Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.

From what I've observed during the various medical updates and my own research is, yes definitely, a healthy immune system is paramount to having a first line defense against the virus. Moreover, the key factor, in terms of a vitamin or mineral supplement which might help stave off an infection would be a steady intake of Zinc, which allegedly interferes with the virus's ability to attach itself to cells within the human body. An increased intake of Vitamin C is also allegedly helpful. A safe dosage of Zinc, in studies I have seen, was 150 mg daily. Also recommended was Zinc and Vitamin C lozenges to suck on, in addition to Zinc supplements. 

• well done 3
  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its been interesting reading this thread. I also believe this country is in trouble but its not the end of the world. Ive spent a ton of time in third world war zones and what always amazed me is I co

Yup all's well that ends (not so) well. We almost pulled out of that nosedive a few times but we finally flew her into that dang mountain of opinions. Good riddance.

Apparently this topic has run it's course and is now locked, no one is really posting any more "Corona Virus Info", most are more concerned in ego conflicts, bashing each other over their political be

Posted Images

We are partial to this stuff around here.

I'm not affiliated or whatever.  There are certainly other sources of vitamins including fruits and vegetables.

I think this particular product works well (for us) because it has many/most of the other vitamins and nutrients required for good health.

20200326_172600.jpg

20200326_172630.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LukeJ said:

We've all known about vitamins for a long time.  'Flintstone' chewable children's vitamins have those same compounds if you're looking.  

Luke

I do not buy, nor need Flinstone's vitamins.

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli
  • Like 1

I like the combination shown above, which seems to have many of the supplemental properties of a multi-vitamin and exceeds MDRs on some supplements. I have been advised by more than one MD, that 1,000 mg of Vitamin C daily will usually prevent urinary tract/bladder infections and has other health benefits as well.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Every one benefits from a children's chewable. Especially the little purple dinosaurs.

Leftside bottom row is GSE-grapefruit seed extract- editor cut it off.

No one packet or vitamin will cut it in this day and age.

IMG_26032020_202201_(1000_x_600_pixel).jpg

• Like 1

Well it looks like you've got your bases covered Weaver.

Two bottles of zinc as well.  :)

I was buying probiotic for the family a few years back.  I eventually switched to a yogurt that everyone liked.  Cheaper and more filling.

Those little 'Yakult' beverages are pretty tasty too. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It looks like Flintstones Chewables were a gateway vitamin for you.

I suppose, when I was a kid,

There is a third shelf of "nutraceuticals ",as well as a bunch behind those shown.

I've run out of Magnascent Iodine, though.

13 hours ago, LukeJ said:

We are partial to this stuff around here.

I'm not affiliated or whatever.  There are certainly other sources of vitamins including fruits and vegetables.

I think this particular product works well (for us) because it has many/most of the other vitamins and nutrients required for good health.

20200326_172600.jpg

20200326_172630.jpg

I've received different opinions on vitamins over the years. I used to take multivitamins but stopped when I found out they aren't really necessary. I do take Orange Tang simply because it's cheaper then orange juice.😉

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Morlock said:

I've received different opinions on vitamins over the years. I used to take multivitamins but stopped when I found out they aren't really necessary. I do take Orange Tang simply because it's cheaper then orange juice.😉

I was thinking the same until recently, lately I know I haven't been eating a well balanced diet and have been feeling not as good as I used to feel on a daily basis, basically low energy levels and just now feeling well, I also have been suffering from pollen allergies which I have never had issues with, so about 3 weeks ago I bought a bottle of Centrum multi vitamins and started taking one a day, within 2 to 3 days no more allergies and my energy level had risen dramatically, now I'm back to my old self.

So I say yes if you eat a well balanced diet you most likely don't need to take vitamins, but if not eating right they can and will give your body much of what it's lacking.

• Like 2

Can Supplements Help Combat COVID-19? 

Andrographis Paniculata: 

Andrographis contains bitter constituents that are believed to have immune-stimulating and anti-inflammatory actions. Andrographis contains andrographolides that have demonstrated immune-enhancing qualities in preliminary studies. Andrographis supports the immune system and protects against microbes. Andrographis is a supplement used primarily for its immunostimulating properties. Multiple studies have demonstrated its ability to not only reduce the duration of upper respiratory infections but also significantly reduce the severity of symptoms. The properties of andrographis are due to its ability to increase lymphocyte production. Of note with the spread of COVID-19, a recent publication screened compounds for their ability to inhibit key enzymes of the coronavirus. From the study, it was determined that andrographis and its derivatives were able to inhibit several key infectious enzymes of COVID-19, making it an ideal candidate to develop drugs to treat COVID-19.

Zinc: 

Zinc’s fame is primarily due to its ability to regulate the immune system and its innate antimicrobial activity. White blood cells, called lymphocytes, are the body’s main defense against viral infections. Zinc supplementation has been shown to increase white blood cell counts in zinc-deficient patients but also increases the immune response in healthy patients. Additionally, zinc has an intrinsic antiviral activity that extends to the corona family of viruses. In vitro (cell) studies have shown that zinc inhibits corona viral replication by blocking a key viral enzyme utilized for replication in host cells, RNA polymerase.

SOURCE: PSYCHOLOGY TODAY  KAISER PERMANENTE  ET AL.

AVAILABLE ONLINE

• Like 3
  • well done 1
On 3/27/2020 at 10:55 AM, BMc said:

Can Supplements Help Combat COVID-19? 

Andrographis Paniculata: 

Andrographis contains bitter constituents that are believed to have immune-stimulating and anti-inflammatory actions. Andrographis contains andrographolides that have demonstrated immune-enhancing qualities in preliminary studies. Andrographis supports the immune system and protects against microbes. Andrographis is a supplement used primarily for its immunostimulating properties. Multiple studies have demonstrated its ability to not only reduce the duration of upper respiratory infections but also significantly reduce the severity of symptoms. The properties of andrographis are due to its ability to increase lymphocyte production. Of note with the spread of COVID-19, a recent publication screened compounds for their ability to inhibit key enzymes of the coronavirus. From the study, it was determined that andrographis and its derivatives were able to inhibit several key infectious enzymes of COVID-19, making it an ideal candidate to develop drugs to treat COVID-19.

Zinc: 

Zinc’s fame is primarily due to its ability to regulate the immune system and its innate antimicrobial activity. White blood cells, called lymphocytes, are the body’s main defense against viral infections. Zinc supplementation has been shown to increase white blood cell counts in zinc-deficient patients but also increases the immune response in healthy patients. Additionally, zinc has an intrinsic antiviral activity that extends to the corona family of viruses. In vitro (cell) studies have shown that zinc inhibits corona viral replication by blocking a key viral enzyme utilized for replication in host cells, RNA polymerase.

SOURCE: PSYCHOLOGY TODAY  KAISER PERMANENTE  ET AL.

AVAILABLE ONLINE

Adrographis

Andrographis, now you're talking. Some tout that as the herb which spared the country of India severe casualties during the Spanish Flu.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Morlock said:

This is really sad... The renowned doctor being threatened by lunatics for speaking truth to power.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-task-forces-fauci-receives-a-security-detail-11585801236

Yeah, this isn't the time for threats and insults to Fauci or anyone else trying to help us survive this pandemic. 

• Like 4

Can Supplements Help Combat COVID-19? (con't)

Pelargonium sidoides

Also known as Umckaloabo among other names, pelargonium sidoides is commonly taken by mouth for upper respiratory infections including bronchitis, sinusitis, sore throat, tonsillitis, and the common cold. 

Taking a specific extract of pelargonium sidoides seems to help reduce symptoms and clear up the common cold after 10 days of treatment. It also lessens symptoms of bronchitis in adults within 48 hours of feeling sick. 

Propolis

Propolis, a resin-like material from the buds of poplar and cone-bearing trees, is used for boosting the immune system, and as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. Some evidence suggests that propolis might help prevent or reduce the duration of common colds and other upper respiratory tract infections.

Acai berry

Acai berry is such a potent antioxidant and stimulator of the immune system, researchers are studying it as a potential treatment for all kinds of conditions, and it's often touted as a supporting of general health and immune function.

Curcumin

Curcumin is derived from the Curcuma longa plant, commonly known as turmeric. Curcumin is used for its analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic activity. Curcumin can help fight inflammation and aid the body’s immune response, as found by a study published in Molecules.

• well done 1
On 3/12/2020 at 9:48 AM, LukeJ said:

The 'health officials' are recommending the cancellation of public events to reduce the speed at which the virus spreads.  By slowing it down and stretching out the total time of the outbreak, they will hopefully avoid the collapse of the entire medical system.  If the number of cases grows too fast and people flood into the hospitals there won't be enough beds and the idea of quarantine is lost.  People with other medical issues will be severely effected since they rely on the same system.  Many more people than 'normal' will die.

If you feel sick at all, stay home if you can.  If you don't absolutely have to go 'there', don't.  Everyone has a part in reducing the spread.  Remember that the flu is still out there too.  If you get sick, will the hospital be a good place to go?

Older people and those with existing conditions are the most at risk.

Good Luck, stay safe.  :)

Luke

Luke, Thank your wife for her service !!!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Gilaoro said:

Luke, Thank your wife for her service !!!

Thanks.  I do, often.  :brows:   :4chsmu1:

Fortunately, her office went into 'lockdown mode' too, and she's been working from home for the last few weeks.  They have partially reinvented their systems and are primarily doing tele-medicine/online conferencing at this point.  We are very fortunate that she is still able to help a large number of people while not putting our family at risk.  I realize many people are not so lucky. 

• Like 1
  • well done 1
On 3/14/2020 at 7:31 AM, Roger P said:

You have to love it! Watching Good Morning America this morning (Saturday) and noticed that an item on the crawler (the line of print on the bottom of the screen) mentioned that flu deaths have reached 22,000 this year so far. Odd how you seldom hear panic about the flu when you realize that the last 2 seasons of influenza EACH killed over 60,000 people. Have you had your flu shot this year?  
The latest figure I could find this morning for corona virus cases in the US so far is 2340.

I wanted to respond to this before.  I guess a month later is as good a time as any.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5139605/

The thing you have to keep in mind when trying to compare influenza to Covid-19, is that Covid-19 is new and influenza we've been dealing with for over 100 years.

Even with all our technology and science,  40k-60k people die every year from the flu in the United States.  We have vaccines that are partially effective and a few drugs that target the virus if you do get sick.  But people still die and they're doing their best.  The population is so 'comfortable' with the numbers, that many people shrug-off the flu vaccine and try to downplay it's importance.  Of course, most of the yearly deaths don't occur in America, so the pain is largely felt somewhere else.  Another important thing to consider, is when you have the flu, you know you're sick.  You generally feel like crap and stay home.  Hopefully you avoid infecting others and most likely won't die.  Common stuff.  There is also some immunity that may carry over from year to year.

Covid-19 is 'new'.  There are no vaccines or developed drugs to target this specific virus.  This is the first time Covid-19 has caused a pandemic.  The doctors and scientists don't/didn't really know what was going to happen.  They only have prior experience with other virus'.  Anything caused by Covid-19, is in addition to the yearly flu epidemic.  Not the same thing, except the same medical system has to handle the larger flow of sick people.  One possible difference between the flu and Covid-19 is that some people who are infected with C-19 do not display any symptoms but are still able to spread the virus.  Maybe it's like that with the flu, too.  But we're already conditioned to accept those flu 'loss' numbers.

As of today, there have been 118,459 deaths from Covid-19 or complications relating to Covid-19.  We first heard about this virus back in December.  Who knows how long the Chinese were dealing with it.  So it's been 6 months or so.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/coronavirus?ocid=edgsp