Nugget Shooter Forums

It appears to have a brownish fusion crust. It is slightly magnetic. It has glypt features. Lips that crest. It appears greenish and brown to bluish black, vesicular, stony, and brecciated.

One crazy thing about it, is that it has a natural hole unlike any stony meteorite I have seen. As you will see, the hole is jagged, indicating that it is a rocky matrix and not slag? The hole shouldn't be there, it is basically impossible? A two way bubble? It is in essence a chain of vugs that look like they were acted upon by the same direction of airflow.

The next particularly interesting thing about this rock specimen is that it appears to have a small green plant bud growing out of a deep hole. Perhaps an ancient seedling that was miraculously saved on the interior? This was a surface find, it appears there is no dirt in the holes, besides a little material build-up stuck to the walls.

I think it could be alien or pre terrestrial matter from our or some other universe. 

As you can see this rock is mysterious, the ones I found before with plant matter on them are missing.

I guess the only real question, is how the seed got in there if it is slag? Does the hole prove it was air that broke through? I showed pictures of every side, the hole, and the budding seedling from the hole.

Aliens? :droolin:

20200304_072752.jpg

20200304_072729.jpg

20200304_072715.jpg

20200304_072708.jpg

20200304_072951.jpg

20200304_072843.jpg

20200304_072832.jpg

20200304_072814.jpg

20200304_072807.jpg

20200304_072700.jpg

20200304_072944.jpg

20200304_072637.jpg

20200304_072938.jpg

20200304_072610.jpg

20200304_072604.jpg

20200304_072856.jpg

20200304_075259.jpg

Edited by WillM
Typos

I'd like to add to the mysteries. 

Every time I dig in bedrock and chip away at it to either run material in the dry washer or metal detect, I find roots growing in it.  How do roots appear several inches below a solid sheet of rock that has been there 100 million years?  Occasionally I find gold in the bedrock, but I always find roots.  Do you think this organic root material has been there for millions of years?  How about the gold?

Perhaps there's another explanation. 

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Every time I dig in bedrock and chip away at it to either run material in the dry washer or metal detect, I find roots growing in it.  How do roots appear several inches below a solid sheet of rock that has been there 100 million years?  Occasionally I find gold in the bedrock, but I always find roots.  Do you think this organic root material has been there for millions of years?  How about the gold?

46 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

So many mysteries..... :)

My only guess is that it was placed where I found it and a seed was somehow implanted so when I rinsed it with tap water, it caused it to sprout in two days? I did not notice the sprout at first. A seed could have flown and landed in the hole too. I didn't notice how I picked it up because it honestly looked like a misplaced piece of slag to me upon discovering it. You can't tell by photo, but the leaves also have hairs on them, more than I have ever seen in a plant, and I have seen some fuzzy plants. The hole is also perfectly in line with the flow lines.

👀

1 hour ago, chrisski said:

Obviously the roots grew through the bedrock. Roots can penetrate concrete foundations via small cracks but it's a very, very slow process. Same with bedrock.