Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

FlakMagnet

Luke said in response to supplemental vitamins,

," no more than you would get in good food..."

‐‐--------------------------------------------

Anyone workin on there suntan, then?

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Personally, I never stopped,"stepping outside".   Shop everyday , sometimes to just "audit" what is available  here in San Diego.

Screwing the economy,  like we are, is wrecking people"s lives, destroying businesses,putting people on the street, bankrupting people , driving up rates of addiction, suicide, mental illness,and death by other causes.

Martial law can take a hike.

.....And that's where we get back to the point that more could have been done sooner.  Should have been done sooner.

It's almost like it was 'allowed to fester' to create a situation where 'they' would have leverage over 'us'.

Who's in charge right now?

The most powerful country in the world was 'powerless' to stop this virus from wrecking it's economy. 

Even if we had stopped it in America, how would the rest of the world be fairing?  The global economy would still be hurting.

It's been great chatting with you Weaver.

I'm going to go outside and work on my suntan.

Have a good one !!  :thumbsupanim

36 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I agree with not being the guinea pig.   But someone has to.  Any volunteers? 

My wife just got back from going to get tested.  She has had a nagging cough for the last month and a half.  Usually it's 'seasonal' and could be allergy related.  Our family has been here 'locked down' since March 16th when I got back from Gold Basin (skunked).  We have been observing the 'rules' and I have been the one to leave the house to go pick up groceries we ordered online.  As far as I can tell there is no way my wife's test could come up positive for Covid19.

Unless....   The week before I went to GB, my son had 'a cold' that weekend and stayed home from school on Monday.  By Thursday, I was starting to 'have a cold', but didn't want to cancel GB.  So I went anyways, kept my distance from my friend and figured I'd come home early if I started feeling really bad.  Woke up those mornings, hacked some boogers, took some Day-quil, and carried on.  When I got home, my wife told me that my daughter was sick with 'a cold' while I was gone.  We all recovered 'normally' and everyone is fine now.  Except for my wife's cough.

It's not likely, but I'm hoping her test comes up positive.  If she is, then we probably are as well.  If we only got 'that sick', then I can feel a little better knowing that my wife and kids probably won't get sick and die.  Since we have been following the rules, it's almost impossible we've spread it to anyone else, if we do turn out to be infected.

Not likely, but possible.  We'll know in a couple days.

I'll be praying for you and your family Luke.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I agree with not being the guinea pig.   But someone has to.  Any volunteers? 

My wife just got back from going to get tested.  She has had a nagging cough for the last month and a half.  Usually it's 'seasonal' and could be allergy related.  Our family has been here 'locked down' since March 16th when I got back from Gold Basin (skunked).  We have been observing the 'rules' and I have been the one to leave the house to go pick up groceries we ordered online.  As far as I can tell there is no way my wife's test could come up positive for Covid19.

Unless....   The week before I went to GB, my son had 'a cold' that weekend and stayed home from school on Monday.  By Thursday, I was starting to 'have a cold', but didn't want to cancel GB.  So I went anyways, kept my distance from my friend and figured I'd come home early if I started feeling really bad.  Woke up those mornings, hacked some boogers, took some Day-quil, and carried on.  When I got home, my wife told me that my daughter was sick with 'a cold' while I was gone.  We all recovered 'normally' and everyone is fine now.  Except for my wife's cough.

It's not likely, but I'm hoping her test comes up positive.  If she is, then we probably are as well.  If we only got 'that sick', then I can feel a little better knowing that my wife and kids probably won't get sick and die.  Since we have been following the rules, it's almost impossible we've spread it to anyone else, if we do turn out to be infected.

Not likely, but possible.  We'll know in a couple days.

Not many people are aware of this, but less that 50% of mushroom species on this planet have ever been tested to see if they are safe to eat. :old:
Yep, they ran out of testers. :laught16:

Seriously, I hope everyone who develops this disease gets the care they need and beats it.
*Be sure to not take the OTC drugs that have caused bad outcomes. I think aspirin is one. Not sure of the others. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Anyone there taking supplemental zinc, vit C,D, B, B12, NAC?

Taurine, first thing in the am w/out food. Then: NAC, Zinc, European Milk Thistle, Alpha Lipoic Acid, C, D3, B Complex, Niacin, Chromium Picolinate, Green Tea, B-12,  Potassium, CoQ-10, Ceylon Cinnamon, Chanca Piedra, Selenium, Echinacea, Acai, Glutamic Acid, Bitter Mellon, Berberine, Hawthorn, L-Tyrosine, Gotu Cola, Pine Bark, Multi - Vitamin . . . to name just a few.

22 minutes ago, FlakMagnet said:

Been taking that and much more for over 20 years.

Hypochondriacs of the World Unite! :) 

Dang. BMC. I will have to look up some of that and add to my horde.

Ever cooked anything with Bitter Melon? To say it is an acquired  taste is an understatement... much interesting  data on its anticancer properties. 

Easy to grow, just need a trellis, sun water znd some soil to grow....and you learn to like the bitterness contrasted with other components in a soupor stew

1 minute ago, BMc said:

Hypochondriacs of the World Unite! :) 

:)Hypochondriacs depend on doctors and are reactive.

The point of taking supplemental vitamjns, minerals  herbs is to avoid doctors -being proactive.

1 minute ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

:)Hypochondriacs depend on doctors and are reactive.

The point of taking supplemental vitamjns, minerals  herbs is to avoid doctors -being proactive.

Then why are people who take these things sometimes called that by people who don't? :)

9 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Dang. BMC. I will have to look up some of that and add to my horde.

Ever cooked anything with Bitter Melon? To say it is an acquired  taste is an understatement... much interesting  data on its anticancer properties. 

Easy to grow, just need a trellis, sun water and some soil to grow....and you learn to like the bitterness contrasted with other components in a soup or stew

I take Bitter Mellon, Berberine, Cinnamon, and a few others for metabolism and blood sugar control. It comes in supplement form. Never cooked with it though . . .

Just a word of 'warning' with regards to taking supplements.

Remember that your liver and kidneys have to filter all that stuff out at some point.

If you are taking a lot of supplements, make sure you are drinking enough water.

None of us drink enough water.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, BMc said:

Then why are people who take these things sometimes called that by people who don't? :)

I guess because everyone has there  own  connotation  of the word.

To me, the typical hypochondriac  runs to the doctor  for every little ailment.

You r typical doctor doesn't prescribe  supplements.

5 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Just a word of 'warning' with regards to taking supplements.

Remember that your liver and kidneys have to filter all that stuff out at some point.

If you are taking a lot of supplements, make sure you are drinking enough water.

I drove a taxi for a while in South Florida and met all kinds of people. The ones who were continually going to the health food stores impressed me as being the unhealthiest looking of them all. I think I eat a fairly healthy diet but I do take a one-a-day multivitamin/multimineral men's supplement. I know I don't drink enough water but I do drink about 10 cups of coffee a day though. 
Seeing as how this virus has been around all of 4 months I don't think anyone can claim that any supplement helps one from getting it or in fighting it. 

• Like 1

Do any of you drink San Pedro tea? Dry whiskey?

It is a healer. It is a powerful plant ally. 

Some focus on alkaloids that affect physical processes. Those work on the body directly. 

San Pedro works on the spirit self. It can do many things on a completely different level. Those changes also directly affect the physical body.

When you work on the spirit the mind and body automatically come closer to alignment. It is a trilogy working in concert.  

Many mental and physical problems have root in spiritual deficiencies. When you treat these deficiencies the mental and physical problems are greatly reduced or eliminated. The spiritual self is commonly overlooked as an avenue for treatment but is often the easiest and most direct way to cure problems.

San Pedro cactus is a powerful healer and plant ally. It has been used for centuries. It is easy to get and grow. And as effective as hell. 

When I was young I watched a spiritual healer at a revival tent one summer night. People who were blind asked the Lord to take away their blindness. People who were crippled asked releif from pain. People with disease asked for restored health. Not one ignorant person came to the Lord and asked for knowledge. It just never dawned on them I guess.

San Pedro is spiritual knowledge. Spiritual knowledge is required for physical and mental systems to work properly. Other plant allys work better and are more effective when the spiritual being is healthy. The mental being can't be improved at all without addressing the spiritual. So the spiritual being is the foundation of any cure. And San Pedro is a powerful tool in the health of the spiritual being.

Strong spirits have an 87.4% better chance of surviving covid 19 than weak spirits. It is a statistical fact from a source whose ratings are excellent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BMc said:

Taurine, first thing in the am w/out food. Then: NAC, Zinc, European Milk Thistle, Alpha Lipoic Acid, C, D3, B Complex, Niacin, Chromium Picolinate, Green Tea, B-12,  Potassium, CoQ-10, Ceylon Cinnamon, Chanca Piedra, Selenium, Echinacea, Acai, Glutamic Acid, Bitter Mellon, Berberine, Hawthorn, L-Tyrosine, Gotu Cola, Pine Bark, Multi - Vitamin . . . to name just a few.

Haha I love it. I have a long list like that as well…it's like a meal in itself right? 

26 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Yes agree. It is fairly well known that most of America is dehydrated.

I also take electrolytes with me whenever I work in the sun or am out detecting. They help but water is key.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Do any of you drink San Pedro tea? Dry whiskey?

It is a healer. It is a powerful plant ally. 

Some focus on alkaloids that affect physical processes. Those work on the body directly. 

San Pedro works on the spirit self. It can do many things on a completely different level. Those changes 

Master Conundrum says he doesn't drink- but he trips on mescaline...

awllll righhhty then....

For those of you who are interested, has anyone read about or taken phosphatidylserine or phosphatidylcholine? 
They are very helpful for keeping mentally sharp and holding down the potential for dementia. 
I have a very forward-leaning nutritionalist who, many years ago told me about them. fwiw.

• Hmmmmmm 1

Just now, FlakMagnet said:

Yes agree. It is fairly well known that most of America is dehydrated.

I also take electrolytes with me whenever I work in the sun or am out detecting. They help but water is key.

Very true. 

I carry a gallon jug of RO water everywhere I go. All seasons. Good clean water is as important as enough food to eat. A lot more important in the country we inhabit.

When I prepared for sickness I included Gatorade, a case of canned juices, and 20 gallons of pure water. That would be as important as a thermometer and a supply of Tylenol when fighting the virus.