Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

8 minutes ago, BMc said:

"Depending on who you support politically any "news" website link posted is biased in one direction or the other, there's no such thing these days as an unbiased new agency"

"News" is a packaged product that is slanted and sold, (ratings), by a biased media, to a target audience. The slant may vary in degrees but as long as there are differences of opinion in any subject,  there will be a robust market for for hot button topics. Truth and objectivity gets lost within point and counter point rivalry, and oneupmanship, (the technique or practice of gaining a feeling of superiority over another person)

Well then what about PBS?

I don't need a lesson on biased news sources.  What I want to know is where 'you guys' get your 'unbiased information' from.

Lots of talk about the MSM, but then someone repeats some BS from the same MSM.

How are y'all so enlightened?

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its been interesting reading this thread. I also believe this country is in trouble but its not the end of the world. Ive spent a ton of time in third world war zones and what always amazed me is I co

Yup all's well that ends (not so) well. We almost pulled out of that nosedive a few times but we finally flew her into that dang mountain of opinions. Good riddance.

Apparently this topic has run it's course and is now locked, no one is really posting any more "Corona Virus Info", most are more concerned in ego conflicts, bashing each other over their political be

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, BMc said:

"Depending on who you support politically any "news" website link posted is biased in one direction or the other, there's no such thing these days as an unbiased new agency"

"News" is a packaged product that is slanted and sold, (ratings), by a biased media, to a target audience. The slant may vary in degrees but as long as there are differences of opinion in any subject,  there will be a robust market for for hot button topics. Truth and objectivity gets lost within point and counter point rivalry, and oneupmanship, (the technique or practice of gaining a feeling of superiority over another person)

YES! News is a packaged product but there are winners and losers. Loser "news" publishers lose their audience. When they lose their audience they lose their sponsors. It's the American way.
Most American's aren't stupid. If they get lied to for a period of...say... 3.5 years, they abandon ship and switch to a different news source that tells the truth -- and consequently has higher  ratings.  

And, of course, this includes coverage of COVID-19 news. 

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/thursday-may-7-scoreboard-hannity-delivered-nearly-4-8-million-viewers-no-1-on-cable-news/440267/

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

YES! News is a packaged product but there are winners and losers. Loser "news" publishers lose their audience. When they lose their audience they lose their sponsors. It's the American way.
Most American's aren't stupid. If they get lied to for a period of...say... 3.5 years, they abandon ship and switch to a different news source that tells the truth -- and consequently has higher  ratings.  

And, of course, this includes coverage of COVID-19 news. 

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/thursday-may-7-scoreboard-hannity-delivered-nearly-4-8-million-viewers-no-1-on-cable-news/440267/

I'm not talking about CNN.  Nothing I've posted here has been sourced from CNN

You actually made my point by 'offering' a cable 'news' source.  Thanks !

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I'm not talking about CNN.  Nothing I've posted here has been sourced from CNN

You actually made my point by 'offering' a cable 'news' source.  Thanks !

I should add that:
In January 2002, the ratings of the Fox channel surpassed top-rated CNN to become the #1 news cable channel. They fell in March 2002, but since then the network has maintained its #1 cable rating (as of 2019) with increasing viewership and international access.

12 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

I should add that:
In January 2002, the ratings of the Fox channel surpassed top-rated CNN to become the #1 news cable channel. They fell in March 2002, but since then the network has maintained its #1 cable rating (as of 2019) with increasing viewership and international access.

Still....  Cable 'news'.

You're paying to be lied to.

It's laughable that you are more concerned with 'ratings' than content.

I guess as long as they keep saying what you already think then it's all good.

47 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I don't need a lesson on biased news sources.  What I want to know is where 'you guys' get your 'unbiased information' from.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who hasn't already made their bias clear.

Just looking for honest feedback.

Since you are auditing us...I don't have a TV,(not for a couple yrs, now) "only" the internet, the radio, and local rag...

MARK LEVIN is a big influencer on talk radio.  Before that, Michael Savage, Sean Hannity and RUSH, of course.

..I find it curious that there aren't many (if any) liberal /progressive broadcasters on AM radio. My guess is that it does not attract advertisers due to limited "listnership".

Personally I think both sides of the isle are full of it, including so called news sources that favor their horse  in the political game. I have nothing against CNN nor FOX, they both serve their purpose when you finally understand it, it will not bother you as much. I put more credence behind news sources from abroad, many times they have journalist on the ground in areas we do not and all we have is the State Department or Pentagon spoksperson.  Outside of the weather report and sports news everything else is just an interpretation of some agenda driven, commercial supported fake news media. 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Since you are auditing us...I don't have a TV,(not for a couple yrs, now) "only" the internet, the radio, and local rag...

MARK LEVIN is a big influencer on talk radio.  Before that, Michael Savage, Sean Hannity and RUSH, of course.

..I find it curious that there aren't many (if any) liberal /progressive broadcasters on AM radio. My guess is that it does not attract advertisers due to limited "listnership".

Thanks for participating Weaver !

With those names you listed, I'm just going to say 'Fox News' for you.

While I don't listen to any liberal/progressive broadcasters, I'm going to guess their lack of presence on the AM waves is due to evolution.

6 minutes ago, Relichunter2016 said:

Personally I think both sides of the isle are full of it, including so called news sources that favor their horse  in the political game. I have nothing against CNN nor FOX, they both serve their purpose when you finally understand it, it will not bother you as much. I put more credence behind news sources from abroad, many times they have journalist on the ground in areas we do not and all we have is the State Department or Pentagon spoksperson.  Outside of the weather report and sports news everything else is just an interpretation of some agenda driven, commercial supported fake news media. 

I enjoy a good 'Frontline' episode from time to time if that's what you're referring to.

BBC, DW....  

Who else?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Thanks for participating Weaver !

With those names you listed, I'm just going to say 'Fox News' for you.

I do not have their quick link on my desktop, nor have viewed stories bythem in many moons.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

It's laughable that you are more concerned with 'ratings' than content.

Did I say that Luke? Laughable?

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Coronavirus Is Found in Semen of Covid-19 Patients

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-is-found-in-semen-of-covid-19-patients-11588863600

This one opens a can of worms. Didn't some states rule that people infected with AIDS don't have to disclose that to prospective sexual partners?

Edited by Dakota Slim

Japan sending Fujifilm’s flu drug favipiravir to over 40 countries for Covid-19 trials

Since the world might wait years for a coronavirus vaccine, drugs that can mitigate its effects are now in the spotlight. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved Gilead Sciences’ antiviral drug remdesivir as an emergency treatment for Covid-19, the disease caused by the new coronavirus. While remdesivir is intended for the most severe cases, reducing recovery time, U.S. doctors are also testing an influenza drug made by a Japanese photography company amid hopes that it may help a wider range of patients.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/04/fujifilms-flu-drug-favipiravir-sent-to-43-nations-for-covid-19-trials.html

1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

Luke, I use Google to find most of my information, based on the search criteria I enter. I just posted information from 4 different sites that I don't usually read. As for TV, be it broadcast or cable, it is called "pushed" information because it is shoved in your face whether you want it or not. "Pulled" information is information you seek out and willingly bring onto your computer screen by clicking a descriptive link.  

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I enjoy a good 'Frontline' episode from time to time if that's what you're referring to.

BBC, DW....  

Who else?

Luke its exactly what I was referring ..I am grateful today that we can access news from all over the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

So was Diogenes. Basically, he found that it doesn't exist.

2 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Discernment.

2 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Discernment. Skepticism. Life Experience. A liberal education without it being "Liberal" Learn critical thinking. (thinking for oneself) A huge dose of common sense  . . .

Quote: Dont believe anything that you hear (or read), and only half of what you see. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BMc said:

Discernment. Skepticism. Life Experience. A liberal education without it being "Liberal" Learn critical thinking. (thinking for oneself) A huge dose of common sense  . . .

Quote: Dont believe anything that you hear (or read), and only half of what you see. :)

So you can read between the lines....  Congrats :thumbsupanim

2 hours ago, BMc said:

That is some sage advice coming from a guy that believes stone poodles mark Spanish treasure.

:25r30wi:

Where was all this "life experience" and "critical thinking" when you read Kenworthy's book and believed it? Or saw something you didn't understand and came to the conclusion it was aliens from another planet? 

Do you see a pattern developing between the information you are exposed to and the conclusions made? I would say this goes right along with what we are talking about here.

This goes for viruses as well as poodles. We won't even go there with politics but the pattern remains true to form.

6 hours ago, LukeJ said:

The article that Morlock posted states that an American supplier of N95 masks tried several times to get 'the word out' that he could be making masks in the USA.

According to the article, he was ignored.

How is this not what you were talking about?   (In the nicest, unthreatening way I can ask you)

I will be "nice" to you in my response as obviously you have nothing better to do with your time than to post on this thread in this forum and are not working. Me, on the other hand, I have been working 70-80 hours per week and paying income taxes that help to support all the people on unemployment. Working at the risk of bringing home the virus to my wife and 2 kids or to my parents that I provide their weekly needs since they are of the age that it's not recommended to be out in public.

I stated that my response was not political or tied to any administration. My post was not related to n95 masks, but in general to overseas manufacturing and medicines. Morlock posted a link to an article that was biased and aimed at a political administration. I again responded that it's not political. Then you lukej took it there again. So, I ask you, did any states purchase masks from guy in Texas? Did the guy in Texas reach out multiple times to California or New York or New Jersey? Why did the governor of California sign a terrible deal with a chinese manufacturer of N95 masks for $990 million dollars when a guy in Texas can supply them? Why do you support a biased article and not support bringing back jobs to the USA?

Please let me know.

26 minutes ago, matt said:

I will be "nice" to you in my response as obviously you have nothing better to do with your time than to post on this thread in this forum and are not working. Me, on the other hand, I have been working 70-80 hours per week and paying income taxes that help to support all the people on unemployment. Working at the risk of bringing home the virus to my wife and 2 kids or to my parents that I provide their weekly needs since they are of the age that it's not recommended to be out in public.

I just want to say THANK YOU Matt! I got a big check from Uncle Sugar this week and look forward to more in the near future!

:yesss:

Keep up the good work Matt! Guys like you make it all happen!

• Like 1