Nugget Shooter Forums

Well after a long winter, the boys and i made it out today before the new round of rain and snow hits us. First spot was one of my speci spots that we have hit prtty hard. Ended up pulling this 2 gram chunky feller from about 4 inches deep. Definitely made my day for sure. Then after that, the boys wanted to try our coin and relic spot. Still finding lots of cool stuff but it is thinning out a bit. I did squeeze out another coin and a sweet bell. The coin is a 1888 V nickel that is in awesome shape. Once i clean the crust off, it will look amazing. The bell i found down about a foot deep and it was about 20 yards from where my son found his bell last year. It was sure great to get out today. Ill post pics of the rest of the cool finds after we get them cleaned up tomorrow. Take care everyone!

Dan

20200404_184547.jpg

20200404_182734.jpg

20200404_184007.jpg

20200404_184021.jpg

20200404_183440.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • well done 7

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing the finds cleaned up. That gold nugget looks awesome!

My 12 year old and I got out yesterday for the first time in almost a year. Had a grand time. Found two pickers with the GM1000 to beat the skunk. Beautiful in the Motherload yesterday at 70 degrees.

Good luck out there and stay well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Those are some great finds.

The 'season' just started and you're killing it already.

That 2 grammer is a nice chunk.  WTG.  :thumbsupanim

Luke

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice job guys!!  There all nice finds for sure.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NvAuMiner said:

Nice job guys!!  There all nice finds for sure.

Thanks Doug. Maybe we can actually hook up this year since baseball season is canceled. 

19 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Those are some great finds.

The 'season' just started and you're killing it already.

That 2 grammer is a nice chunk.  WTG.  :thumbsupanim

Luke

Thanks Luke. Hopefully this is the start to a great season. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

Thanks Doug. Maybe we can actually hook up this year since baseball season is canceled. 

Sounds good to me Mr.  Last few weekends I've been busy emptying out the garage into a 40' C-tainer we bought and finally took on the job of insulating and now drywall.  Waiting for a drywall lift to come in so I can bang it out. . .  Something I've been wanting to do for years.

I have only been out a couple times ... but been chasing the skunks tail so far.

Edited by NvAuMiner
  • Like 1

Great finds Dan. Congrats.:thumbsupanim  Looking forward to the rest of the pics.

How far is this spot from you know where?

• Thanks 1

This is you know where haha. We have been chomping at the bit to get up there. Up north got quite a bit more snow than we got this year, so it took a few more weeks to melt the snow and dry it out up there. It was fun.

Glad to see you made it there. I found a lot of relics when I was there...some just laying in top of the ground waiting to be picked up. Of course this was years ago. I wish I had taken some photos back then.

Have you been back to look for turquoise at you know where? There's a large pit on top of that mountain where they mined it. If you search the ravines and creeks below that pit, I'm pretty sure you'll find a lot more.

• Like 1

No we haven't. We were talking about it yesterday though. Those hills are packed with snow right now so it will definitely take another 2 months or so to get in there. Last year we just didn't have the time with all of the traveling we did for baseball. By the time we were done, it was winter again. We definitely plan on it this year though.

Wow, Dan.  Great finds all around.  Relics and gold.  You've got it all.  

Good to hear from you.  Keep the finds coming.

Andyy

• Thanks 1

Nice going man, you guys are ready for spring. :thumbsupanim

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hardtimehermit said:

Nice going man, you guys are ready for spring. :thumbsupanim

Heck yeah, the boys are chomping at the bit now.

• Like 1

Nice job! Of all the things I've dug out of the desert, I still haven't found an old coin. So many Levis buttons I have lost count, and wonder if the old timers all lost their drawers while mining. No coins though. Thats really cool!

Regards, Kyle

• Haha 2

Sweet gold and I love the "V" nickel! Congratulations!:thumbsupanim

• Thanks 1