Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

FlakMagnet

August  or September  America should have this vaccine  and  November  December for Commercial use . 2 shots a month apart and one a yr mixed with the normal flu shot  .Positive results filtering  in.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/inovio-and-geneone-life-science-report-positive-phase-12a-clinical-data-with-dna-vaccine-ino-4700-for-mers-coronavirus-at-the-american-society-of-gene--cell-therapy-asgct-conference-301048749.html

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IDdesertman said:

Corona isn't the only virus I'd be worried about with all these random links being posted... :fl:

Nice try . . .

• Hmmmmmm 1

1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Weaver,

Would you please at least summarize these links for us?

What are you trying to say?

56 minutes ago, H-2 Charlie said:

August  or September  America should have this vaccine  and  November  December for Commercial use . 2 shots a month apart and one a yr mixed with the normal flu shot  .Positive results filtering  in.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/inovio-and-geneone-life-science-report-positive-phase-12a-clinical-data-with-dna-vaccine-ino-4700-for-mers-coronavirus-at-the-american-society-of-gene--cell-therapy-asgct-conference-301048749.html

This does seem promising.

I read through it twice, where did you get your 'timeline' from?

Previously, 18 months was the benchmark for development of a new vaccine.

I know we're all in a hurry and most likely some 'corners' will be cut along the way, but the time is based on how long it takes to test people and collect data.  I don't believe you can speed up the immune response or lack thereof.  Besides efficacy, safety is important too.  Which is another reason why 18 months was the previous time.

Hope it happens sooner than later.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IDdesertman said:

Corona isn't the only virus I'd be worried about with all these random links being posted... :fl:

The internet is full of links. Put your mask on and wade in to the deep end.

Here's a link:    

This is a YouTube link where a doctor debunks the other two doctors who had a 'press conference' the other day.  This guy makes some good points and there's a little 'nugget' at the end which may satisfy some of you guys.

Take a look.  

It may be that we end up having to get used to a "new normal" and add the corona viruses to the list of given illnesses, like the flu. The covid-19 vaccine will probably be like the flu vaccine -- hit and miss -- and some people will refuse to use it. We have made great progress in diagnosing the virus but have a ways to go yet. There is a lot to be learned about transmission. Treatments will improve over time, and this virus could  rank right up there with the 1917/1918 flu before a year goes by.   
With all of today's fake news and the internet, the people are being bombarded with speculation, opinions (which is what this post is) and outright lies passed offed as "facts". 
And then there's politics. Most people seem to have a strong opinion about that as well, and that's where "spin" comes in. Considering the source of purported "facts" might be a good idea. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BMc said:

Nice try . . .

Nice try meaning . . . I was thinkin that maybe he was tryin to ease the subject off in a safer direction.

1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

For starters, I rule out those who's ratings have plummeted over the last couple of years.  :112:

Low blow Slim . . . :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dakota Slim said:

For starters, I rule out those who's ratings have plummeted over the last couple of years.  :112:

What are you talking about?

What do 'ratings' have to do with anything?

Care to mention any names?

I'm less concerned with the ones you 'ruled out' and would like to know which ones you trust.

Honest question.

Luke

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

What are you talking about?

What do 'ratings' have to do with anything?

Care to mention any names?

I'm less concerned with the ones you 'ruled out' and would like to know which ones you trust.

Honest question.

Luke

I presumed your question was honest and I gave you an honest answer. I Google most things I'm interested in regarding COVID-19 and there are way too many sources for me to rattle off. 

Well, the good news is the flowers are still beautiful and smell amazing, the California Poppys are ablaze on the hillsides and my dog seems comfortable.  I am a very fortunate guy. 

Thankfully the kids and my friends are well and observing reasonable protocols.  Did some painting today, had an emergency delivery of Modelo Especial, and fixed the swamp cooler.

Thanks all for keeping us all informed, throw another log on the fire, it is a fine evening here.

You guys stay safe.

Jeff

• Like 2

IS THERE BALM IN GILEAD?

Remdesivir,  made by Gilead, is all over the news, being touted as the new wonder drug to defeat Covid 19? Let hope it's true but what about the other drugs that work and are much, much cheaper ? Is there more to the story? Did Dr. Faucci fund any of the studies or have a financial interest in the outcome? Any conflict of interest in his glowing endorsement?

Big Pharma et al, tends to help those (Doctors),  to help themselves . . . Not conspiratorial, but does seem curious . . .  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

I presumed your question was honest and I gave you an honest answer. I Google most things I'm interested in regarding COVID-19 and there are way too many sources for me to rattle off. 

All sources you read have ratings that have not plummeted recently though, right?

Do you Google your sources before you Google the ratings? Or do you read the article first and then Google the ratings before believing it? Or does Google automatically filter your sources by ratings?

:25r30wi:

Edited by Bedrock Bob
It's all about covid 19.
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Here's a link:    

This is a YouTube link where a doctor debunks the other two doctors who had a 'press conference' the other day.  This guy makes some good points and there's a little 'nugget' at the end which may satisfy some of you guys.

Take a look.  

Bunk and debunk, like "facts" are, of course, subjectively in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

All sources you read have ratings that have not plummeted recently though, right?

Do you Google your sources before you Google the ratings? Or do you read the article first and then Google the ratings before believing it? Or does Google automatically filter your sources by ratings?

:25r30wi:

Hi Bob. I see you edited this after I reacted. That's OK. I should have quoted your original post but this will do. Obviously all sources for COVID-19 related info don't have "ratings", just as all witnesses in a civil or criminal trial haven't been proven themselves to lack candor. 
Getting back to the post I made that led to your mocking me for what I posted, what part of "Considering the source of purported "facts" might be a good idea." do you not understand? What does your mocking question have to do with COVID-19?