Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

As for the situation  in Gallup , ,,,

I think  there are too many, fat, diabetic,hypertensive  poor indians  that dont know the importance of Vit D.

...and have a limited supplyof fresh veggies.

GET SOME SUN!

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its been interesting reading this thread. I also believe this country is in trouble but its not the end of the world. Ive spent a ton of time in third world war zones and what always amazed me is I co

Yup all's well that ends (not so) well. We almost pulled out of that nosedive a few times but we finally flew her into that dang mountain of opinions. Good riddance.

Apparently this topic has run it's course and is now locked, no one is really posting any more "Corona Virus Info", most are more concerned in ego conflicts, bashing each other over their political be

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

My how time flies. I knew I had read this post, and recently mentioned it, but I stumble onto it just now.

Timing is everything . . . isn't it?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

More personal observations and cute little names?

Once again you show that you don't know how this game is played!

Once again I won't stoop to your level. 

San Pedro tea does contain the alkaloid mescaline. You can come to whatever conclusions you like. And you can make any judgements that suit you based on that tiny scrap of knowledge.

Just remember that you are basing any assumptions or judgements on complete ignorance of the subject. And I am basing mine on experience. 

If you would like to discuss it further we can do that. But you are going to have to give up your judgements and stop the childish name calling.

Oh, you've stooped that level, many a time. Whether it is calling me

" swellbelly"

( I would like to drop 30 pounds down to 180)) ,

...or insinuating that complaining about the current situation is unpatriotic, you have been there at the front throwing invective and inuendo about. That is how you got your.moniker , "Master Conundrum".

Ifyou wouldlike to call a truce, and reel it back, so be it.

28 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

The disease spread on the reservation Slim. Not within the State. 

On the rez things are different. No the guidelines set by the Navajo Nation were not followed. And in many cases nearly impossible. 

Once a month on the first of the month the town of Gallup is busy. The folks from the rez come to town. As I explained earlier there are very few resources on the rez. The resources are in town.

1/3 of the cases in the entire state are on the rez. They only acount for a tiny fraction of the State population. So the infection rate is very high. Higher than anywhere except New York and New Jersey (please refer to your stats. We went over that yesterday)

The towns around the rez consequently have high infection rates too. They must interact with this highly infected population.

That is why it has little to do with the State guidelines and if they are being followed. And more about the situation on the rez where things are much more complicated.

They closed Gallup as well as the rez. This is to try and avoid the rush of infected people from the rez flooding the town on the first of the month.

Lots of people in Gallup are terrified what will happen on the first of the month. Some were acting foolishly. The leadership of the county, city and the Navajo Nation requested the Governor step in and close the town completely. She did. For three days.

This forestalled the inevitable influx of many infected people to the town of Gallup until Monday. What will happen then is anyones guess. The State and Navajo Nation leaders are trying to develop a better plan between now and then.

Is there any other great mysteries or disconnects that you would like clarified?

It is plain you are trying to find something to take issue with Slim. You just want to make trouble. You are not quite smart enough to figure out how so you hang on little details that dont make sense to you and want me to explain it. Why dont you just Google it and read a few articles about it rather than try to create friction with something I posted over a month ago?

You arent fooling anyone but yourself Slim. Just chill out a bit and stop trying to cause trouble.

Actually, there is a mystery you could clarify. Who is the "elephant in the room" you referred to?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Good advice David! I will remember it!

4 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

A few years back I worked as a construction manager for a NASA contractor. They sent me to Houston (Webster) to build a big office complex for the rocket scientists.

While I was there the flu was going around. Everyone was getting it. I was stuck in Texas where they have no idea what chile is. This New Mexico boy needed capsicum in massive doses and I could not find it anywhere. 

There was a Vietnamese kitchen just around the block from the site. I dropped in for a bowl of that badass soup. I was sitting there wishing I was having chiles rellenos when the lady brought out a big bowl of peppers and a bottle of Sriracha.

For the next three weeks I hit that joint every day. I told them I wanted it hot and why. They piled those jalapenos on and I would hose it down with Sriracha. 

More than half of us got the flu. But I sidestepped that whole scene with hot chile. 

In New Mexico hot green Chile stew is known to prevent and cure colds and flu. And many red peppers are medicinal.The ones that make you sweat are excellent remedy for colds and flu. When I could not find anything that resembled chile the Pho Kitchen saved the day. They know exactly how important those particular plants are to good health.

I think chile is good prevention too. Chop a habanero for salsa first thing in the morning and never worry about touching your face all day. 

Websites with excellent ratings say that hot green chile and strong red Chile sauce reduce covid 19 deaths by 83.7%. And reduce transmission by 64.3%. Hot red chile is also being studied as a theraputic snuff for those who believe covid 19 is a hoax. Several right wing websites with excellent ratings say dusting your crotch with hot ground Chile powder will prevent heat rash. And Breitbart just released a report that says hot green chile in the eyes will prevent widespread Republican losses to covid 19 this fall.

A few years back I worked as a construction manager for a NASA contractor. They sent me to Houston (Webster) to build a big office complex for the rocket scientists.

While I was there the flu was going around. Everyone was getting it. I was stuck in Texas where they have no idea what chile is. This New Mexico boy needed capsicum in massive doses and I could not find it anywhere. 

There was a Vietnamese kitchen just around the block from the site. I dropped in for a bowl of that badass soup. I was sitting there wishing I was having chiles rellenos when the lady brought out a big bowl of peppers and a bottle of Sriracha.

For the next three weeks I hit that joint every day. I told them I wanted it hot and why. They piled those jalapenos on and I would hose it down with Sriracha. 

More than half of us got the flu. But I sidestepped that whole scene with hot chile. 

In New Mexico hot green Chile stew is known to prevent and cure colds and flu. And many red peppers are medicinal.The ones that make you sweat are excellent remedy for colds and flu. When I could not find anything that resembled chile the Pho Kitchen saved the day. They know exactly how important those particular plants are to good health.

I think chile is good prevention too. Chop a habanero for salsa first thing in the morning and never worry about touching your face all day. 

Websites with excellent ratings say that hot green chile and strong red Chile sauce reduce covid 19 deaths by 83.7%. And reduce transmission by 64.3%. Hot red chile is also being studied as a theraputic snuff for those who believe covid 19 is a hoax. Several right wing websites with excellent ratings say dusting your crotch with hot ground Chile powder will prevent heat rash. And Breitbart just released a report that says hot green chile in the eyes will prevent widespread Republican losses to covid 19 this fall.

"I was stuck in Texas where they have no idea what chile is"

The Mexicans do. They just don't share it much with the gringo tejanos . . .

i love coffee. But in stressful times it affects my appetite and my sleep. One cup in the morning was all it took to negatively affect these routines.

Back before i had my hernia mesh removed I switched to decaf. What a difference! I ate like a baby and slept like a horse.

I ran out of decaf and could only find "half caf". I have one cup every morning and it is too much. The appetite gets weak and the sleep is nowhere near as solid.

Caffeine is a powerful alkaloid that really affects some people. I could not imagine drinking ten cups a day. It would definitely cause big problems for me.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Actually, there is a mystery you could clarify. Who is the "elephant in the room" you referred to?

19 minutes ago, BMc said:

"I was stuck in Texas where they have no idea what chile is"

The Mexicans do. They just don't share it much with the gringo tejanos . . .

25 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Oh, you've stooped that level, many a time. Whether it is calling me

" swellbelly"

( I would like to drop 30 pounds down to 180)) ,

...or insinuating that complaining about the current situation is unpatriotic, you have been there at the front throwing invective and inuendo about. That is how you got your.moniker , "Master Conundrum".

Ifyou wouldlike to call a truce, and reel it back, so be it.

:pop:

Edited by Bedrock Bob
Everywhere I go I leave a trail of broken hearts.
27 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

i love coffee. But in stressful times it affects my appetite and my sleep. One cup in the morning was all it took to negatively affect these routines.

Back before i had my hernia mesh removed I switched to decaf. What a difference! I ate like a baby and slept like a horse.

I ran out of decaf and could only find "half caf". I have one cup every morning and it is too much. The appetite gets weak and the sleep is nowhere near as solid.

Caffeine is a powerful alkaloid that really affects some people. I could not imagine drinking ten cups a day. It would definitely cause big problems for me.

I drink several cups of it hot in the morning, and cold during the day. Cold brew is "bold and smooth" and doesn't bother me or keep me from sleeping. Could be because of all the supplements that I take and use the coffee as a chaser . . .

7 minutes ago, BMc said:

I drink several cups of it hot in the morning, and cold during the day. Cold brew is "bold and smooth" and doesn't bother me or keep me from sleeping. Could be because of all the supplements that I take and use the coffee as a chaser . . .

I drink it all day and used to stay up late playing cribbage with a good friend, all the while drinking it hot and black. I've never had a problem going to sleep. I have a battered and beat up 50 year old Stanley thermos that keeps it hot for hours. Since the isolation started, I need to refill the thermos more than once a day. Haven't had to do that for a long time.  

• Like 1

Former President George W. Bush released a video today calling for us to unite during this pandemic. 
In part he says:
""Let us remember how small our differences are in the face of this shared threat," the former president said in a video posted Saturday. "In the final analysis, we are not partisan combatants -- we are human beings, equally vulnerable and equally wonderful in the sight of God. We rise or fall together and we are determined to rise. God bless you all."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/george-w-bush-unite-coronavirus

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

I drink it all day and used to stay up late playing cribbage with a good friend, all the while drinking it hot and black. I've never had a problem going to sleep. I have a battered and beat up 50 year old Stanley thermos that keeps it hot for hours. Since the isolation started, I need to refill the thermos more than once a day. Haven't had to do that for a long time.  

"hot and black" "Just the way I like my women ", or at least that's the way the old joke used to go. I've got one of those Stanley's too Slim, battered and beat up ain't the half of it!! 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

Former President George W. Bush released a video today calling for us to unite during this pandemic. 
In part he says:
""Let us remember how small our differences are in the face of this shared threat," the former president said in a video posted Saturday. "In the final analysis, we are not partisan combatants -- we are human beings, equally vulnerable and equally wonderful in the sight of God. We rise or fall together and we are determined to rise. God bless you all."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/george-w-bush-unite-coronavirus

I always liked G.W. ...

We could sure use a guy like him in times like these.

:4chsmu1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1
12 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I always liked G.W. ...

We could sure use a guy like him in times like these.

:4chsmu1:

You know Bob, you can go to hell for lying, same as you can for stealing . . . but, just curious, who would you choose? One word answer will do. No politics please. Personal insults and rejoinder are fine, we're on the same page with that . . .

4 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

95664815_10221010776046796_8685235342158069760_n.jpg

Correction, por favor. Why is it that the guys who do this type of stuff, always seem to misspell? And the "s" is not even close to the "t" , , ,? No se.  

If a covid 19 vaccine is wortg 1 trillion dollars what is a prostate cancer vaccine worth ?

12 billion dollars

• Like 1
9 hours ago, BMc said:

You know Bob, you can go to hell for lying, same as you can for stealing . . . but, just curious, who would you choose? One word answer will do. No politics please. Personal insults and rejoinder are fine, we're on the same page with that . . .

Who would I choose? What exactly do you mean? Between Trump and GW?

I have worked over 50+ hours this pass week and I looked forward to having at least one relaxing day before work again tomorrow.....but it appears that's not going to happen after reading the last several pages of this topic!

ANOTHER WORD OF WARNING.....

Stop posting political content and stop name calling/attacking each other and posting innuendos on what others have posted!!

This a good topic and I don't want to lock it again, PLEASE post only corona virus info, and if you didn't post the info take it as you will if it applies to you or not but don't pick it apart just to satisfy your own agenda or opinions!!!

I would also suggest that you don't reply if it seems that someone is trying to bait you into a confrontation, it's a "catch 22" situation and it will never end!! 

• Like 2
  • well done 2

Who would I choose? What exactly do you mean? Between Trump and GW?

Just to clarify and to answer your question: No, I wasn't talking about politics at all and not necessarily a choice between presidents. Just wondering who or what type of model stands out in your opinion as a good leadership role model, if there is one.

I personally am biased on the side of military leaders who are trained in principles of leadership, and who have experience in making tough decisions (for example) I also wasn't trying to name call or insult with any of the above. It's just a old saying intended to be humorous that I grew up with. I guess I should have added a smiley face to show humorous intent . So here's one for yesterday, :) and one for today :).

16 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

As for the situation  in Gallup , ,,,

I think  there are too many, fat, diabetic,hypertensive  poor indians  that dont know the importance of Vit D.

...and have a limited supplyof fresh veggies.

GET SOME SUN!

A lot of factors have contributed to the condition of Native Americans living on the reservations today. A lack of vitamin D may be one. Reliance on government handouts certainly has to rank near the top.  

6 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

A lot of factors have contributed to the condition of Native Americans living on the reservations today. A lack of vitamin D may be one. Reliance on government handouts certainly has to rank near the top.  

Do you have any personal experience with the situation on the rez?

In ways it is very similar to border issues. It is very complex. There is no good or bad or right or wrong where policy is concerned. It is a very complex and difficult situation. The policies and decisions that have been made always tear at both ends of the problem. 

People from afar can opine on why the rez is what it is. People that have any direct experience with it tend to stray away from assumptions like that.

There are many critics but no one is offering any logical solutions. Very few know enough about it to form an opinion. And even the experts are unable to come up with any real solutions.

Nutrition, jobs and infrastructure are certainly big problems on the rez. Those are compounded by a whole lot of other problems that interconnect. Forming any opinion about what works and what does not is an exercise in pretending.

• well done 1