Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

58 minutes ago, matt said:

I will be "nice" to you in my response as obviously you have nothing better to do with your time than to post on this thread in this forum and are not working. Me, on the other hand, I have been working 70-80 hours per week and paying income taxes that help to support all the people on unemployment. Working at the risk of bringing home the virus to my wife and 2 kids or to my parents that I provide their weekly needs since they are of the age that it's not recommended to be out in public.

I stated that my response was not political or tied to any administration. My post was not related to n95 masks, but in general to overseas manufacturing and medicines. Morlock posted a link to an article that was biased and aimed at a political administration. I again responded that it's not political. Then you lukej took it there again. So, I ask you, did any states purchase masks from guy in Texas? Did the guy in Texas reach out multiple times to California or New York or New Jersey? Why did the governor of California sign a terrible deal with a chinese manufacturer of N95 masks for $990 million dollars when a guy in Texas can supply them? Why do you support a biased article and not support bringing back jobs to the USA?

Please let me know.

I don't believe I've been anything but nice to you so, Thanks.  :)

I'm glad you have a job.  Obviously many are not so fortunate.

Are you self employed?  I worked at least 80 hours a week when I was.

You know, the weird thing is....  When someone pays payroll taxes, some of that money is for times like this.

People who had to file for unemployment are actually getting some of their tax money back.  Except the government didn't save that money and had to borrow some.

What made you think I don't support bringing American jobs back?  Did you read the article to the end?

I'll let you do your own research on those other questions.

Stay safe matt.

• Like 3
  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its been interesting reading this thread. I also believe this country is in trouble but its not the end of the world. Ive spent a ton of time in third world war zones and what always amazed me is I co

Yup all's well that ends (not so) well. We almost pulled out of that nosedive a few times but we finally flew her into that dang mountain of opinions. Good riddance.

Apparently this topic has run it's course and is now locked, no one is really posting any more "Corona Virus Info", most are more concerned in ego conflicts, bashing each other over their political be

Posted Images

Here is exactly how well our response to the virus is working as compared to other countries.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/worldwide-graphs/

While the rest of the developed world is flattening the curve our numbers are going straight up. We have the most cases on the planet by a big margin. 1/3 of all cases are in the U.S.

We have not learned how to respond to this virus at all and we are paying dearly for it. The decisions our leaders have (and have not) made are driving the most intense outbreak in the world. 

The decisions that Americans are making (or refuse to make) are insuring that our health and economy are severely impacted.

Meanwhile we waste a lot of calories defending poor leadership and making excuses for mistakes that have been made.

We are being wrecked by this thing. It is about time we stop hiding in our FOX holes pretending it is not happening. We need to quit whining about our rights and how much money we are not making.

We need to do the simple things that have been proven flattens the curve. Just like the rest of the world. As long as we keep pretending the numbers will keep going straight up. Our economy will get worse. We will get sicker.

How weak will we allow ourselves to become? How far will we go to protect poor leadership in times of crisis? How long will we put our fingers in our ears and deny we are loosing this battle? How long will it take for some to admit the battle even exists?

• Sad 1
8 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

That is some sage advice coming from a guy that believes stone poodles mark Spanish treasure.

:25r30wi:

Where was all this "life experience" and "critical thinking" when you read Kenworthy's book and believed it? Or saw something you didn't understand and came to the conclusion it was aliens from another planet? 

Do you see a pattern developing between the information you are exposed to and the conclusions made? I would say this goes right along with what we are talking about here.

This goes for viruses as well as poodles. We won't even go there with politics but the pattern remains true to form.

I see patterns....

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6155546873001/

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Aren't you glad I gave you that link Bob? It's just the statistics and none of the BS.

The statistics show our response to the virus is a huge failure.

The BS tries to make it seem otherwise.

As for the links you post that will be up to the reader to decide. You already have my opinion on that.

:laught16:

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Added the emoji because ignorance is humorous to me.
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

Mr. Flak presented the above link to a politically motivated one sided hit job disguised as a "timeline" yesterday. 
Below is a link to the real statistics. If you look at the graph of new daily cases, you will see that the numbers did not become significant until around March 17th which is when NV (not sure about other states) instituted a shutdown based on the best available information available from health experts. 
Blaming this President -- or anyone other than the Chinese -- for what has happened since is nothing but counter productive and hateful politics. 
This is a pandemic. Pandemics happen. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/worldwide-graphs/#europe-usa-cases

Personally, I think this graphic represents the best timeline:

00000trumppelosi.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

The statistics show our response to the virus is a huge failure.

The BS tries to make it seem otherwise.

As for the links you post that will be up to the reader to decide. You already have my opinion on that.

The real BS is people finding humor or some kind of satisfaction in this crisis. Bob's posts speak for themselves.

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)

I find humor in the most difficult of circumstances. 

I'm such a bad person!

Edited by Bedrock Bob
It is difficult not to laugh when surrounded by clowns!

Deborah Birx reportedly tells task force she can trust "nothing from the CDC"

"During a task force meeting Wednesday, a heated discussion broke out between Deborah Birx, the physician who oversees the administration's coronavirus response, and Robert Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Birx and others were frustrated with the CDC's antiquated system for tracking virus data, which they worried was inflating some statistics — such as mortality rate and case count — by as much as 25 percent, according to four people present for the discussion or later briefed on it. Two senior administration officials said the discussion was not heated," the newspaper reported.

"There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust," Birx reportedly said, according to two of the people.

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/09/deborah-birx-reportedly-tells-task-force-she-can-trust-nothing-from-the-cdc_partner/

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I find humor in the most difficult of circumstances. 

I'm such a bad person!

Edited  by Bedrock Bob
It is difficult not to laugh when surrounded by clowns!

I rest my case.

• Haha 1
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I just want to say THANK YOU Matt! I got a big check from Uncle Sugar this week and look forward to more in the near future!

:yesss:

Keep up the good work Matt! Guys like you make it all happen!

Thank God some people are working. Meanwhile, ALL the branches of government are working EXCEPT the US House of Representatives. The latest news is that Pelosi has been busy handing out ice cream to her family. 

But wait, there's MORE!

Edited by Dakota Slim

You know Slim....

I fully expected you to take this thread in that direction.  Your argument has no substance unless you can include your politics.

It's obvious that you are trying to get this thread locked.

Maybe it's time to raise your flag?  :kap:

Slim, when I told Luke he could post links from anywhere which a member could click on if they choose and read it if they like, that didn't include posting actual videos and photos with political content with slanted biased opinions connect to them trying to get a rise out of other members here,  I have removed the photo you posted once already as political content and you dare to post it again, you have stepped over the line and facing a possible suspension from the forum for a undetermined time period, if that's your goal then you're doing a great job!!! 

THIS TOPIC IS FOR INFO ONLY, NO DEBATES OVER INFO POSTED ALLOWED!!!

14 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

That is some sage advice coming from a guy that believes stone poodles mark Spanish treasure.

Where was all this "life experience" and "critical thinking" when you read Kenworthy's book and believed it? Or saw something you didn't understand and came to the conclusion it was aliens from another planet? 

Do you see a pattern developing between the information you are exposed to and the conclusions made? I would say this goes right along with what we are talking about here.

This goes for viruses as well as poodles. We won't even go there with politics but the pattern remains true to form.

You obviously have no new, creative, or factual response, so you keep scraping the bottom of your empty trash barrel. If that's the best you can do Bob, spare yourself the embarrassment.

It's not and never was about treasure. It was, and still is about gold. A sample of which you can witness in my last gold post, "Stuck on Gold", which was detected within eyesight of one of the stone monuments that you referred to. And Luke does alright on his own, without your inept assistance.. At least he makes an honest attempt, IMO, which is more than I can say for the lameness on display above.

• Thanks 1
  • well done 1
30 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Slim, when I told Luke he could post links from anywhere which a member could click on if they choose and read it if they like, that didn't include posting actual videos and photos with political content with slanted biased opinions connect to them trying to get a rise out of other members here,  I have removed the photo you posted once already as political content and you dare to post it again, you have stepped over the line and facing a possible suspension from the forum for a undetermined time period, if that's your goal then you're doing a great job!!! 

THIS TOPIC IS FOR INFO ONLY, NO DEBATES OVER INFO POSTED ALLOWED!!!

Sorry Skip. I misinterpreted what you said. Sometimes links embed a video, other times they don't. I'll see if I can figure that out. 

Too bad El Dorado doesn't visit the site anymore. I'm sure he would liven things up a bit!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1
21 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Why don't we talk about moving forward? :idunno:

What policies and programs need to happen to get people back to work?:idea:

What policies and programs need to happen to stop the virus?:old:

How do you think the world will be different in the "new normal"?:sickbyc:

This does not have to be a debate. We don't have to pick apart every point we may disagree on. :3ztzsjm:

I think a lot of people are going to be poorer and hungrier after this is over. And our government will reduce or eliminate a lot of services. :ROFL:

Our leadership needs a plan to address budget and security concerns at the local levels. Washington needs a plan to support those needs.:nutty:

Without police, fire and reliable utilities our economy won't have a chance. All of these are at risk in this crisis.:old:

Health care was a crisis before the virus. And something that money and politics has made solutions impossible. This must be addressed :5bat:

Our leaders are writing checks to the rich faster than they can print them. Meanwhile the common man gets $1200 bucks and a few weeks of temporary unemployment. This must stop. They are looting this country before they allow it to collapse IMHO.

:5bat:

Those are my thoughts. They arent political. Slim does not need to find something in there that demands explanation. Nor is "equal time" for rebuttal necessary. We don't have to post a stream of right wing links.

Calm down brothers! Adjust those meds. Get some fiber. Eat a shovelfull of supplements with extra biloba root. You guys are taking this way too seriously.

Personally, I think our government leaders are doing the best they can under extraordinary circumstances which COVID-19 has caused but seeing as how bob brought me into the picture I'd like to include something that bob said on April 22, less than 3 weeks ago. 
Quote: 

As long as he responds with PERSONAL criticisms to posts that are not directed to him or about him there is only one way it will end.

He does this on every thread and I have never directed a post toward him except in response.

I reported it when he started. I did not respond in kind. He was allowed to keep at it and so I started responding to him.

I have not made a single post directed at him unless he has personally directed one at me first.

Do what you need to do. But I will not be bullied by him nor will I turn the other cheek if he is allowed to direct his crap at me.

"Equal time" means he gets to argue with anything he disagrees with. He can present any opinion he wants to and I will never respond. But as long as he is allowed to call me out BY NAME and post his political crap then we are at a tough place.

All that is needed is to stop him from getting personal. He can post whatever he wants as far as I am concerned. But if you allow an idiot like him to carry on like he does I am going to respond. And a whole lot of other idiots on this forum are going to be miffed about it.

Nothing personal Skip. If this was just about politics here I couldn't care less. But once again this is about letting someone call me out REPEATEDLY and then trying to stop it after it gets out of hand.

If he stops replying to me personally by name after he reads something he disagrees with there is no problem. He just wants to fight and then have you spank us both. 

Look at what he responds to. NOTHING has been directed at him unless he has pointed one at me. Even then I have shown restraint. Every one of his tantrums has been over something I posted that did not concern him one bit.

I will give you no problem at all if he is held to the policy. If he is allowed to start his crap I will respond. So do what you feel is best.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Those are my thoughts. They arent political. Slim does not need to find something in there that demands explanation. Nor is "equal time" for rebuttal necessary. We don't have to post a stream of right wing links.

It seems that a lack of basic reading comprehension has emerged as the biggest problem in America.  Much more dangerous than Covid19.

Edited by LukeJ
ironically left some important words out :-)