Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

9 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Do you mean Gallup?

New Mexico is doing well. We have been lucky as well as careful. 

And we are being careful in Gallup too. It is still locked down. As well as the reservation. They are extending the lockdown in coordination with the Navajo Nation.

It is a great example of why the entire nation does not just "get rolling" at once. Where there are hotspots (like the Navajo Nation) things need to close to limit spread. Where things are not so bad (like the rest of the State) things can open up a bit.

You don't have to be uninformed and think "all he'll has broken loose". You can always use Google to select any site with good ratings. They all have accurate news on the situation with the Navajo Nation as well as New Mexico. 

I don't know if you will accept the "facts" from this site but it is where New Mexicans go to get info for our State. You can even view cases by zip code or county. And there is a link to the Navajo Nation so you can learn about what is happening there too.

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/cases-rise-to-2757-on-navajo-nation-88-total-reported-deaths/5723516/?cat=500

https://cvprovider.nmhealth.org/public-dashboard.html

Yes, I meant "Gallup" and I presume you meant "hell". We're good on that part. Sometimes people choose truth over facts and when it comes to this virus, very little has been proven because the data is still rolling in. 

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its been interesting reading this thread. I also believe this country is in trouble but its not the end of the world. Ive spent a ton of time in third world war zones and what always amazed me is I co

Yup all's well that ends (not so) well. We almost pulled out of that nosedive a few times but we finally flew her into that dang mountain of opinions. Good riddance.

Apparently this topic has run it's course and is now locked, no one is really posting any more "Corona Virus Info", most are more concerned in ego conflicts, bashing each other over their political be

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Yes, I meant "Gallup" and I presume you meant "hell". We're good on that part. Sometimes people choose truth over facts and when it comes to this virus, very little has been proven because the data is still rolling in. 

O.K. If you say so Slim.

:idunno:

Here's what I don't get about the statistics being reported for COVID-19. Every year people die. Until this year, they died for a variety of causes and now, in 2020, we have a new cause of death. None of these other causes went away yet all of the focus is on what they are calling COVID-19 deaths.
Here are the stats from 2017. Would anyone care to guess what the overall stats for 2020 will look like?

Mortality experience in 2017
NCHS reports can be downloaded from: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/index.htm.
• In 2017, a total of 2,813,503 resident deaths were registered in the United States, yielding a crude death rate of 863.8 per 100,000 population.
• The age-adjusted death rate, which accounts for the aging of the population, was 731.9 deaths per 100,000 U.S. standard population.
• Life expectancy at birth was 78.6 years.
• The 15 leading causes of death in 2017 were:
1. Diseases of heart (heart disease)
2. Malignant neoplasms (cancer)
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries)
4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases
5. Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke)
6. Alzheimer disease
7. Diabetes mellitus (diabetes)
8. Influenza and pneumonia
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney disease)
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide)
11. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
12. Septicemia
13. Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease (hypertension)
14. Parkinson disease
15. Pneumonitis due to solids and liquids 

All I can say is that when I started this thread I certainly had no idea it would morph into what has transpired.
I guess even at my age I'm a bit naive. But there have been some fits and starts of interesting information
amidst the trash flinging.

Now that the country is just fine to reopen, can't wait to see what happens next.

keep it nice folks we really are in this together like it or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

1. Diseases of heart (heart disease)
2. Malignant neoplasms (cancer)
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries)
4. Chronic lower respiratory diseases
5. Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke)
6. Alzheimer disease
7. Diabetes mellitus (diabetes)
8. Influenza and pneumonia
9. Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney disease)
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide)
11. Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
12. Septicemia
13. Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease (hypertension)
14. Parkinson disease
15. Pneumonitis due to solids and liquids 

Well hopefully when it's all 'over', Covid19 will only rank in the seventh position.

It's still early yet.  Keep your fingers crossed.  :fl:

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

• Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173
1 hour ago, FlakMagnet said:

All I can say is that when I started this thread I certainly had no idea it would morph into what has transpired.
I guess even at my age I'm a bit naive. But there have been some fits and starts of interesting information

Now that the country is just fine to reopen, can't wait to see what happens next.

Yes, let's try to keep that in mind.

1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

Well hopefully when it's all 'over', Covid19 will only rank in the seventh position.

It's still early yet.  Keep your fingers crossed.  :fl:

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:

• Heart disease: 647,457
  • Cancer: 599,108
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
  • Diabetes: 83,564
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 55,672
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis: 50,633
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Luke

I really think that line is blurred. What the true numbers are have been monetarily tainted by those entities that will benefit from the numbers. 

• wow 1

I would challenge each of you on the thread to list the actual people you know that have been infected for this reason
The numbers are screwed and we are being manipulated by the media and those of us that have a reduced sense of reality are in parallel 

I know seven who have been sick and tested positive. I don't know how many of my friends and family are infected. Only two have been able to get tested. They were negative.

Now I would challenge you to explain what you mean by "a reduced sense of reality".

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fishing8046 said:

Luke

I really think that line is blurred. What the true numbers are have been monetarily tainted by those entities that will benefit from the numbers. 

Those are CDC numbers Bob.  From 2017, to coincide with the info that Slim produced.

Over 78 thousand deaths in the US, so far.   517 in Arizona.

What's blurry?

Which entities?

How will they benefit from wrecking the economy?

Edited by LukeJ
Last time we 'spoke' there were 3 deaths in Az. Remember?
  • Like 3

I see economic opportunity in this thing.

Already there are people positioning themselves to buy and market local meat and produce. And smaller farms are planting food crops and selling bedding plants. Restaraunts are selling meal kits and bulk ingredients. The local distillery is making hand sanitizer. Craftsmen are installing sneeze guards at retail stores and remodeling office space to allow distancing.

Many small businesses are booming. The food trucks in my community are a gold mine. 

Construction never stopped. Service businesses are booming. Most crews never slowed down. At least not yet.

I put the crafts business on hold to make masks. Business boomed during the shutdown. Now things are opening up it is crazy.  I had to hire help to keep up. So the situation could be worse.

This is going to be an opportunity to change a lot. And we need to change a lot. Recovery will be driven by those who see opportunity in change.

I don't see it going back to the way it was. Many businesses arent coming back.  Our behaviors will also change and that will reshape business. Our health care system will change. The way we interact will change. 

We must adapt to this brave new world. This virus has shown us just how fragile our society really is. Now that a big chunk of our economy is gone we will rise to the occasion and fill that gap with something better. 

• Like 1
On 3/14/2020 at 8:09 AM, Morlock said:

. There is a vaccine undergoing lab trials but it'll be a year or so before it's available...if it works.

2 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

I will just depend on my immunesystem, thankyou.......

Not a one : INcluding my 81yr old mom.  25 miles away. She got  some snuffles   ,a couple months back, but that was it.

Going over to visit Sunday on Mom"s Day.

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli
27 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I see economic opportunity in this thing.

Already there are people positioning themselves to buy and market local meat and produce. And smaller farms are planting food crops and selling bedding plants. Restaraunts are selling meal kits and bulk ingredients. The local distillery is making hand sanitizer. Craftsmen are installing sneeze guards at retail stores and remodeling office space to allow distancing.

Many small businesses are booming. The food trucks in my community are a gold mine. 

Construction never stopped. Service businesses are booming. Most crews never slowed down. At least not yet.

I put the crafts business on hold to make masks. Business boomed during the shutdown. Now things are opening up it is crazy.  I had to hire help to keep up. So the situation could be worse.

This is going to be an opportunity to change a lot. And we need to change a lot. Recovery will be driven by those who see opportunity in change.

I don't see it going back to the way it was. Many businesses arent coming back.  Our behaviors will also change and that will reshape business. Our health care system will change. The way we interact will change. 

We must adapt to this brave new world. This virus has shown us just how fragile our society really is. Now that a big chunk of our economy is gone we will rise to the occasion and fill that gap with something better. 

The ONLY change that makes life better here in the USA is manufacturing coming back to our country! Our medicines being made in the USA and not China. Our intellectual advancements not being stolen by a communist nation. I HOPE THINGS CHANGE A LOT! FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THIS COUNTRY! Industry brings jobs. Manufacturing brings jobs. Opportunity in change will be bringing back jobs that will be much needed here.

Edited by matt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1
48 minutes ago, matt said:

The ONLY change that makes life better here in the USA is manufacturing coming back to our country! Our medicines being made in the USA and not China. Our intellectual advancements not being stolen by a communist nation. I HOPE THINGS CHANGE A LOT! FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THIS COUNTRY! Industry brings jobs. Manufacturing brings jobs. Opportunity in change will be bringing back jobs that will be much needed here.

I agree with your sentiment.  But manufacturing is not the ONLY thing that needs to change.  It would be a good start, but not the only thing.

• well done 1

Here is a topical question: which is more important in fighting corona virus, antibodies or t-cells?

Want to bump this, it's an interesting informational question with regard to the original topic.

• well done 1

Here is a topical question: which is more important in fighting corona virus, antibodies or t-cells?

Today it is t-cells. There is no guarantee that we can mount an immune response at all. And if we do there is no indication how long. The virus eating t-cells seems to be the immediate problem.

A person might drill one layer deeper and ask if t-cells or modifying our behavior is more important.

Biological defenses are secondary. We have the power to avoid contracting the virus by taking appropriate precautions.

We don't need a cure for mesothelioma if we don't breathe asbestos. We don't need a treatment for addiction if we don't take drugs. And we don't need a vaccine if we wear a mask and keep the hell away from each other. 

If our first line of defense (behavior) fails we need to be able to fight the disease naturally (t--cells). If that fails we need effective treatments (remdesivir). A vaccine will be a good thing if it is safe and will work. But at this snapshot in time our only tools to deal with this virus are the tools God gave us. The same tools we have always used to survive.

That is all we really need. Good health and enough sense to behave in a way we won't get sick. The entire planet has already figured this out. We are still learning and our inexperience is showing. These lessons seem very difficult for us. 

Nature is a cruel teacher. The lesson will continue until we learn. 

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Lava su Manos y tapate la Boca pendejos!
  • well done 1
8 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Good health and enough sense to behave in a way we won't get sick. The entire planet has already figured this out. We are still learning and our inexperience is showing. These lessons seem very difficult for us. 

Nature is a cruel teacher. The lesson will continue until we learn. 

Are you saying that the entire planet -- except us here in the US -- has this figured out?

Coronavirus up to 100 times more infectious through eyes, airways than SARS: report

The eyes are a key point of infection for the novel coronavirus, a team of Hong Kong researchers said this week, detailing how the disease has higher rates of transmissibility through the eyes and airways when compared to H5N1, or the bird flu, and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-more-infectious-eyes-airways-sars

Coronavirus not expected to peak in world's poorest countries for 3 to 6 months, UN says

A new report published Thursday by the United Nations' Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said the "peak of coronavirus in the world's poorest countries is not expected until some point over the next three to six months."

The report is an update to the U.N.'s plan to deal with the pandemic, including the World Health Organization (WHO) and other humanitarian agencies.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-peak-poorest-countries-months-united-nations/

22 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

That comes out of msn's politics section. The virus is everywhere. Everybody knows that. 
As Trump says at the end of the article, "I'm not worried. But you know, look, I get things done. I don't worry about things. I do what I have to do," he said. "We've taken very strong precautions at the White House. But again, we're dealing with an invisible situation. Nobody knows."

18 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

Who said this country is just fine to reopen? 20 to 30,000 people are coming down with this virus (that they know of) and about 2,000 people a day are dying. 
If the country doesn't reopen there will be bigger problems in many people's opinion.

Edited by Dakota Slim