that. I did some detecting and you were getting cons to bring home to pan out. Good times :)
Tom H.

Hey Max, welcome back, we first met at one of Bills outings at Gold Basin a while back ago...

Dave

23 minutes ago, TomH said:

Max! Welcome back. You took me out waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a newbie. Always appreciated that. I did some detecting and you were getting cons to bring home to pan out. Good times :)
Tom H.

Thanks , Tom H. I can't say I remember but I took a lot of people out ! Brought all of them back too , some of them didn't like some of the trails I took in my Samurai .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Gilaoro said:

Thanks , Tom H. I can't say I remember but I took a lot of people out ! Brought all of them back too , some of them didn't like some of the trails I took in my Samurai .

It was June 17th 2011....I have pictures to prove it! :)

Tom H. 

max2.JPG

• Like 3

Welcome back MAX, yep, I'm still around, just too sick to do any detecting anymore, Grubstake

• Sad 1
24 minutes ago, DolanDave said:

Hey Max, welcome back, we first met at one of Bills outings at Gold Basin a while back ago...

Dave

Hey Dave Thanks , I remember that trip, It was Colddddd ! I didn't find a nugget or a meteorite but I found a Mt Lion in a tunnel across from where we were camped !  

15 minutes ago, grubstake said:

Welcome back MAX, yep, I'm still around, just too sick to do any detecting anymore, Grubstake

Thanks grubstake, I know how you feel I have been using a walker since I had a hip replaced. Hang in there , the alternative is not too good either.

• Like 2

Wife use's a walker, I use a cane sometimes, but my problem is my heart, had a really bad heart attack back in OCT. thats number 14 for me in 12 years. have 11 stents, and have had a 5X'S bypass. Still on the top side of the grass, you can't kill someone that been through hell. Grubstake

Well I guess you can kill me! you just can't eat me! That against the law!

Edited by grubstake
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Max yes I remember that outing. I remember sitn around campsite talkin.
Do you remember the CRAWZY WINDSTORM that came thru camp around dusk blew TENTS, GRILLS anything that wasn't tied down right out of camp !
Hang in there Max an best wishes.