Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

9 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Here is the point...

The idea that every corpse in New York is being counted as a covid 19 death to inflate the numbers is pure nonsense.

I just spoke to a close relative on the phone and asked them about it. He is a trauma surgeon at MT. Sinai hospital in New York. Here is what he had to say.

A corpse that has died of covid is a deep blue or black color. This is from dying of hypoxia. The swelling that accompanies the disease affects not only the lungs but all tissue. So the hands and feet are huge as well as the face. After death the fluids in the lungs leak out as the muscles relax. So there are obvious visual signs of the disease that makes a test unnecessary. This is how they classify untested corpses as covid 19 deaths.

He likened it to a bear attack. If you are having bear attacks and you find a body torn apart with big bite marks and bloody bear tracks you can safely assume the person was killed by a bear. You just don't need more evidence.

He says the sudden increase in numbers were from EMT and Paramedics who found corpses in dwellings. These were people who had called their doctor and been instructed to quarantine at home and call if they needed hospitalization. Crews went to check on these folks and found them dead. 

The numbers were compiled and added at once. Thus the big jump all of a sudden.

He said the notion that the numbers were being falsely inflated are complete fiction. The numbers are actually much higher because people are being found in homes daily. He tells me that the EMT and Paramedic crews have all seen hundreds of covid 19 victims and are quite capable of determining the cause of death in these cases.

The fantasy that the death rate is lower and that the numbers are being manipulated serves only to distort and spread distrust. It is a narrative being spread on the internet by our adversaries. It is total hogwash and only fools the fools that don't know any better.

I disagree. THE Medical profession is not rocket science.

Not every corpse gets an autopsy.

...no one single cause can be ruled as the reason for death when other conditions were a given..

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its been interesting reading this thread. I also believe this country is in trouble but its not the end of the world. Ive spent a ton of time in third world war zones and what always amazed me is I co

Yup all's well that ends (not so) well. We almost pulled out of that nosedive a few times but we finally flew her into that dang mountain of opinions. Good riddance.

Apparently this topic has run it's course and is now locked, no one is really posting any more "Corona Virus Info", most are more concerned in ego conflicts, bashing each other over their political be

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

...no one single cause can be ruled as the reason for death when other conditions were a given..

Could you expand on your notion that apples are not oranges?   

Every realistic estimate is saying the number of deaths is most likely under-reported. Nursing home deaths for example, are not even being counted in the 'official' death count and nationwide they are one of the fastest growing hotspots. 

It is willful ignorance to suggest the number of deaths is being exaggerated.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

You are correct that the medical field is not the aerospace industry.

You are also correct that not every corpse gets an autopsy. 

You are incorrect that covid 19 cannot be ruled the cause of death if certain conditions exist. 

Hope that helps to clear up your confusion.

On 4/16/2020 at 8:00 PM, FlakMagnet said:

Every realistic estimate is saying the number of deaths is most likely under-reported. Nursing home deaths for example, are not even being counted in the 'official' death count and nationwide they are one of the fastest growing hotspots. 

It is willful ignorance to suggest the number of deaths is being exaggerated.

Also not in the numbers are military, prison (federal or private), reservations, ICE detention, and mental institutions. 

We already have twice as many deaths as 911, Afghanistan and both Iraq wars combined. All in just over a month.

A month ago some here claimed that the numbers would hardly be noticeable in the yearly flu deaths. Today they want to dispute the cause of death as the bodies pile up faster than they can be hauled away. 

What kind of American would do that? And why?

I will let you come to your own conclusions.

Edited by Au Seeker
to remove criticism
  • Like 2
  • Irritated 1
On 4/15/2020 at 8:12 AM, clay said:

even though there is no testing to show that the deceased were infected.

One of the overt ways they have been able to tell if people have died from covid even if they were not tested, is that their bodies have a bluish or blackish cast due to oxygen starvation that is a corona virus hallmark.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

"reservations"

I agree with you Bob. The reservation I work in is getting hammered and there is no public available info regarding the numbers.   

Edited by Desertpilot
  • Like 2
35 minutes ago, Desertpilot said:

I agree with you Bob. The reservation I work in is getting hammered and there is no public available info regarding the numbers.   

In New Mexico that is the big problem. The rez is super infected and the off rez towns that they get their resources from are showing big numbers.

They are posting numbers on the rez that account for about 40% of the cases in the State. And you and I both know that this number has to be low by a big margin.

Last night they were approaching 1000 cases on the Navajo and Zuni. Sandia Labs said we are two weeks to the peak of the curve. Quick algebra says there will be 5-6k cases in that population before this is over. 

Our Governor is trying hard. She is one of the emerging leaders in this fight. But we are going to have a bunch of idiots protesting and defying common sense to make a political point. Most of that will be in the towns supplying the rez. So we have a very tough road ahead.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

One of the overt ways they have been able to tell if people have died from covid even if they were not tested, is that their bodies have a bluish or blackish cast due to oxygen starvation that is a corona virus hallmark.

Last time I checked, one of the GENERAL signs of death is cyanosis .

The Kung Flu cornering the market on this  observation is  hogwash.

Our adversaries are flooding the internet with propaganda. The levels have never been higher. They are trying to make this crisis as damaging to the US as possible. They are using three main narratives to do this.

1- The virus is only as serious as the flu.

2- The virus was a biological weapon from China

3- Our rights are being violated by the restrictions.

They have actively been trying to turn Americans against each other for yearsa.

All of this is well documented common knowledge.

• well done 1
56 minutes ago, Desertpilot said:

Talked to a friend in Prescott and he says the Navajo tribe is over running the Flagstaff hospital, and is causing problems, and add to the fact half the state thinks there's no problem. :grr01:

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, hardtimehermit said:

Talked to a friend in Prescott and he says the Navajo tribe is over running the Flagstaff hospital, and is causing problems, and add to the fact half the state thinks there's no problem. :grr01:

Yeah. The attitudes of people in this fight reflect heavily in the numbers. I think this trend will become painfully obvious in the next couple weeks.

Some are empowering rebellion. I figured that the bus would stop there. That will hurt this country much more than the virus and is EXACTLY what our adversaries are hoping for.

We have been led to believe that we are our own worst enemy. Now it seems we are ready to act upon those unpatriotic views in the middle of a crisis. If we as a nation are that easily fooled then I suppose we deserve what we get. 

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, FlakMagnet said:

Okay, can we stop it now? Everyone has gotten their shots in. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 8.13.41 AM.jpg

Those numbers are fake. You will barely see an increase in yearly flu averages. They are falsely inflating the numbers. They are counting the light blue ones too. Our rights are being violated. This is a conspiracy to take away our liberties. It only kills old people. Obama took all the face masks. It will go away on its own by April. The economy is more important. There is nothing we can do about it anyway it is just God's will.

I refuse to just chill for six more weeks for the sake of the country. I'm going to spread as much propaganda as I can and work myself up for some DEFIANCE. I'm marching in the street and yelling. I'm shaking hands and hugging because that is what Americans do. 

If I get really pumped up I'm going to find someone to blame and take action! Someone is going to have to draw the line in the sand before this ruins the whole country. The True Patriots must unite and protect freedom! We can't let these radical leftist politicians use this fake and inflated "crisis" to destroy our liberties.

WE MUST FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT! 

• well done 1
4 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Those numbers are fake. You will barely see an increase in yearly flu averages. They are falsely inflating the numbers. Our rights are being violated. This is a conspiracy to take away our liberties. It only kills old people. Obama took all the face masks. It will go away on its own by April. The economy is more important. There is nothing we can do about it anyway it is just God's will.

I refuse to just chill for six more weeks for the sake of the country. I'm going to spread as much propaganda as I can and work myself up for some DEFIANCE. I'm marching in the street and yelling. I'm shaking hands and hugging because that is what Americans do. 

If I get really pumped up I'm going to find someone to blame and take action! Someone is going to have to draw the line in the sand before this ruins the whole country. The True Patriots must unite and protect freedom! We can't let these radical leftist politicians use this fake and inflated "crisis" to destroy our liberties.

WE MUST FIGHT FOR WHAT IS RIGHT! 

:yesss::yesss::yesss:

93572465_10215792358858425_5176733552271687680_n.jpg

• Like 5

This is my one and only comment im making in this mess of a thread. I dont know how many of you have a family member that works in the medical field or has a family member that cought this crap, but i have both. My aunt is a nurse and she said in her 31 years as a nurse, she has NEVER seen anything like this. I also have a cousin that had it and he told the family that it was unlike anything he has ever experienced sick wise. So flu, Corona, Covid, whatever the conspiracy theorists or naysayers want to call it, its not normal. This is a politically biased thread from both sides of the aisle, dont you think nows the time to just agree to disagree and get on to finding some gold and fresh air?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • well done 2
8 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Here's something that many people should consider.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/problem-thinking-know-experts

This thread epitomizes the basis of that essay. Both sides insist they are correct without being experts. Civility and understanding adverse view points can only make one smarter.

I prefer to listen to both sides and make judgement based on my gut feelings.

Thank you LukeJ for posting that link.

Edited by matt
Thank you to LukeJ.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Flu Flu and old age takes more people then this Corona Virus.   Fear mongers have people Twisted up on things.  

• Like 1

Homefire,  Just a reminder, old age takes everyone. Maybe we could chat when the pandemic is handled instead of now in it's"first stages" as the medical experts are describing it. Trying to protect people is not fear mongering, the real fear should come when political groups try to pressure people into believing it's no big deal and get them demonstrate to 'get back to normal' then there clearly is nowhere near enough testing to have that happen, when the tests that are being done are showing huge percentages of people over the estimates are walking around infected and the government is confiscating shipments of vitally needed supplies meant for the states. That is twisting up on things

PS no doubt you've read about new outbreaks being reported on in China who had supposedly handled the virus and opened up their cities, right?.

• Like 1
  • well done 1

Accepting the gravity of the situation and acting wisely is hardly "fear mongering".

The virus and the problems that arise from it will change the entire world. What this will do for the American lifestyle and economy will be terrible. And the hundreds of thousands left with health problems will further aggravate things.

Anyone who is still focused on comparing the death rate with the seasonal flu seems to be missing the point entirely.

America is the biggest oil producer and consumer on the planet. Oil was -$34 a barrel today. If that does not scare you it should.

By conservative estimates in 18 months 40% of the population will have contracted the virus. Even if it was only 10% as lethal as the seasonal flu it will be the biggest loss of life since the flu in 1918. And much more costly to the American economy and health infrastructure.

The people that produce our food and the supply chains that get it to us are being decimated. 

The idea that this is no big deal is preposterous. And there is no "fear mongering". Just an unvarnished view of a very grim situation for this country.

• Like 1

94068132_3174171382617153_5677775091174211584_n.jpg

• Like 4

The situation with the oil is not as dire as it seems.  Oil prices are negative for future prices that are planning to be sold soon, like the beginning of May.  Once you take those futures out to the end of May, the price was about $21 per barrel.  Both quotes were From today, just the contracts expire soon.  A brief search shows this has happened for propane and copper for the same type circumstances.

The futures market is something I can’t understand, but this is the way my mind sees it.  I guess there’s so much oil that those who are delivering on contracts next week will pay to take it off their hands, but in quantities like rail cars full of oil.  So, if you wanted to capitalize on this, you’d have to take delivery of the oil, store this tanker full of combustible liquids somewhere for a month or so until prices went up, then you’d be even.  This is also crude oil, not refined into gasoline etc.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/20/838521862/free-falling-oil-prices-keep-diving-as-demand-disappears

When I first saw the new that oil prices were negative, I thought that was disastrous out consequences.  WHen I read the article above, I felt embarrassed I fell for a sensationalized news article.  The real headlines should be something like, “Next weeks oil prices are negative, but the end of May is above $20 per barrel.”   Not quite as glamorously alarming as the oil market has collapsed.  Still a cause for concern, but we still will be driving cars at the end of the year and cooling our houses with AC in the summer using carbon based fuels.  The New Green Deal is not here yet.

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 1

The vast majority of Americans understand how incredibly bad this is. They understand the actual death rate of the virus has little to do with the overall impact. They understand that the collapse of oil prices will deeply affect our economy as well as our lifestyles. They know that the closing of businesses is not about dark conspiracies to limit freedoms.

Most Americans are willing to step up to the plate and sacrifice to help this country in time of need. Others imagine conspiracy and whine about the gun shop being closed. They defy the stay at home orders and work hard to politicize them. While the virus spreads exponentially they are focused on extreme ideological beliefs.

We aren't going back to normal. The best we can hope for is to slow it down as much as possible. The idea that things are going to "open up" is as ridiculous now as it was in 1918. Trying to minimize the health, economic and social implications of this pandemic is unwise. It is politically motivated, dangerous, and of great benefit to our enemies.

We have been greatly weakened. It is time to play as a team and put aside ideology.

You guys can gripe about your rights being taken away when the virus is not spreading on an exponential increase. You can tell us why oil at -$35 a barrel is not that bad. You can pretend that half of us are not going to have to get sick before this thing is over. You can pretend a vaccine will be found just like 1918. You can pretend the virus won't mutate and become even more deadly like it did in 1918. You can pretend whatever you want when the daily numbers are not doubling.

But at some point we need to wake up and realize that there are much more important things to be done than focus on personal and ideological goals.

Edited by Au Seeker
to remove criticism
  • Like 3