Nugget Shooter Forums

Has anyone ever used a GM1000 down at the beach?  Not much into metal detecting the beach area, but since we are on lockdown looking for things to do.  I only have a GM1000, and unwilling to purchase an Equinox right now.  Curious if anyone else has used the GM1000 at the beach?  If so, which coil and settings would be fantastic. 

Thank you,

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

it will work ok in the dry sand first thing i found with mine was some gold 18k teeth :thumbsupanim

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

I was wondering the same thing, I'm close to near 300 miles of beach in 2 states and 2 hours from my closest gpaa claim. So plan on trying the monster there and see how it does.

It has already found an old rivet for me at the site of an old train wreck.

• 5 months later...
On 3/21/2020 at 11:25 AM, Craig T said:

Has anyone ever used a GM1000 down at the beach?  Not much into metal detecting the beach area, but since we are on lockdown looking for things to do.  I only have a GM1000, and unwilling to purchase an Equinox right now.  Curious if anyone else has used the GM1000 at the beach?  If so, which coil and settings would be fantastic. 

Thank you,

Craig

I have the gold monster 1000 l use it on beaches in n.s.w no  problem at all only in wet sand it gives surplus fales signals dry sand stays quite until you detect a object but overall very good sign geoff

On 11/17/2020 at 4:32 PM, Lawrence said:

I have the gold monster 1000 l use it on beaches in n.s.w no  problem at all only in wet sand it gives surplus fales signals dry sand stays quite until you detect a object but overall very good sign geoff

Yes I have gold monster 1000 an used it on beaches I set threshold on the 7 notch it works good have fun

On 3/21/2020 at 11:25 AM, Craig T said:

Thank you,

Craig

It sure does set threshold at 7 notch have on the beach I do use 8 notch as well sometimes notch 11 wet sand not good lot of surplus false singles dry sand excellent have fun bro