Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

FlakMagnet

3 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

When I prepared for sickness I included Gatorade, a case of canned juices, and 20 gallons of pure water. That would be as important as a thermometer and a supply of Tylenol when fighting the virus.

All except for the gatorade which has a ton of sugar in it. (sugar is a gateway to illnesses of all kinds - which I figure you know),
Look up "Hydrant" a rapid hydration mix. It's not expensive it's well thought out and from experience, it works.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Master Conundrum says he doesn't drink- but he trips on mescaline...

awllll righhhty then....

More personal observations and cute little names?

Once again you show that you don't know how this game is played!

Once again I won't stoop to your level. 

San Pedro tea does contain the alkaloid mescaline. You can come to whatever conclusions you like. And you can make any judgements that suit you based on that tiny scrap of knowledge.

Just remember that you are basing any assumptions or judgements on complete ignorance of the subject. And I am basing mine on experience. 

If you would like to discuss it further we can do that. But you are going to have to give up your judgements and stop the childish name calling.

12 minutes ago, FlakMagnet said:

All except for the gatorade which has a ton of sugar in it. (sugar is a gateway to illnesses of all kinds - which I figure you know),
Look up "Hydrant" a rapid hydration mix. It's not expensive it's well thought out and from experience, it works.

I figured the sugar would give some calories back the fever stole.

I don't drink it or any other sugary drink. Only pure water and ice tea. Once in a while in the summer I'll drink a non- soda type sugar drink or fruit juice. But water is generally my only liquid.

I figured if I was sick and drinking more than I ate the Gatorade would be a good option. 

1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Ever cooked anything with Bitter Melon? To say it is an acquired  taste is an understatement... much interesting  data on its anticancer properties. 

Easy to grow, just need a trellis, sun water znd some soil to grow....and you learn to like the bitterness contrasted with other components in a soupor stew

My mother-in-law makes this bitter melon soup.  I didn't care for it much at first.  But I've 'acquired' the taste for it now.  Often when I'm eating some 'strange' food at her house I wonder about all the unknown benefits from foods whose names don't have an English translation.

https://www.vickypham.com/blog/stuffed-bitter-melon-soup

009.jpg

Edited by LukeJ
added an online picture of a meal we've had many times
  • Like 2
  • well done 1

33 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

My mother-in-law makes this bitter melon soup.  I didn't care for it much at first.  But I've 'acquired' the taste for it now.  Often when I'm eating some 'strange' food at her house I wonder about all the unknown benefits from foods whose names don't have an English translation.

https://www.vickypham.com/blog/stuffed-bitter-melon-soup

A few years back I worked as a construction manager for a NASA contractor. They sent me to Houston (Webster) to build a big office complex for the rocket scientists.

While I was there the flu was going around. Everyone was getting it. I was stuck in Texas where they have no idea what chile is. This New Mexico boy needed capsicum in massive doses and I could not find it anywhere. 

There was a Vietnamese kitchen just around the block from the site. I dropped in for a bowl of that badass soup. I was sitting there wishing I was having chiles rellenos when the lady brought out a big bowl of peppers and a bottle of Sriracha.

For the next three weeks I hit that joint every day. I told them I wanted it hot and why. They piled those jalapenos on and I would hose it down with Sriracha. 

More than half of us got the flu. But I sidestepped that whole scene with hot chile. 

In New Mexico hot green Chile stew is known to prevent and cure colds and flu. And many red peppers are medicinal.The ones that make you sweat are excellent remedy for colds and flu. When I could not find anything that resembled chile the Pho Kitchen saved the day. They know exactly how important those particular plants are to good health.

I think chile is good prevention too. Chop a habanero for salsa first thing in the morning and never worry about touching your face all day. 

Websites with excellent ratings say that hot green chile and strong red Chile sauce reduce covid 19 deaths by 83.7%. And reduce transmission by 64.3%. Hot red chile is also being studied as a theraputic snuff for those who believe covid 19 is a hoax. Several right wing websites with excellent ratings say dusting your crotch with hot ground Chile powder will prevent heat rash. And Breitbart just released a report that says hot green chile in the eyes will prevent widespread Republican losses to covid 19 this fall.

• Like 2
  • wow 1

On 3/11/2020 at 9:06 AM, Bedrock Bob said:

That is great info David. Thanks!

In New Mexico we have not had a case diagnosed yet. The State DOH has a very good plan on how to monitor the spread of the virus. Folks are getting smart about it and beginning to defend themselves. Our local leaders are making plans that make sense (so far). Real information is working its way to the people despite the elephant in the room. 

We are lucky to have a little time to learn and prepare before we start seeing cases. And since the H1N1 outbreak we have had plans in place for pandemics at the State and (most) local levels. So I think we are as prepared for this as we can be.

The sick and elderly are who we are helping by washing our hands and coughing into a handkerchief. 

My how time flies. I knew I had read this post, and recently mentioned it, but I stumble onto it just now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I figured if I was sick and drinking more than I ate the Gatorade would be a good option. 

Gatorade has too much sugar and when you're sick, that's exactly the time where sugar is like gasoline on a fire.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

I do take a one-a-day multivitamin/multimineral men's supplement.

The thing is Slim, everyone has a different physical make-up. What works for you, works for you. There are many people who need to supplement their dietary intake for various reasons and the beneficial difference can be dramatic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FlakMagnet said:

The thing is Slim, everyone has a different physical make-up. What works for you, works for you. There are many people who need to supplement their dietary intake for various reasons and the beneficial difference can be dramatic.

Good point David. The same holds true for medications but every medication has side effects. One of the meds I've been taking for several years was just pulled off the market because it has been deemed to cause cancer. And apparently it's in all states, not just CA.

29 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Good point David. The same holds true for medications but every medication has side effects. One of the meds I've been taking for several years was just pulled off the market because it has been deemed to cause cancer. And apparently it's in all states, not just CA.

You get heartburn Slim?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Just a word of 'warning' with regards to taking supplements.

Remember that your liver and kidneys have to filter all that stuff out at some point.

If you are taking a lot of supplements, make sure you are drinking enough water.

None of us drink enough water.

Look up Milk Thistle/European Milk Thistle specifically, (best) I take several supplements for liver/kidney function.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I guess because everyone has there  own  connotation  of the word.

To me, the typical hypochondriac  runs to the doctor  for every little ailment.

You r typical doctor doesn't prescribe  supplements.

What's the best emoji to signal, Hey, I'm exaggerating, just joking, pulling your leg,etc? Yeah, doctors generally don't recognize anything supplemental,  except maybe supplemental income, Big Pharma anyone? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

My how time flies. I knew I had read this post, and recently mentioned it, but I stumble onto it just now.

Do you have an issue with it? Is something incorrect? 

On March 11 we didn't have a confirmed case yet. :idunno: The first was March 12 I believe. 

Where's the disconnect for you Slim? Is there some point you would like to make? Some bone you"d like to pick? Some dark conspiracy you would like to expose?

31 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

You get heartburn Slim?

I had heartburn for years. Always carried Rolaids with me. Then I started having acid reflux and learned it was due to a hiatus hernia. Have been taking Omeprazole (Prilosec) along with Ranitidine (Zantac) for about 5 years and have had no problems at all. On April 1st, the FDA banned ranitidine:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced it is requesting manufacturers withdraw all prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) ranitidine drugs from the market immediately. This is the latest step in an ongoing investigation of a contaminant known as N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in ranitidine medications (commonly known by the brand name Zantac). The agency has determined that the impurity in some ranitidine products increases over time and when stored at higher than room temperatures and may result in consumer exposure to unacceptable levels of this impurity. As a result of this immediate market withdrawal request, ranitidine products will not be available for new or existing prescriptions or OTC use in the U.S.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-requests-removal-all-ranitidine-products-zantac-market

One of my best old friends made it on the cover of the Washington Post. This photo is all over the internet.

This is Chris Bishop. I have known him since he was about 8 years old. 

_112053965_gettyimages-1211398264 (1).jpg

He finally made a name for himself in the Michigan protests today.:nutty:

• wow 1

35 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Do you have an issue with it? Is something incorrect? 

On March 11 we didn't have a confirmed case yet. :idunno: The first was March 12 I believe. 

Where's the disconnect for you Slim? Is there some point you would like to make? Some bone you"d like to pick? Some dark conspiracy you would like to expose?

I guess my point was apparently the people who you said were "getting smart about it and beginning to defend themselves" on March 11 forgot and stopped defending themselves. 

12 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

I guess my point was apparently the people who you said were "getting smart about it and beginning to defend themselves" on March 11 forgot and stopped defending themselves. 

No. Not really. I wouldn't say that at all.

Why would you think that? Our numbers are pretty good in comparison to most States. What we are doing is working well. Not everyone is on board but most people are.

You do realize the rez is not the State don't you? 

You are just trying to find some detail wrong with something I posted. Why dont you quit being a fool and engage in a healthy conversation Slim?

44 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

I had heartburn for years. Always carried Rolaids with me. Then I started having acid reflux and learned it was due to a hiatus hernia. Have been taking Omeprazole (Prilosec) along with Ranitidine (Zantac) for about 5 years and have had no problems at all. On April 1st, the FDA banned ranitidine:

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced it is requesting manufacturers withdraw all prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) ranitidine drugs from the market immediately. This is the latest step in an ongoing investigation of a contaminant known as N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) in ranitidine medications (commonly known by the brand name Zantac). The agency has determined that the impurity in some ranitidine products increases over time and when stored at higher than room temperatures and may result in consumer exposure to unacceptable levels of this impurity. As a result of this immediate market withdrawal request, ranitidine products will not be available for new or existing prescriptions or OTC use in the U.S.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-requests-removal-all-ranitidine-products-zantac-market

That's why I asked.  :)

And now that I think of it....    Have you tried cutting down on your 'ten cups of coffee per day' to try to help the heartburn? 

I'm no doc, but I'd bet they have something to do with each other.

Edited by LukeJ
10 cups of covfefe !!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

No. Not really. I wouldn't say that at all.

Why would you think that? Our numbers are pretty good in comparison to most States. What we are doing is working well. Not everyone is on board but most people are.

You do realize the rez is not the State don't you? 

You are just trying to find some detail wrong with something I posted. Why dont you quit being a fool and engage in a healthy conversation Slim?

I was engaging in a healthy conversation Bob. At least I thought I was. I am also praying for the people in NM as well as the rest of the world. I was just wondering what happened between the time people were smart and defending themselves and when they shut down the rez and the city of Gallop. Were the mediation guidelines followed? If so, it would appear those guidelines are inadequate. What should be done differently?
I'm just trying to figure out what's really going on out there as well as everywhere else. Since you follow the local news I thought you might know. Calling me a fool is counterproductive and uncalled for. 

44 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

That's why I asked.  :)

And now that I think of it....    Have you tried cutting down on your 'ten cups of coffee per day' to try to help the heartburn? 

I'm no doc, but I'd bet they have something to do with each other.

I'm sure the coffee has something to do with it Luke but the hernia is the major problem. Regardless, I haven't had a problem since I started these meds. I'll try going with just omeprazole and see what happens.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

I was engaging in a healthy conversation Bob. At least I thought I was. I am also praying for the people in NM as well as the rest of the world. I was just wondering what happened between the time people were smart and defending themselves and when they shut down the rez and the city of Gallop. Were the mediation guidelines followed? If so, it would appear those guidelines are inadequate. What should be done differently?
I'm just trying to figure out what's really going on out there as well as everywhere else. Since you follow the local news I thought you might know. Calling me a fool is counterproductive and uncalled for. 

The disease spread on the reservation Slim. Not within the State. 

On the rez things are different. No the guidelines set by the Navajo Nation were not followed. And in many cases nearly impossible. 

Once a month on the first of the month the town of Gallup is busy. The folks from the rez come to town. As I explained earlier there are very few resources on the rez. The resources are in town.

1/3 of the cases in the entire state are on the rez. They only acount for a tiny fraction of the State population. So the infection rate is very high. Higher than anywhere except New York and New Jersey (please refer to your stats. We went over that yesterday)

The towns around the rez consequently have high infection rates too. They must interact with this highly infected population.

That is why it has little to do with the State guidelines and if they are being followed. And more about the situation on the rez where things are much more complicated.

They closed Gallup as well as the rez. This is to try and avoid the rush of infected people from the rez flooding the town on the first of the month.

Lots of people in Gallup are terrified what will happen on the first of the month. Some were acting foolishly. The leadership of the county, city and the Navajo Nation requested the Governor step in and close the town completely. She did. For three days.

This forestalled the inevitable influx of many infected people to the town of Gallup until Monday. What will happen then is anyones guess. The State and Navajo Nation leaders are trying to develop a better plan between now and then.

Is there any other great mysteries or disconnects that you would like clarified?

It is plain you are trying to find something to take issue with Slim. You just want to make trouble. You are not quite smart enough to figure out how so you hang on little details that dont make sense to you and want me to explain it. Why dont you just Google it and read a few articles about it rather than try to create friction with something I posted over a month ago?

You arent fooling anyone but yourself Slim. Just chill out a bit and stop trying to cause trouble.