Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Recommended Posts

It seems like the numbers are roughly doubling every three days which is quite scary. If you double a penny every day for 30 days you wind up with over $5,000,000. I hate to see what the numbers are in three months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Testing just started outside of the Albuquerque/Santa Fe area on Friday. They had 500 tests for the entire southern part of the State. They will do 500 more on Monday. 

This was only in Las Cruces. New Mexico is a rural state and tests have only been available in these certain areas. Then there is the reservation numbers that are counted separately.

They said Friday it could take 7 days for tests to be tallied. And only a fraction of sick individuals could be tested. And many infected show no symptoms. So anyone with some common sense can see there is no estimating how many cases there are here.

The number we do know is 54. That is how many available ICU beds are available in the entire state. 

So if you want to look at numbers look at the important ones. We can only add 54 critical patients to the existing health infrastructure STATEWIDE before running out of existing space. 

An estimated 20% of people with covid 19 are serious cases. 10% require hospitalization. About 15% get permanent lung damage. A really quick glance at the important numbers that we do have says this is a very serious disease.

Today we don't know how many cases we have. We only know there have been 57 positives from 1200 tests that have reported results statewide. We are awaiting results of about 1200 more tests. That is the extent of the testing efforts in the entire state so far. And that is only in the three main populated areas.

If you are familiar with New Mexico you know getting accurate numbers for anything would be impossible even if tests were available for everyone. And they are not. Not even close.

So anyone that wants to look at the reported positives and draw any conclusions on that is probably not too bright.

At this point it does not matter much because we missed the opportunity to contain this. We are running plan "B" now which is fighting sickness and surviving in a world with a shortage of supplies and no income. 

Bob,

All we can do for "current" numbers is look at the reported numbers,  I for one and I'm sure everyone else  knows that those numbers aren't accurate and the real numbers are at least 4 times higher if not more because of  the lack of testing for the virus and those numbers will be growing higher everyday!

I don't think New Mexico is the exception for not knowing the real statistics, it's much the same in most of the states with some states worst than others, at least in New Mexico they are sorta starting to test the general population, in my state the only way to get tested unless a doctor is already involved is by calling one of 4 medical organisations and pass a screening on the phone to even get an appointment to be seen in person for a formal screening to POSSIBLY get tested.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 9:20 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

 

Bleach and cleaners are scarce. I have 35% H2O2 in a gallon jug and a big chunk of pool chlorine. If someone you know or are taking care of gets sick you will need disinfectant. These are still available. If you dont have some go to the hydro shop or a beauty salon and get it. The instructions on the internet will tell you how to dilute it for use.

 

I appreciate the tip.  I got something similar to this based off your recommendation.  1 LBS of Hypochlorite powder.  This will disinfect 10,000 gallons.  If worst comes to worst, I will be disinfecting drinking water only, not chlorinating everything to the house like the water company does.  If I do go to the store to get pool shock, this is the article I'd use: https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/how-to-use-pool-shock-to-purify-water// for specifics.  Never having to shop for this stuff and trying to stay in the house, online only listed the product coming in bags of 12.  This came out to half the cost per gallon as what I bought, but purified 120,000 gallons, or about what a family of four will use for showers, laundry, watering the lawn, using the toilet, cooking and drinking all year.  I would expect 3/4 a gallon per day drinking water in the winter and up to 2 gallons per day on a hot summer day.  I was surprised to see that Clorox bleach is limited to 12 months max storage.  It will still take stains out of clothes, but just does not purify like its supposed to.

I was even getting ready to build a washboard out of corrugated metal, but plastic ones were cheaper (and probably better) than what I would of ended up building myself.

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Bob,

All we can do for "current" numbers is look at the reported numbers,  I for one and I'm sure everyone else  knows that those numbers aren't accurate and the real numbers are at least 4 times higher if not more because of  the lack of testing for the virus and those numbers will be growing higher everyday!

I don't think New Mexico is the exception for not knowing the real statistics, it's much the same in most of the states with some states worst than others, at least in New Mexico they are sorta starting to test the general population, in my state the only way to get tested unless a doctor is already involved is by calling one of 4 medical organisations and pass a screening on the phone to even get an appointment to be seen in person for a formal screening to POSSIBLY get tested.  

At this point testing is really not important. If you are sick the test isn't going to help you. It isn't going to help a doctor help you.

The tests are only good to compile data about the disease. The way we are going about it the data is useless.

The only thing we need to know if we are sick is to isolate, drink fluids, take Tylenol and know the number to call if we have breathing problems. 

People are coming together. Planting gardens. Thinking about each other and reaching out. 

The virus is a bad thing. But most people are realizing they need each other. Even if they disagree on the finer points. 

I think one of the big things this virus will do is bring good people together under a common goal rather than a divided, political ends.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But never forget that if this was a Biological Weapon it was easy for China to sacrifice a million people to infect the world in the first wave. Hunker down isolate and here comes the second wave an armed invasion. Sure you have toilet paper and bleach but this is the...end of days

For crying out loud put your faith in God and be glad of the life he has given you, help- those you can and if this is all a load of crap you are still the man that God put you on this earth to be. 

You have a one in one chance of dying.

  • well done 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes me wonder about countries like North Korea and the "Christmas" present they promised...South Korea has been hit by coronavirus pretty bad, but not a word about North Korea and if it has been spread there. Unprecedented times. Hope we never have to live through something like this ever again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, matt said:

Makes me wonder about countries like North Korea and the "Christmas" present they promised...South Korea has been hit by coronavirus pretty bad, but not a word about North Korea and if it has been spread there. Unprecedented times. Hope we never have to live through something like this ever again.

North Korea is a pretty isolated country but could have the virus as well. I doubt they admit it though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, matt said:

Makes me wonder about countries like North Korea and the "Christmas" present they promised...South Korea has been hit by coronavirus pretty bad, but not a word about North Korea and if it has been spread there. Unprecedented times. Hope we never have to live through something like this ever again.

Some people won't.

 

 

13 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

But never forget that if this was a Biological Weapon it was easy for China to sacrifice a million people to infect the world in the first wave. Hunker down isolate and here comes the second wave an armed invasion. Sure you have toilet paper and bleach but this is the...end of days

For crying out loud put your faith in God and be glad of the life he has given you, help- those you can and if this is all a load of crap you are still the man that God put you on this earth to be. 

You have a one in one chance of dying.

 

If this was a 'biological attack'....  It could have been carried out in a much more deliberate fashion.  The outbreak would have started in America.  Why would they cripple 'themselves' before they 'go to war'?  You severely underestimate 'them'.

Everyday is the 'end of days'.  Yesterday is over.  Tomorrow is yet to be determined.

In the meantime, please limit your public interactions to help protect those who are more vulnerable than you.

Thanks

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good post about readiness and survival...one thing I disagree on is we should  not speculate or point fingers and conspiracies about who spread what. Virus is non discriminatory. As far as conspiracy theories  ....you don't have to throw the rock across the ocean, just read up on our own government experiments on our own people. Operation Sea Spray just one of many. I don't trust any of them...but like I said....they are just as to fall victim to it as we are. 

  • Like 1
  • well done 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An hypothesis based on what we don't know is nothing more than fantasy.

The idea that this is some sort of biological weapon is absurd. It is based on nothing but fear and bias. There is absolutely no reason to believe this is anything but another disease that is sweeping over the globe.

Diseases follow a pattern. Every few decades a virus goes wild and sickens the entire planet. We know this is true.

People follow a pattern. The same ones that believe in the many conspiracy theories that are pushed by propagandists believe this virus is a biological weapon. We know this is false.

This is just another one of the many viruses that infect people. There is no dark conspiracy. The yellow men are not responsible for our sickness. We are responsible for our own sickness just like the rest of the world is.

We are responsible for our own actions too. Peddling the idea that China has launched an biological attack on the world is straight up repeating propaganda that is being spread by our enemies. 

It is easy for people to believe bizarre and impossible fabrications peddled by our enemies. They will repeat these lies while waving a flag and calling themselves "patriots". They think their real enemy is their fellow American who does not share their narrow views. 

But it is impossible for them to believe this is a natural event that has happened on earth for eons of time. 

The same people who believe this is a biological attack all play down the seriousness of the virus.  They scoff and ridicule people for preparing. They try to tell you it is no worse than the flu. They say it is all hysteria. All the while peddling the theory that we have had a biological attack from China! And that they intend to launch a military attack next!

How much sense does that really make? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, a friend of mine is very sick. She lives a few miles away in a small town to the north. Her brother and I used to prospect together. 

She has been tested but does not have results yet. They sent her home to quarantine for two weeks.

She recently returned from a trip to Florida to visit her elderly father. 

Our governor just gave the order to shelter in place. No groups larger than five. All non essential businesses are closed as of 8:00 a.m. tomorrow. 

This thing is going to get real. Fast. Half the population is expected to get it and 20% will require hospitalization. A bunch of those people will die because our hospitals just won't be able to handle them.

Stay home. Wash your hands. Stay away from people. Even your loved ones. If we continue to pretend this is not what it is we will make situations much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can not stand fear mongering and could not take one more of Bob's prepping post.

There are so many possibilities that the time has come to put you faith in God and have faith that you have lead the life that will be good enough to grant you access to Heaven.

I posted that post just to flush you all out. Trust and have faith remember this life is temporary. Live you life for the next and quit scaring the crap out of other people.

I was out prospecting yesterday and guess what I saw...Cows! yes cows, they are still growing livestock nation wide chickens, pigs, lamb, vegetables every thing that it takes to substain the entire population of the United States of America.

These are not the end of days. We are still only looking at having 152 possible cases and 2 deaths in Arizona. Trust in God.

Live what life God has given.

I still get up every morning and go to work you should do the same. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fishing8046 said:

I can not stand fear mongering and could not take one more of Bob's prepping post.

There are so many possibilities that the time has come to put you faith in God and have faith that you have lead the life that will be good enough to grant you access to Heaven.

I posted that post just to flush you all out. Trust and have faith remember this life is temporary. Live you life for the next and quit scaring the crap out of other people.

I was out prospecting yesterday and guess what I saw...Cows! yes cows, they are still growing livestock nation wide chickens, pigs, lamb, vegetables every thing that it takes to substain the entire population of the United States of America.

These are not the end of days. We are still only looking at having 152 possible cases and 2 deaths in Arizona. Trust in God.

Live what life God has given.

I still get up every morning and go to work you should do the same. 

Being prepared and asking others to do the same is not fear mongering.

There are many possibilities for the future.  Perhaps one will be, where people stay away from each other for a minute, so the healthcare system can handle the flow.

This life may be temporary, but reckless people shouldn't decide when the end is going to be.

Why be scared??  Don't you have faith??  Isn't that enough??

My sincerest hope is that Arizona tops out with 152 cases and 3 deaths (one just reported).  My 'science mind' tells me that we are still on the up trending slope of the graph.

 

My 7 year old daughter has asthma.  She is in a high risk group.  Her mother will be going to work with hopefully enough PPE.  Our family is counting on other Americans to be responsible citizens and follow the CDC recommendations.  Currently there is no vaccine.  If my daughter ends up needing a ventilator, will there be one for her?

 

Just for the record...  Why can't science be the method God created so we can better understand 'him'?

Why do science and faith have to be on separate sides of the 'arguement'?

Can't we have faith and still be prepared for the future?  What are Mormons preparing for?

I sure hope you don't get sick Bob, or infect anyone you care about.  You should follow the CDC recommendations.

Luke

Edited by LukeJ
Jesus didn't need to "flush you all out".
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I work with 8 other people in my office.  I tell them they need to stock up on food, at least two weeks.  I’ve been telling them that since the end of January.  Most have stocked up.  I won’t take credit for them stocking up, but I’m glad they did.  Another coworker didn’t.  I hope it goes well for this person still buying groceries day by day.

I would rather spend my time helping someone who needs help that could not have been prepared, versus someone who chose not to be prepared.

I have actually found Bob’s posts on this topic helpful and grounded.  I not only wish he keeps up, but others would join in.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

An hypothesis based on what we don't know is nothing more than fantasy.

The idea that this is some sort of biological weapon is absurd. It is based on nothing but fear and bias. There is absolutely no reason to believe this is anything but another disease that is sweeping over the globe.

Diseases follow a pattern. Every few decades a virus goes wild and sickens the entire planet. We know this is true.

People follow a pattern. The same ones that believe in the many conspiracy theories that are pushed by propagandists believe this virus is a biological weapon. We know this is false.

This is just another one of the many viruses that infect people. There is no dark conspiracy. The yellow men are not responsible for our sickness. We are responsible for our own sickness just like the rest of the world is.

We are responsible for our own actions too. Peddling the idea that China has launched an biological attack on the world is straight up repeating propaganda that is being spread by our enemies. 

It is easy for people to believe bizarre and impossible fabrications peddled by our enemies. They will repeat these lies while waving a flag and calling themselves "patriots". They think their real enemy is their fellow American who does not share their narrow views. 

But it is impossible for them to believe this is a natural event that has happened on earth for eons of time. 

The same people who believe this is a biological attack all play down the seriousness of the virus.  They scoff and ridicule people for preparing. They try to tell you it is no worse than the flu. They say it is all hysteria. All the while peddling the theory that we have had a biological attack from China! And that they intend to launch a military attack next!

How much sense does that really make? 

So all of your statements above are fact or are they really just an another opinion based hypothesis? Nobody knows the facts about this virus yet Bob, not even you.

The only pattern followed is your pattern of tearing apart somebody else and pretend that you know everything!

You then blame others for being conspiratorial racists when you are the only person in this thread to slander another race! Calling Chinese people little yellow men. Then you slander everybody else that has a different opinion than yours.

Maybe this is a natural event? Maybe it's not? You don't know. I don't know. Hopefully, the people who are on the front line can figure this out sooner than later and loss of life can be minimized.

Let's get back to the topic in this thread, toilet paper!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My old partner Coyote Bill has decided to stay in the hills. He has a camp in the Hillsboro placers on Greyback Gulch.

He is sleeping in the back of an old chevy truck. Just like he has for years. He has an ice chest full of food and a couple dozen beers.

We started together back in 1978. He was hiding in the mountains of New Mexico after serving a hard tour in Viet Nam. We were digging holes and sweeping bedrock in the Jicarillas back then. 

For years we were buddies. We camped many nights together. We found pounds of gold in Hillsboro. He found the biggest nugget I have ever seen a man dig up.

He was as tough as nails and a born survivor. He was probably 45 years old before he had a drivers licence. He rode a bike from New Mexico to Arkansas and back one summer. He hitchiked to Peru. 

He is old now and has drank too much muddy water. The wind is howling and times are not good. He is where he wants to be. I wish it was some other way. 

Seek shelter and comfort for a few weeks. Take stock of what is important. Tell the elders how much you love and respect them. Help your neighbors. Say the things that need to be said to the people that you love. 

Most of us will look back on this as different men. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, matt said:

So all of your statements above are fact or are they really just an another opinion based hypothesis? Nobody knows the facts about this virus yet Bob, not even you.

The only pattern followed is your pattern of tearing apart somebody else and pretend that you know everything!

You then blame others for being conspiratorial racists when you are the only person in this thread to slander another race! Calling Chinese people little yellow men. Then you slander everybody else that has a different opinion than yours.

Maybe this is a natural event? Maybe it's not? You don't know. I don't know. Hopefully, the people who are on the front line can figure this out sooner than later and loss of life can be minimized.

Let's get back to the topic in this thread, toilet paper!!!

 

The people on the front lines have already told us how to minimize loss of life. You should listen to them. It is the only thing we can do. They are not going to save us with a vaccine. There is no treatment on the horizon. Half of us will get it and there will be no medical care available for us. Many will die. Many will have permanent lung damage. That is reality.

They have also identified the source of the virus. I'm not going to explain it to you. You should read about it.

We knew it was coming on the first of December. You just listened to the wrong information. The "fake news" that was "spreading hysteria" nailed it. Because they listened to experts and not politicians.

I know you don't want to accept what is happening. None of us do. But it will help if you stay strong and face reality rather than retreating into a fantasy about yellow men and magical cures.

I wish you the best Matt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our sister city El Paso, TX went on stay at home orders today. There are several cases in the city. 

If you take into account the entire populated area of El Paso- Juarez - Las Cruces you are talking about 7 million people divided by three states and two countries. It is a difficult situation to manage on a normal day. I'm glad they made the decision to shut non essential businesses down.

They say there are just a few cases in Juarez and they have mostly been mild. That place is crazy and there is no telling how many cases they really have. I hear folks are distancing on their own and are taking it seriously for the most part.

I hope these restrictions slow the rate of spread. It will be financially devastating but we when it is over we can always make more money. If we wreck our hospitals and sicken all the doctors and nurses we will be in much worse shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, H-2 Charlie said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159580732914867&id=529454866

This has been in the works for some time . China has a good reputation for testing things out on there own people  .

It is a fantasy based on science. It is science fiction.

This virus is not weaponized. You can either believe the biologists who have studied the virus or you can believe a Netflix drama.

We have known this was going to happen for 20 years. We just didnt know when. The script was simply written around that well known and very real threat.

There have been several science fiction stories written around the potential for coronavirus epidemic. This is just one of them.

The "Blame China" hysteria does not serve us in any way. It only makes things worse. And to top it off it is being pushed by our enemies on the internet to create hysteria and suspicion.

We are vulnerable and our enemies are exploiting our vulnerability. This is propaganda meant to weaken us. Dont fall for it. 

Just wash your hands, stay away from people and try to keep the hate from boiling over. We all have much more important things to do besides repeat internet conspiracy theories.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Its a good practice run for something way more serious, verdict is we are like most nations unprepared with basic necessities beyond 2 weeks. After that the majority of our citizens will be expecting government to save them...leading to chaos, hysteria and violence. With major paradigm shift of powers and economy  going form West to East, China's appetite to surpass us in fields of technology, military and economy the future seems even more uncertain.  You can bet we will continue to use any means to squeeze them which will be a futile attempt and end  in failure leading to more  economic instability do to major competition. The economic pie is sliced to thin ...hopefully this virus will make us more aware to be better prepared.

Edited by Relichunter2016
  • Like 1
  • well done 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an education we will pay dearly for. Hopefully in the future we will see to it we pay it forward.

We knew back in 2009 that we narrowly dodged the bullet. We answered to that by making good plans and knowing what to do.

Somewhere in between then and now we forgot all about it and turned our attention and money elsewhere.

I have this feeling we wont forget so soon after this crisis. Hopefully we will spend the money it takes to reinforce our health system and prepare for the next pandemic. We know it is coming just as sure as the sun is going to rise tomorrow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Relichunter2016 said:

, China's appetite to surpass us in fields of technology, military and economy the future seems even more uncertain.  You can bet we will continue to use any means to squeeze them which will be a futile attempt and end  in failure leading to more  economic instability do to major competition. The economic pie is sliced to thin ...hopefully this virus will make us more aware to be better prepared.

They deserve to be squeezed,hard.

Too much intellectual theft, disease outbreaks originating in their country and sabre rattling in the South China Sea(not to mention the heinous treatment of their own people) makes them a rightous target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

 

The "Blame China" hysteria does not serve us in any way. It only makes things worse. And to top it off it is being pushed by our enemies on the internet to create hysteria and suspicion.

 

They deserve the blame. It's not hysterical-just based in fact.

China is an evil communist country.

 

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/the_case_for_accusing_china_of_crimes_against_humanity.html#.Xn60W9Uo9Zo.email

  • Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...