Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Au Seeker said:

Slim, I'm guessing you didn't see my warning about posting any more political posts???

The post you quoted so you could get "EQUAL TIME" was posted before my warning and after your first political post in this topic even though your post was worthy to be in this topic because it was about a National Emergency, you could of left out who declared it and the video, we're all grown men and we all know who the only person is that can declare a National Emergency, so no need to mention names and post a video!

That being said I deleted your post before the above post and Bob's response to it!!

NO MORE POLITICAL POSTS PERIOD!!!

I'm sorry for anything I posted that's out of line Skip.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its been interesting reading this thread. I also believe this country is in trouble but its not the end of the world. Ive spent a ton of time in third world war zones and what always amazed me is I co

Yup all's well that ends (not so) well. We almost pulled out of that nosedive a few times but we finally flew her into that dang mountain of opinions. Good riddance.

Apparently this topic has run it's course and is now locked, no one is really posting any more "Corona Virus Info", most are more concerned in ego conflicts, bashing each other over their political be

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I only wonder, when this all plays out, how will mortality rates for Covid 19 compare to the flu. I do not think they will be  much different. 

The mortality rate for the flu is .1%. The mortality rate for covid 19 is 1% or 10 times higher. These are general estimates. The young and middle aged people seem to be able to recover from it. It's the 60+ population with underlying medical issues that are at great risk.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No one knows the exact mortality rate this mofo is going to have on us, but this is real serious so just stay clean and away from people. That's some hermit advice. :)

  • Thanks 2
  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We know darn well it will be MUCH higher than flu. There is no (rational) debate on that. 

It is 10x more transmissible and 20x more lethal by any numbers you care to look at. That is if you care to look at the numbers.

This is a constant across the globe. Not just in the US where the imaginary crisis is all a plot to overthrow the one whose name can't be spoken.

If you don't believe those numbers take a look at the global markets. Maybe those numbers are fake too? 

  • Like 2
  • Hmmmmmm 1
  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of numbers, maybe this will rival the black plague, which was driven by .... wait for it..... CLIMATE CHANGE!
Quote: "Due to climate change in Asia, rodents began to flee the dried-out grasslands to more populated areas, spreading the disease."

Read more....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

Link to post
Share on other sites

All i know is, this is my oldest son's senior year and he was on his way for a baseball scholarship and that is all down the drain right now. The schools shut down today for 3 weeks and suspended all sports play until further notice. Little league all the way up to high school level. In my 40 years of being on this earth, i dont ever remember this sort of thing happening. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

All i know is, this is my oldest son's senior year and he was on his way for a baseball scholarship and that is all down the drain right now. The schools shut down today for 3 weeks and suspended all sports play until further notice. Little league all the way up to high school level. In my 40 years of being on this earth, i dont ever remember this sort of thing happening. 

Not since the "Spanish flu" in 1918 have we seen anything like it. 

That is why we can't make the same mistakes we made with that pandemic. It seems that some are hell bent on repeating those mistakes regardless of what science and history tells us.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Nanny State being in high gear is the result of media feeding frenzy, which  gets the populus up in arms clamoring  for the gov't to

" do something!".

No conspiracy needed.

As far as opinions expressed on lethality, they are only that, including mine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 9:37 AM, Morlock said:

Actually 2340 is close to the number of diagnosed cases of the coronavirus in the USA. We've only had about 50 deaths out of those cases.

We now have about 4400 confirmed cases of coronavirus with about 90 fatalities nationwide. It almost doubled in 3 days. 

Stay safe guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Morlock said:

Unless you're an expert on infectious diseases, no one is going to pay any attention to your opinions.

Likewise...

I do not  believe we have any infectious disease specialists on this board.  Just folks parsing quotes from "reputed" pundits putting forward their opinions as the "consensus ruling" from the above "specialists"

I am just very cynical.

There's been no widespread studies on mortality, and we  really have no idea, whatsoever, as to how many are infected versus how many show symptoms. Mortality rates are developed using the later group, only, when they should be developed from the total of those infected vs those taking a dirt nap. Problem is we don't know the total infected-just those diagnosed.

Edited by Stillweaver hillbelli
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, nugget108 said:

All i know is, this is my oldest son's senior year and he was on his way for a baseball scholarship and that is all down the drain right now. The schools shut down today for 3 weeks and suspended all sports play until further notice. Little league all the way up to high school level. In my 40 years of being on this earth, i dont ever remember this sort of thing happening. 

Dan, If your son has the talent for baseball, I'd like to think there's a college out there that would give him a scholarship. After all they will need players to fill the roster. Surely they would consider the circumstances. Did the team tape any of their games? He should be promoting himself. I wouldn't give up. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

 

There's been no widespread studies on mortality, and we  really have no idea, whatsoever, as to how many are infected versus how many show symptoms. Mortality rates are developed using the later group.

Everything here is completely incorrect.

There have been widespread studies. And mortality rates are developed using known positives (infected) and not people with symptoms because symptoms overlap with many other diseases.

Your statement is willfully inaccurate to support an indefensible and clueless position.

We know only a small fraction of symptomatic people have been tested and the real numbers are much higher. Especially in the US where we don't have the needed tests and such a strict criteria for testing.

There are thousands who have the virus and can't get tested. Many who will die from the virus and will never be tested. Many who have recovered and will never be counted because we still don't have ANY antibody testing in the US. The response so far has been dismal. An exercise in denial.

There are so few tests available that in many places you can only get a test if you have been in direct contact with others who have tested positive (Catch 22). Children ARE NOT TESTED AT ALL and are the main carriers of the virus. With rules like this we will never know the full impact of the disease and can't respond appropriately. Nor will we be successful at containment. This is becoming obvious to everyone and feeding into the panic.

  • Hmmmmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

 

Your statement is willfully inaccurate to support an indefensible and clueless position.

 

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, as wrong as  it is.

My only point here is that we don't know the total of those carrying the disease:those with immune systems able to shrug this off like a cold.

Without that hard to obtain data, we're really only guesstimating the death rate.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, as wrong as  it is.

My only point here is that we don't know the total of those carrying the disease:those with immune systems able to shrug this off like a cold.

Without that hard to obtain data, we're really only guesstimating the death rate.

And with a finger in both ears and our head in the sand we never will.

Thank God for countries who DO test appropriately and publish those metrics so we can get a glimpse of what this virus is really doing to the population.

Our data is drawn from symptomatic people who have been tested and deaths of confirmed positives. Yes, lots of asymptomatic people have it and transmit it and are never counted in the death rate. And lots of symptomatic are not counted too. If they were counted too the death rate would be a smaller number.

But that is just not how they calculate death rates. Sure, that is not a perfect number. The actual number is lower or higher taking various hypothetical into account. 

When we compare this disease to the flu using the exact same criteria we can make a fair comparison. The numbers speak for themselves. Transmission rate, number of critical cases, deaths, YOU NAME IT. It is all exponentially higher with Covid 19 than with seasonal flu.

The number needs to be smaller for you and that reason is clear. You need to make it smaller and argue with others about it. And that is fine with me.

So carry on my brother! Imagine this disease and it's impact to be anything you want it to be. And while you are at it imagine it to be a conspiracy by the dark forces who don't share your world view.

And imagine a perfect response to the disease. A ten out of ten! Because everyone is entitled to imagine whatever they want to imagine.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cynicism probably isn't what is needed right now. Neither is superiority. Or bickering. It blurs what's going on.

How 'bout we just put down what information we hope will help our forum neighbors?

There is great information coming out all the time, and we have some people in here who actually know what they're talking about

no matter whether you like them or not.

Obviously there is going to be misinformation posted inadvertently, there's a ton of it going around.

So rather than jump on others mistakes, or disagreeing because it's become a reflex-action,

 why not try a new approach like mutual cooperation?

It's good practice if nothing else. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FlakMagnet said:

Cynicism probably isn't what is needed right now. Neither is superiority. Or bickering. It blurs what's going on.

How 'bout we just put down what information we hope will help our forum neighbors?

There is great information coming out all the time, and we have some people in here who actually know what they're talking about

no matter whether you like them or not.

Obviously there is going to be misinformation posted inadvertently, there's a ton of it going around.

So rather than jump on others mistakes, or disagreeing because it's become a reflex-action,

 why not try a new approach like mutual cooperation?

It's good practice if nothing else. 

The problem is....  Some people have 'dug themselves in' at all costs.  They chose a position and won't budge from it no matter how much information is provided.  They'd rather 'go down with the ship', than admit they could have been wrong in the past.  What a shame.

The President of the United States has issued additional restrictions.  Still think it's a conspiracy?

Be smart, protect yourself and your loved ones by limiting your exposure.  Even if you don't have any symptoms, you can transmit the virus to others unknowingly.  How many different people do you come in contact with during a 5 day period?  Five days is the time it takes to show symptoms after exposure.  By the time you get sick, you've already infected countless others.  Are you elderly or interact with elderly people?  They are the highest risk group.  Will your stubborn behavior be the reason your loved one gets sick and dies?  No joke.

My wife and all of her doctor friends are taking this very seriously and are extremely worried about the next few weeks.  They are networking and cross training each other right now in real time to hopefully be better prepared to save lives.  They need the cooperation of the public or it's all for nothing.

Luke

  • Like 3
  • well done 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dam science keeps getting ignored.
 

Quote

 

The chance of someone with symptomatic Covid-19 dying varied by age, confirming other studies. For those aged 15 to 44, the fatality rate was 0.5%, though it might have been as low as 0.1% or as high as 1.3%. For people 45 to 64, the fatality rate was also 0.5%, with a possible low of 0.2% and a possible high of 1.1%. For those over 64, it was 2.7%, with a low and high estimate of 1.5% and 4.7%.

The chance of serious illness from coronavirus infection in younger people was so low, the scientists estimate a fatality rate of zero.

As physicians and researchers have seen since the start of the outbreak, many infected people never become sick. As few as 14% of people in Wuhan with early coronavirus infections were being detected, said epidemiologist Jeffrey Shaman of the Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University, who led a study published on Monday in Science on undocumented coronavirus infections.

 

Whatever you may think about those odds this is pretty typical stuff compared to most new virus mortality. All these viruses mutate and become less dangerous after some time in the human population.

Be safe out there, wear protection. I have been using my bubble suit since the first of the month. I like bubbles.  If you are over 80 be careful. Most of us old guys will die from something else but given a choice?

As far as TP goes - be frugal - you can make the paper go twice as far if you use both sides. :hide:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This certainly is no conspiracy. The medical people I am acquainted with are (all), very concerned with what is upon us. I do think that finally the government has realized the sheer magnitude of covid 19's reach and is bringing everything to the fight. It's late but that's over with, now we have to move on and deal with what we can, each in our own way. The mutual cooperation of everyone is going to happen and that part is going to be cool Best to all…stay well.

  • Like 4
  • Irritated 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Consider this. 

We have a huge population of prisoners in the US. And a giant judicial system that handles millions of cases a year. 

Justice is a complicated affair. And the virus will affect the system in ways we can not imagine.

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/17/politics/pandemic-tests-american-criminal-justice/index.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15844886752034&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2020%2F03%2F17%2Fpolitics%2Fpandemic-tests-american-criminal-justice%2Findex.html 

Then there are the prisons. Coronavirus will be devastating. It will cost an unimaginable amount of money no matter what strategy you employ.  

A day cell in a small city will see 6-8 occupants a day in each bunk space. Hundreds of people could be exposed and then be released back on the street within 8 hours from each cell. This is a huge problem.

In Iran they are releasing the sick prisoners to try and control it. I bet many of our prisons will employ the same strategy. With the huge number of prisoners in the US this is a big deal for everyone. On many different levels. 

The criminal justice system is going to get weird quick due to this virus. This is really going to pull at the seams of our American lifestyles. Possibly tug at our rights a bit too.

Edited by Bedrock Bob
I betcha schits gonna get weird.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Consider this. 

We have a huge population of prisoners in the US. And a giant judicial system that handles millions of cases a year. 

Justice is a complicated affair. And the virus will affect the system in ways we can not imagine.

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/17/politics/pandemic-tests-american-criminal-justice/index.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15844886752034&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2020%2F03%2F17%2Fpolitics%2Fpandemic-tests-american-criminal-justice%2Findex.html 

Then there are the prisons. Coronavirus will be devastating. It will cost an unimaginable amount of money no matter what strategy you employ.  

A day cell in a small city will see 6-8 occupants a day in each bunk space. Hundreds of people could be exposed and then be released back on the street within 8 hours from each cell. This is a huge problem.

In Iran they are releasing the sick prisoners to try and control it. I bet many of our prisons will employ the same strategy. With the huge number of prisoners in the US this is a big deal for everyone. On many different levels. 

The criminal justice system is going to get weird quick due to this virus. This is really going to pull at the seams of our American lifestyles. Possibly tug at our rights a bit too.

Possible 20% unemployment rate.

https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB11kqAn?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Morlock said:

They are talking about a relief package bigger than the stimulus and the bailout.

The one whose name cannot be spoken says he wants to send everyone a check!

They are mobilizing FEMA to build emergency hospitals in 20 states.

World markets are teetering on the brink. 

There is evidence that some people who recover from Covid 19 develop a craving for human brains. 

And another novel virus has been identified in Wuhan China. The H5N1 flu virus. It causes children to be born naked. 

Strange days indeed.

 

  • Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...