Nugget Shooter Forums

Old Tom - Did you get your present?

Old Tom,

I hope your present arrived safely.  I hope you use it in good health, and enjoy it.  Just could not get the image of you sitting in that around the campfire in the evening.

Maybe you can post a picture of yourself using it.  That thing was a pain to package, I couldn't find a box big enough.

Enjoy!

Doc

• Like 4

Doc, I came home after brunch with my wife and lo and behold there was a strange looking package leaning on my front door.  I took it in and opened it up and out popped a large camp rocking chair.  That is one prosthetic that will gratefully use not only camping but out in the back at home.  Love to sit and rock while falling asleep.  You're a good dubey Doc and I will remember you every time I doze in it.  We won't make it to Quartzsite this year as things are getting pretty rough with Tom's wife Sherri in the hospital.  We can't seem to be able to get her home as things keep getting complicated.  She is going to need very delicate an close care at home also.  Tom has hit the wall with this and had to rest for a couple of days to recuperate and go on.  She has now developed an infection in the wound from her lip to her throat.  I think that they fed her food orally too soon.  She had to go back on the feeding tube.  They have to wait three more days for the culture to see if the right anti-biotics are being used.     

I am starting to almost feel myself again after three bouts in the hospital. A couple of operations, blood clots in lungs, heart meds driving me to see things, five weeks of radiation and chemo.  lost forty pounds but boy do I look good in my clothes now.  Still weak and can't keep up with the young'uns anymore, but I do go out and watch the Toyota so that it doesn't wander off.  

Our hearts will be with you in Quartzsite, so have a great time and think of me once in a while in my back pasture rocking and sipping some cool ones.  Thanks again bro, It's a beautiful and expensive rocker.    :thumbsupanim    

Old Tom

• Like 7

Glad you like it Old Tom.  For some reason I just thought you might.

You are all in my prayers.

Doc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here's Old Tom's new Camp Rocking Chair.

Now tell me, can't you see Old Tom at an outing around the fire, just rockin' away?  I couldn't resist getting him this.  I saw it, and I just had that vision in my head.

Doc

Old Toms Rocking Chair.jpg

• Like 10

Heck with him!!!! Im gonna use it :)
Thanks Doc.

Tom H.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • wow 1
3 minutes ago, TomH said:

Heck with him!!!! Im gonna use it :)
Thanks Doc.

Tom H.

LOL, that will be a fight , getting it away from him.

Doc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Doc. I was able to get a pic of dad today....out sunning himself :) Thanks for giving the chair to him.

Tom H.

SAM_3215.JPG

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My pleasure.  That was the picture of him I had in my mind.  Fits like a glove!  Thank you for the picture. :thumbsupanim

Doc

• Like 2

That rocker has a wide seat that fits my fat arse just fine.  Thanks again Doc for the thought and gift you know that I'll use it a lot.  Right now I have to mow that grass, it's getting away from me.  :shake2:   

Old Tom

• Like 1

Dear Old Tom,

You know in these days of some people acting like crazy loons, sometimes it just really feels good to perform an unexpected act.  Especially if you do it for someone who you know will appreciate it.

Trust me, I am sure it put a bigger smile on my face when I sent it off to you and teased you about what it was, than the smile on your face when you received it.

Doc  :4chsmu1:

• Like 3

If my dad were still alive, he would be 101 in June.  I see Tom and Old Tom together at outings and it brings me so much joy to see that kind of wonderful relationship. 

That is the kind of relationship my dad and I had.  We would fish and hunt and play golf together.  I am fortunate that I have that same kind of relationship with my two sons as well.

If my dad were still alive, Old Tom would not have been the only person that would be enjoying that rocker, because I would have got my Daddy one too.

Doc :cry2:

• Like 4
  • well done 1