Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Best corona info I've seen. Bill take it down if it doesn't fit.


Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

Their voices were heard, in the 2016 elections. Sometimes you have to go with the army you have. As they always said, you can lead, follow or get out of the way. 

Their voices were not heard. They were given the choice between two partisans. Neither represented the voice of the majority. They still don't.

Both were very weak candidates. Neither commanded respect from the majority. Neither do to this day.

It seems the partisans refuse to lead, have weak followers and are getting in the way.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its been interesting reading this thread. I also believe this country is in trouble but its not the end of the world. Ive spent a ton of time in third world war zones and what always amazed me is I co

Yup all's well that ends (not so) well. We almost pulled out of that nosedive a few times but we finally flew her into that dang mountain of opinions. Good riddance.

Apparently this topic has run it's course and is now locked, no one is really posting any more "Corona Virus Info", most are more concerned in ego conflicts, bashing each other over their political be

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Their voices were not heard. They were given the choice between two partisans. Neither represented the voice of the majority. They still don't.

Both were very weak candidates. Neither commanded respect from the majority. Neither do to this day.

It seems the partisans refuse to lead, have weak followers and are getting in the way.

 

My voice and the voices of over 65 million others were heard Bob, and the Electoral College had a decisive winner. Some people can't seem to get over that and there is a name for that syndrome. 
Everybody has an opinion. Your's carries as much weight as anybody else's. Maybe you should run. I'm sure you would get at least 2 or 3 votes. 
In any case, America does have a leader. As has been said, you can lead, follow or get out of the way. I'm sorry but since the leader role has been awarded that leaves you 2 choices. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

My voice and the voices of over 65 million others were heard Bob, and the Electoral College had a decisive winner. Some people can't seem to get over that and there is a name for that syndrome. 
Everybody has an opinion. Your's carries as much weight as anybody else's. Maybe you should run. I'm sure you would get at least 2 or 3 votes. 
In any case, America does have a leader. As has been said, you can lead, follow or get out of the way. I'm sorry but since the leader role has been awarded that leaves you 2 choices. 

Yes. It is my opinion. And as I allow you to have your opinion without directing snotty personal observations at you, so should you allow mine.

  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 Inovio pharmaceuticals  is the front runner  . There platform is the winner in this field being the only company to animal tested and only 2 companys are human trials have started . https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/vaccines/ino-4800-dna-coronavirus-vaccine .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, FlakMagnet said:

That is called embalming.

They will undoubtedly be doing more embalming before this is over David but they also use some pretty caustic substances in medicine. To treat heartworm in dogs for example, they inject the dog with arsenic -- enough to kill the worms but not the dog.  
Without getting into the specific political pissing match that is currently being waged on this particular subject, it is clear that there is no suitable cure for COVID-19 at this time and I would bet that those who have died would have tried anything to save themselves. In fact, look at the current treatments for cancer. Chemo (AHA! short for chemical) and radiation.
It is pretty apparent to me that the people who are making noises now have been making noises for almost 4 years now. What do you think? Does the shoe fit?

Quote: According to Webster, disinfect is to cleanse so as to destroy or prevent the growth of disease carrying microorganisms. Therefore a disinfectant is an agent, such as heat, irradiation or chemical that disinfects by destroying, neutralizing or inhibiting the growth of disease-carrying microorganisms.

https://extension.psu.edu/what-is-a-disinfectant-or-sanitizer

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not thrilled with the idea of a vaccine developed on the fly in some lab competing with a dozen other companies to be the first to market.

It is debatable whether humans can even develop an immunity. And even if they do there is no idea for how long. 

I would be mighty reluctant to get an injection of that stuff until a few million people were injected and didn't grow hair on their palms. 

IMHO I would rather take my chances with the virus and develop antibodies the old fashioned way. At least until I knew the vaccine offered some lasting benefit and was not worse than the virus itself.

Again, just my opinion. I am not sure the labs will be much more effective than the politicians at stopping this thing. They might be. But even if they are it will be too late in the game according to most models.

Our best bet is to do the things that have been proven to work in other countries to avoid getting it. And focus on the effective treatment of the disease for those who do.

If a vaccine comes along that will offer immunity for a few months that is great. But it would not be wise to put all our eggs in that basket. A prudent plan would be to move forward realizing a vaccine is too many months down the road with no real guarantees that it will be effective. 

Even if they cured the virus tomorrow it would not lessen the social and economic issues we are facing today. And those are (for most people) a lot bigger immediate problem than the virus itself. 

They are not working on a cure for what makes us weak and vulnerable. That one is up to us as a society to figure out. And that isn't going to be solved by leaders who regard half of the voters as the enemy. 

Nor will  it be solved by people who cannot acknowledge the failures of their leaders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dakota Slim said:

My voice and the voices of over 65 million others were heard Bob, and the Electoral College had a decisive winner. 

Yes the Electoral College had a winner.  But you're wrong about who the 65 million people voted for.

The winner of the election only got 62,984,828 votes.  The loser, had almost 3 million more with 65,853,514

Just under 60% of the eligible voting population cast a vote in 2016.  Over 40% did not vote.

Using simple math, less than 30% of the voting population supported the winner.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LukeJ said:

Yes the Electoral College had a winner.  But you're wrong about who the 65 million people voted for.

The winner of the election only got 62,984,828 votes.  The loser, had almost 3 million more with 65,853,514

Just under 60% of the eligible voting population cast a vote in 2016.  Over 40% did not vote.

Using simple math, less than 30% of the voting population supported the winner.

In the last election partisans turned out in droves. Moderates and anti partisans stayed home in droves. 

We got what we voted for. The loser of the popular vote. That is because we disliked both candidates and voted against the one we hated most (if we voted at all) The one we hated most lost. And the biggest looser became the winner.

We set ourselves up for it by only allowing partisans to win a primary in a country that desperately needs (and wants) an end to partisanship. 

The voice of the people was not heard. Only the voice of the partisans. The rest of us got the stick. And now our leaders are hamstrung because the vast majority of Americans are disgusted with them all.

They are afraid to do a darn thing knowing that they will be crucified no matter what they do. That is an impossible position to lead from and a recipe for disaster.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

My voice and the voices of over 65 million others were heard Bob, and the Electoral College had a decisive winner. Some people can't seem to get over that and there is a name for that syndrome. 
Everybody has an opinion. Your's carries as much weight as anybody else's. Maybe you should run. I'm sure you would get at least 2 or 3 votes. 
In any case, America does have a leader. As has been said, you can lead, follow or get out of the way. I'm sorry but since the leader role has been awarded that leaves you 2 choices. 

 

6 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Yes. It is my opinion. And as I allow you to have your opinion without directing snotty personal observations at you, so should you allow mine.

 

5 hours ago, LukeJ said:

Yes the Electoral College had a winner.  But you're wrong about who the 65 million people voted for.

The winner of the election only got 62,984,828 votes.  The loser, had almost 3 million more with 65,853,514

Just under 60% of the eligible voting population cast a vote in 2016.  Over 40% did not vote.

Using simple math, less than 30% of the voting population supported the winner.

 

5 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

In the last election partisans turned out in droves. Moderates and anti partisans stayed home in droves. 

We got what we voted for. The loser of the popular vote. That is because we disliked both candidates and voted against the one we hated most (if we voted at all) The one we hated most lost. And the biggest looser became the winner.

We set ourselves up for it by only allowing partisans to win a primary in a country that desperately needs (and wants) an end to partisanship. 

The voice of the people was not heard. Only the voice of the partisans. The rest of us got the stick. And now our leaders are hamstrung because the vast majority of Americans are disgusted with them all.

They are afraid to do a darn thing knowing that they will be crucified no matter what they do. That is an impossible position to lead from and a recipe for disaster.

Another word of warning here, I'm about to walk out the door for work and really don't have time to post this but all 3 of you are off topic and again in violation of forum rules of posting political content and also on a smaller scale person attacks!

The subject matter here is Covid 19 info, NOT political campaigning, political criticism, or analysis, all of which fall under "political content", refrain from posting any more of this banter/content this please!!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LukeJ said:

 

How can the light get everywhere inside your lungs?  Think about it.  Even the 3-D model shows it just in the larynx.

It's like saying, "I'm going to clean the bathroom."  And then only mopping the floor on the way to the toilet.

Say you actually 'disinfected' the lungs with the light.  How do you 'clean' the other organs and tissues?

I guess that's why the disinfectant was suggested.  (Sarcasm)

What would be a 'game changer' is if there was enough testing available like previously 'promised'.  Once effective testing measures can be implemented, the economy can start getting back rolling again.

:89:If the technology has no promise why is a company attempting development and Cedars Sinai hospital helping-for the last several years?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

:89:If the technology has no promise why is a company attempting development and Cedars Sinai hospital helping-for the last several years?

Why has it taken four years?  It's still not approved.  Still under testing.  Still no proof it does more good than harm.

The timing of this 'release' seems more like a smart marketing move than something that will actually be helpful in this situation.  IMHO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/live-updates-as-quarantine-fatigue-spreads-fauci-says-second-wave-of-coronavirus-is-inevitable/ar-BB13lEuR?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=edgsp

 

Here are some bullet points from the above link:

Here are some significant developments:

  • The U.S. economy shrank by 4.8 percent from January through March as it saw the worst slowdown in growth since the Great Recession.
  • Nearly half of the world’s workforce is at risk of losing their incomes as the pandemic continues to disrupt lives and economies around the globe, a U.N. agency warned.
  • Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe warned that holding the Tokyo Olympics in 2021 will be “impossible” if the pandemic is not contained.
  • Amid mounting reports of deadly outbreaks at U.S. meatpacking plants, President Trump signed an executive order requiring processors to stay open. The move, intended to stave off shortages, was widely criticized by labor leaders.
  • Signaling confidence that it has contained the virus, China scheduled its big legislative meetings for late May. The “Two Sessions” meetings had been postponed at the height of the outbreak.
  • Results from antibody tests support the consensus that the novel coronavirus is significantly more lethal than the seasonal flu.
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

“Preliminary data has demonstrated coronavirus killing. The coronavirus resides in human tissues, specifically in the trachea and all the way down into the lungs,” said Disbrow. “It is thought to primarily reside in the upper airway, where if you can kill it early and kill it within the cells while preserving the healthy cells, that would be the golden ticket. The idea is that we would get this down the trachea, where the coronavirus is going to primarily reside, and then you have a chance to improve outcomes by reducing the viral load.”

 

How can you 'kill it early' when the patient is already critically ill and intubated?   :89:

 

From the same article:

"Aytu has attracted a lot of attention of late, particularly from conservative media outlets, in the wake of comments late last week by U.S. President Donald Trump regarding the potential to introduce sunlight into the body to treat COVID-19 patients. Ultraviolet rays are a component of sunlight."

 

  • well done 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I am talking about it because I think it is promising research-not because of what someone said or who is in office.

Water and air purifiers already benefit-why not an endo trachael gizmo?

Sure! Why not? :idunno:

Link to post
Share on other sites

The county I live in has been “virus free” ,according to testing ,up until today. They just announced our first case. I am one of the few people that I see wearing a mask in public here. Many people blatantly ignore the 6’ social distance rule. The people trying to slow the spread and take it seriously seem to be the minority here. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

But I don't like to play the games kids play.

That is a good analogy for this forum don't you think? 

 

 

Are you kidding? Might as well rename yourself ,"Master Conundrum".

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Are you kidding? Might as well rename yourself ,"Master Conundrum".

Should I suggest a name for you now?

You really dont understand how this game is played do you? :idunno:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caliche Chris said:

The county I live in has been “virus free” ,according to testing ,up until today. They just announced our first case. I am one of the few people that I see wearing a mask in public here. Many people blatantly ignore the 6’ social distance rule. The people trying to slow the spread and take it seriously seem to be the minority here. 

I hope it stays that way Chris.
The 1st death in Bullhead City AZ area was reported today. There's only been about 12 diagnosed cases. 
The individual was age 65 or older, Mohave County said in a statement. The patient was not linked to another case and was not travel-related.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...