Nugget Shooter Forums
FlakMagnet

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

20 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Did you actually read the link you posted?   This is the first paragraph:

Note: Provisional death counts are based on death certificate data received and coded by the National Center for Health Statistics as of May 1, 2020. Death counts are delayed and may differ from other published sources (see Technical Notes). Counts will be updated periodically. Additional information will be added to this site as available.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

""Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.""

Did you just make that up?

Edit:     Oh, very clever Weaver.  You quoted Ben Franklin.  I'm sorry but 'your' quote is out of context.

https://www.npr.org/2015/03/02/390245038/ben-franklins-famous-liberty-safety-quote-lost-its-context-in-21st-century

Edited by LukeJ
keep trying

Posted (edited)

Well either way here was a nice Salute to the front line workers. Enjoy! (Did you see it!!??)

Edited by Billyazprospector
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well either way here was a nice Salute to the front line workers. Enjoy! (Did you see it!!??)

No we didn't see I here in Glendale.  We heard the noise from the jets but they were a little off track for us.  Usually they rendezvous over Lake Pleasant and come right over our house on their way to Phoenix.  This time they took a little different track.  I enjoyed your vid though.  Tks.......

Old Tom

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

For the fly over salute, I was outside the hardware store and it was amazing to see it.  Turned plenty of heads.  Where I was in Surprise, they were quite low level, perhaps one thousand to three thousand feet.  Can’t see them that far when they fly that low, but if you can see them, it’s nice.

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 3

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/us/new-mexico-town-lockdown-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

One of my best friends owns a big trading post in Gallup. He is a very powerful and influential figure in the town. I just spoke to him on the phone. 

The National Guard has been called in to help. People are scared, sick and angry. The community is in big trouble. They are arresting some people who wont comply. 

The rez has been on complete lockdown off and on for a week. Now the City of Gallup is on lockdown. 

The off ramps to the highway are blocked. No one in or out. Only 2 people per car. Curfew from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. Every available agency is working to keep a lid on things. 

This is a very rural and undeveloped area. Hardly a paved road. Mostly mountains and mesas. Virtually unpopulated with very few resources outside of the city limits.

They have over 200 new cases per day and growing exponentially. It is running the same course as the flu in 1918 that killed over half the people there.

There is no use pretending this is all an illusion. Or a conspiracy. Or an excuse to curtail liberties. This is a severe health and social emergency that is spinning out of control.

Pray for the people on and off the reservation. They need the prayers a lot more than they need people who refuse to believe this is really happening.

At some point denial to support a person's narrow political ideals becomes a selfish and unforgivable thing. In Gallup New Mexico we have reached that point. 

Please have enough respect for these people to at least acknowledge this crisis is real. They are scared, sick, acting erratically and the officials are trying to get it under control and save lives.

There are plenty of people trying to further their own personal and political agenda. It would be great if they gave it a rest on this forum for a short time for no other reason than to pay respect to our fellow Americans and Southwesterners who are having to live through this difficult time.

We can deny it is happening when it is over. Until then let's say a prayer for these people who are having to live the reality.

• Like 3
  • well done 1

Don't you love it when someone says "You need"? 
Let's face it. We all have different opinions. We agree on some things and disagree on others. Many aspects of COVID-19 are being interpreted in a multitude of ways. The possibilities are endless. One thing is certain. Many people in this country have too much time on their hands. I happen to fit into this category. It's new, and obviously related to the COVID-19 crisis.
Some of what we are seeing is similar to what was discovered in this experiment carried out with mice back in the 60's which led to grim predictions for humanity.....

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-mouse-utopias-1960s-led-grim-predictions-humans-180954423/

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

All the advantages of a DNA vaccine look good.

I was waiting for the disadvantages, and I guess the lack of immune response is still the hurdle they are tripping over.

Hopefully they get it worked out soon.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Nature has a way of working things out.

Should we 'step out of the way' and let nature take it's course?

2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/us/new-mexico-town-lockdown-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

One of my best friends owns a big trading post in Gallup. He is a very powerful and influential figure in the town. I just spoke to him on the phone. 

The National Guard has been called in to help. People are scared, sick and angry. The community is in big trouble. They are arresting some people who wont comply. 

The rez has been on complete lockdown off and on for a week. Now the City of Gallup is on lockdown. 

The off ramps to the highway are blocked. No one in or out. Only 2 people per car. Curfew from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. Every available agency is working to keep a lid on things. 

This is a very rural and undeveloped area. Hardly a paved road. Mostly mountains and mesas. Virtually unpopulated with very few resources outside of the city limits.

They have over 200 new cases per day and growing exponentially. It is running the same course as the flu in 1918 that killed over half the people there.

There is no use pretending this is all an illusion. Or a conspiracy. Or an excuse to curtail liberties. This is a severe health and social emergency that is spinning out of control.

Pray for the people on and off the reservation. They need the prayers a lot more than they need people who refuse to believe this is really happening.

At some point denial to support a person's narrow political ideals becomes a selfish and unforgivable thing. In Gallup New Mexico we have reached that point. 

Please have enough respect for these people to at least acknowledge this crisis is real. They are scared, sick, acting erratically and the officials are trying to get it under control and save lives.

There are plenty of people trying to further their own personal and political agenda. It would be great if they gave it a rest on this forum for a short time for no other reason than to pay respect to our fellow Americans and Southwesterners who are having to live through this difficult time.

We can deny it is happening when it is over. Until then let's say a prayer for these people who are having to live the reality.

Bedrock Bob, My Grandpa was really good friends with Bill Richardson (Richardson's Trading) Post there in Gallup. He worked to there from Winslow, on the railroad. Crazy time how they've essentially locked the city down! Sad times.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Nature has a way of working things out.

Should we 'step out of the way' and let nature take it's course?

Nature will have it's way. Only so much we can do.

• Like 1

So then you're ready to 'step outside', roll the dice and see how they fall?

You know, for the sake of the economy.  :rolleyes:

Here's a meme that my wife and I were crackin' up about a few weeks ago.  It still makes me laugh.  Maybe you'll laugh too?

Sorry to those who are sensitive to 'bad words'.  :)

thumbnail_IMG_9141_LI.jpg

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Actually Slim, your first link tells the story very clearly. You just have to be able to read the data. Just compare the numbers for the rez with the state numbers.

It shows the Navajo nation to have 2,100 cases. Per capita that is less than New York or New Jersey but more than the next four hardest hit States combined.

By golly you are right Bob. Links I post do tell the story very clearly. Thank you!
*And in case you haven't noticed, their viewership is going up, not down. I bet their Google numbers are going through the roof!

Edited by Dakota Slim

19 minutes ago, Billyazprospector said:

Bedrock Bob, My Grandpa was really good friends with Bill Richardson (Richardson's Trading) Post there in Gallup. He worked to there from Winslow, on the railroad. Crazy time how they've essentially locked the city down! Sad times.

The Mayor and the Navajo President asked the Governor to do it. So many cases coming in so quickly and no one paying any attention to guidelines.

Hopefully they will get it under control. Gallup is a unique place with a bunch of history. Lots of good folks there that are in a bad situation all the way around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

All the advantages of a DNA vaccine look good.

I was waiting for the disadvantages, and I guess the lack of immune response is still the hurdle they are tripping over.

Hopefully they get it worked out soon.

I'm terrified of the vaccines. Way more than the virus. Especially the DNA trip.

I heard a report on a DNA based vaccine by a company called Moderna. Several experts spoke about it and they interviewed a person who is a test subject.

The stuff goes into your cells and turns DNA into something that looks like RNA. I don't know squat about it but the premise sounds bone chilling.

They have already given it to humans and are studying the genetic changes. The company admits that there may be many changes they dont even recognize at this point.

The tests show that humans do produce an antibody of some sort. But it has only been a month and they want immunity to last at least a year. So eleven months until we know if the antibody lasts.

Producing genetically modified antibodies doesn't necessarily mean immunity. People might be able to get infected while producing these antibodies. So we don't really know how this will work. All we can do is accept the company's opinion on this. And they have a lot to gain by painting a rosy picture.

In a rush for the cure we are cutting corners. We are doing freaky things. The magic gene splitting juice they cook up as a cure is worth billions upon billions of dollars. If there ever was a recipe for disaster it seems this would be it.

I know guys that will suck up a needle full of just about anything and hit that big vein over their ankle without batting an eye. I'm kinda on the other end of the spectrum. I won't take asprin unless I can't get out of bed.

I'm going to take my chances with the pangolin poop. At least until I know people are not sprouting antennae and communicating in chirps and grunts a year after being injected with "the cure".

:yikes:

• Hmmmmmm 1

I agree with not being the guinea pig.   But someone has to.  Any volunteers? 

My wife just got back from going to get tested.  She has had a nagging cough for the last month and a half.  Usually it's 'seasonal' and could be allergy related.  Our family has been here 'locked down' since March 16th when I got back from Gold Basin (skunked).  We have been observing the 'rules' and I have been the one to leave the house to go pick up groceries we ordered online.  As far as I can tell there is no way my wife's test could come up positive for Covid19.

Unless....   The week before I went to GB, my son had 'a cold' that weekend and stayed home from school on Monday.  By Thursday, I was starting to 'have a cold', but didn't want to cancel GB.  So I went anyways, kept my distance from my friend and figured I'd come home early if I started feeling really bad.  Woke up those mornings, hacked some boogers, took some Day-quil, and carried on.  When I got home, my wife told me that my daughter was sick with 'a cold' while I was gone.  We all recovered 'normally' and everyone is fine now.  Except for my wife's cough.

It's not likely, but I'm hoping her test comes up positive.  If she is, then we probably are as well.  If we only got 'that sick', then I can feel a little better knowing that my wife and kids probably won't get sick and die.  Since we have been following the rules, it's almost impossible we've spread it to anyone else, if we do turn out to be infected.

Not likely, but possible.  We'll know in a couple days.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Did you just make that up?

Edit:     Oh, very clever Weaver.  You quoted Ben Franklin.  I'm sorry but 'your' quote is out of context.

https://www.npr.org/2015/03/02/390245038/ben-franklins-famous-liberty-safety-quote-lost-its-context-in-21st-century

No , I don't  double quote myself.

Leave it to National Proletariat Radio to attempt to wreck great wisdom.

Just now, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

No , I don't  double quote myself.

Leave it to National Proletariat Radio to attempt to wreck great wisdom.

:laught16:

So it's only your sources that are acceptable?

Why don't you try to decipher the words in your link and tell us in 'layman's terms' how this quote applies to this situation.

Take your time.  I've got plenty.

7 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

I agree with not being the guinea pig.   But someone has to.  Any volunteers? 

My wife just got back from going to get tested.  She has had a nagging cough for the last month and a half.  Usually it's 'seasonal' and could be allergy related.  Our family has been here 'locked down' since March 16th when I got back from Gold Basin (skunked).  We have been observing the 'rules' and I have been the one to leave the house to go pick up groceries we ordered online.  As far as I can tell there is no way my wife's test could come up positive for Covid19.

Unless....   The week before I went to GB, my son had 'a cold' that weekend and stayed home from school on Monday.  By Thursday, I was starting to 'have a cold', but didn't want to cancel GB.  So I went anyways, kept my distance from my friend and figured I'd come home early if I started feeling really bad.  Woke up those mornings, hacked some boogers, took some Day-quil, and carried on.  When I got home, my wife told me that my daughter was sick with 'a cold' while I was gone.  We all recovered 'normally' and everyone is fine now.  Except for my wife's cough.

It's not likely, but I'm hoping her test comes up positive.  If she is, then we probably are as well.  If we only got 'that sick', then I can feel a little better knowing that my wife and kids probably won't get sick and die.  Since we have been following the rules, it's almost impossible we've spread it to anyone else, if we do turn out to be infected.

Not likely, but possible.  We'll know in a couple days.

Anyone there taking supplemental zinc, vit C,D, B, B12, NAC?

Just now, LukeJ said:

:laught16:

So it's only your sources that are acceptable?

Why don't you try to decipher the words in your link and tell us in 'layman's terms' how this quote applies to this situation.

Take your time.  I've got plenty.

It is in layman's terms.

2 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

It is in layman's terms.

WITTES: He was writing about a tax dispute between the Pennsylvania General Assembly and the family of the Penns, the proprietary family of the Pennsylvania colony who ruled it from afar. And the legislature was trying to tax the Penn family lands to pay for frontier defense during the French and Indian War. And the Penn family kept instructing the governor to veto. Franklin felt that this was a great affront to the ability of the legislature to govern. And so he actually meant purchase a little temporary safety very literally. The Penn family was trying to give a lump sum of money in exchange for the General Assembly's acknowledging that it did not have the authority to tax it.

SIEGEL: So far from being a pro-privacy quotation, if anything, it's a pro-taxation and pro-defense spending quotation.

WITTES: It is a quotation that defends the authority of a legislature to govern in the interests of collective security. It means, in context, not quite the opposite of what it's almost always quoted as saying but much closer to the opposite than to the thing that people think it means.

1 hour ago, LukeJ said:

So then you're ready to 'step outside', roll the dice and see how they fall?

You know, for the sake of the economy.  :rolleyes:

thumbnail_IMG_9141_LI.jpg

Personally, I never stopped,"stepping outside".   Shop everyday , sometimes to just "audit" what is available  here in San Diego.

Screwing the economy,  like we are, is wrecking people"s lives, destroying businesses,putting people on the street, bankrupting people , driving up rates of addiction, suicide, mental illness,and death by other causes.

Martial law can take a hike.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Anyone there taking supplemental zinc, vit C,D, B, B12, NAC?

No more than you would get from eating 'healthy food'.  I've been drinking more whiskey than I was before.  :)

One theory that was presented 'early on' was the reasoning of why this virus doesn't seem to have the same effect on kids.  It was theorized that kids are constantly bombarded with 'germs' at school and their immune response is already 'amped up'.  Even though they are 'less susceptible', they can be the main carriers and that's why shutting the schools down was such a good idea.