Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

The question I have is exactly how are they going to determine when to open things up again. All it takes is one person to infect a whole city. Can this go on for months until we get a vaccine?

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its been interesting reading this thread. I also believe this country is in trouble but its not the end of the world. Ive spent a ton of time in third world war zones and what always amazed me is I co

Yup all's well that ends (not so) well. We almost pulled out of that nosedive a few times but we finally flew her into that dang mountain of opinions. Good riddance.

Apparently this topic has run it's course and is now locked, no one is really posting any more "Corona Virus Info", most are more concerned in ego conflicts, bashing each other over their political be

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Morlock said:

The question I have is exactly how are they going to determine when to open things up again. All it takes is one person to infect a whole city. Can this go on for months until we get a vaccine?

Well, things aren't going to be 'normal' again for quite some time, if ever. 

In the short term, wearing masks will help.  Asian countries have been doing it for years.

I'm sure they're working around the clock for the vaccine.  There will probably be some records broken and maybe some 'safety' steps bypassed.

People's immune system can shrug off many things,if healthy.

A vaccine is not the "end all be all" solution when you consider the dozens of mutations this corona outbreak has formed.

Getting some sun,   taking a few thousand units of D3,  if cannot get out in the sunshine.  xtra  C, eating right  , limiting or stop smoking,  limiting intake of fire water, taking supplemental zinc, can go a long way towards staying healthy.

6 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

People's immune system can shrug off many things,if healthy.

A vaccine is not the "end all be all" solution when you consider the dozens of mutations this corona outbreak has formed.

Getting some sun,   taking a few thousand units of D3,  if cannot get out in the sunshine.  xtra  C, eating right  , limiting or stop smoking,  limiting intake of fire water, taking supplemental zinc, can go a long way towards staying healthy.

You're right, but for now slowing the spread is what needs to happen so the hospitals can keep up.  Don't take unnecessary risks when you still don't know if you'll be the one who needs a hospital bed.

Chances are, we'll all get Covid-19 at some point.  Some won't know it, some will get sick, a small percentage will need to go to the hospital.  A smaller percentage of those hospitalized will die.  In some ways, 'another flu'.

When taking evolution into account, the 'weakest/most prone' will die first.  The remaining population will be 'stronger' against the same virus in the future.

• Like 1

Relatively Stable SARS-CoV-2 Genome Is Good News for a Vaccine: For some viruses like the flu, mutative changes affect how the virus behaves — necessitating a new vaccine every year. The small number of genetic differences between the original strain of the novel coronavirus from Wuhan and those currently circulating in the US population indicates that a vaccine may likely offer lasting immunity. The coronavirus mutates more slowly than the flu — which means a vaccine will likely be effective long-term much like a measles vaccine.

Let's hope . . .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Roger P said:

LukeJ.  Thank you for the well thought out response. The only correction I would make is that the 40k-60k deaths you reference are in the U.S. alone. It's amazing what people will accept as "normal" just because they have become used to it.

I fixed it.  Thanks.  :thumbsupanim

16 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

6 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Breitbart is not a reputable website where you look for factual information.

Even if I were to accept that article as factual. 

It still remains that 118k+ people have recently died from something other than the flu.

22 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Breitbart is not a reputable website where you look for factual information.

I respectully disagree.  Believe what you want... It is the best Kung Flu virus info I have seen.

Per your gripe, neither is the Collusion News Network, Messy NBC, the Collusion Broadcasting System(and many others)

FWIW... https://www.foxnews.com/media/rand-paul-gives-first-interview-since-recovering-from-covid-19

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli

What is the Death Rate of Corona ?  How many folks walk in the hospitals front door complaining of Corona infection and how many people are wheeled out the back door? Those are the only numbers needed.  

Edited by homefire
14 minutes ago, homefire said:

What is the Death Rate of coronal ?  How many folks walk in the hospitals front door complaining of Corona infection and how many people are wheeled out the back door? Those are the only numbers needed.  

From the FoxNews website:   577,842 confirmed cases in U.S.      23,232 deaths in U.S.

https://www.foxnews.com/category/health/infectious-disease/coronavirus#&_intcmp=corona_trkr

Edited by LukeJ
added link
  • Like 1

Don't forget the 3,600+ people who have died in nursing homes that the cdc is not counting in their stats.

Also, I read above that someone said the virus is not mutating. That is not correct. It is being reported from China and one other place I can't remember, sorry, that it is mutating.

• Like 1

Can Supplements Help Combat COVID-19? (p-3)

1) Lapacho: (Pau D' Arco) 

pau d'arco extract contains a potent antioxidant known as quercetin and is shown to be rich in naphthoquinones, plant-based compounds that exert antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal effects. 

2) Cytokine Suppress: Mung Bean Extract (with EGCG) 

"Used to modulate immune system response. Mung bean has shown to be a therapeutic agent capable of inhibiting HMGB1 (cytokines) release and may hold potential for the treatment of lethal systemic inflammatory diseases" Has been successfully used in laboratory studies to turn off the HMGB1 switch that triggers the catastrophic and often fatal cytokine dump that causes sepsis and organ failure in the human body.

3) DGL (Licorice Root Extract)

"Centuries ago, licorice root was used in Greece, China, and Egypt for stomach inflammation and upper respiratory problems. Today, people use licorice root as a therapeutic for bacterial and viral infections" NIH https://www.hhs.gov/

• Hmmmmmm 1
  • well done 1
12 minutes ago, FlakMagnet said:

Don't forget the 3,600+ people who have died in nursing homes that the cdc is not counting in their stats.

Also, I read above that someone said the virus is not mutating. That is not correct. It is being reported from China and one other place I can't remember, sorry, that it is mutating.

I just want USA numbers.   

Where did those number come from?  

Ok, found CDC current numbers.  

24,000 – 62,000
flu deaths

It would seem the Flu is still taking more people then the Corona at this point. 

We've had two  cased and zero deaths in my county at this point.

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1

It's 28,400+ right now (Monday night). The problem you don't seem to be willing to deal with is there is no vaccine for this virus. That makes a fairly significant difference from the flu. Lets talk around Sept. - Oct. and see how you feel then.

• Thanks 2
  • well done 2

First of all the flu is a horrible killer and our hospitals can barely keep up with that disease much less this new one.

Additionally the 20% that are left with lung damage from Coronavirus is a significant difference from the seasonal flu. The fact that the attack rate is more than twice the flu is much more important than the death rate. This is why it overwhelms our capability for treatment.

Also consider the fact that testing is not available so the actual infection rate is exponentially higher than the number of positive tests. Top that off with the fact that half the population is vaccinated for the flu and therefore immune. And then please consider the fact that before this is over an estimated 50-70% of the population will get the coronavirus. Couple that with the inability of our government to even develop a testing plan much less carry it out.

The differences between covid 19 and the flu are staggering. In the number of cases. In the seriousness of those cases. In the health damage of those cases. In the impact to our health care systems. In the impact to our economy. In the impact to our way of life.

Anyone who can't understand this needs to look at reality a bit harder.

This will leave the US with a huge number of crippled lungers and a broken health care system. Not to mention a HUGE death toll. And it will repeat the performance until we can find a cure and work together as a society to overcome it and it's aftermath.

Edited by Au Seeker
to remove criticism
  • Haha 1
  • well done 1
9 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

It's 28,400+ right now (Monday night). The problem you don't seem to be willing to deal with is there is no vaccine for this virus. That makes a fairly significant difference from the flu. Lets talk around Sept. - Oct. and see how you feel then.

There is no vaccine for the flu either. There are shots to help prevent but there are so many strains, there is not a single shot against all.

Edited by matt
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Sorry Bob. Estimates are not facts. They are simply estimates. Everybody has one. Your crap is no different that anyone else's. 
Just sayin'. How have you been man?

You must be joking slim, do you not feel threatened by this virus or any of your friends or family? More people died in New York yesterday from covid than how many die from the regular flu in a year. Although this is just an estimate...:idunno:

HTH, are you "estimating" that over 60,000 people died from covid in New York yesterday ?????

As of yesterday New York has had a little over 10,000 total deaths related to Corona Virus!

Edited by Roger P
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

I am regretting starting this thread. Of course nobody knows what the outcome will be - that is precisely the problem. Estimates are just that but they are thrown all to hell by the illnesses' unknowns that are still not fully understood; who is carrying it without exhibiting overt symptoms, who decides to keep their state open in the face of overwhelming evidence that closing it will help flatten "the curve," how about the large number of people who think they don't have to do anything different or special and walk into a grocery store with no gloves or mask and infects the grocery worker who has to be there at work or they'll be fired, or maybe there's a church preacher who decides he's going to have nine bus loads of church members fill his church in defiance of shelter in place requirements. The variables are endless. The proven facts seem to be that sheltering works, wearing gloves and masks when out at the market works, washing your hands works. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but comparing corona virus to the flu is simplistic and misleading.  Estimates are not facts, true, but some estimates are a hell of a lot more relevant than others, especially the ones without a political overlay.

And lastly, it is not a politically slanted statement to say that it is glaringly obvious that the government totally dropped the ball on being ready, on educating the public and on quickly putting defensive measures in place country-wide.

Stay safe. 

• well done 1