Nugget Shooter Forums

Out prospecting I had my Gold Bug on the ground while digging for a nugget. It toppled over on it's side and then started making a loud noise and wont stop. It sounds like the threshold when its turned up all the way. It only stops when you take both batteries out... Anyone know what might cause this?

Thanks!

Gena

8 hours ago, dallasdarlin said:

Out prospecting I had my Gold Bug on the ground while digging for a nugget. It toppled over on it's side and then started making a loud noise and wont stop. It sounds like the threshold when its turned up all the way. It only stops when you take both batteries out... Anyone know what might cause this?

Thanks!

Gena

How big was the nugget?

If you aren't totally familiar with the tuning controls, one of them may have been knocked out of position.
Start from scratch and go thru set up - turn on-balance - procedure.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, frank c said:

If you aren't totally familiar with the tuning controls, one of them may have been knocked out of position.
Start from scratch and go thru set up - turn on-balance - procedure.

I have a feeling the Threshold is stuck because of the way it sounds. None of the controls work. All you can hear immediately when placing batteries back in the compartment is the loud noise. The volume won't shut it off and the threshold knob underneath won't shut the sound off :( No way to even use my bug...

45 minutes ago, dallasdarlin said:

I have a feeling the Threshold is stuck because of the way it sounds. None of the controls work. All you can hear immediately when placing batteries back in the compartment is the loud noise. The volume won't shut it off and the threshold knob underneath won't shut the sound off :( No way to even use my bug...

Sorry to see you're having an issue with it. Mine took a beating in the time I used it and the only problem I had was a bad coil which Fisher promptly replaced. I would send it back to Fisher and have them repair it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Sorry to see you're having an issue with it. Mine took a beating in the time I used it and the only problem I had was a bad coil which Fisher promptly replaced. I would send it back to Fisher and have them repair it.

Warranty has expired 😭

I would call Fisher and describe the issue. Perhaps they can give you an idea of what the problem is and give an estimate. Otherwise you'll have to get another detector.

My results of repair with Fisher have been pretty bad. Speaker not working going in, still not working coming out. Loose screws on circuit board, face plate switch nuts loose. Just overall slacker work in my opinion.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Morlock said:

I would call Fisher and describe the issue. Perhaps they can give you an idea of what the problem is and give an estimate. Otherwise you'll have to get another detector.

Yea, I left a message for a Tech guy there. If I don't hear back this afternoon I'll call him again. Looks like it's only drywashing for now...

Try a different coil...you may have a short at the. Connector.....or in the control box.

I don’t remember if you have a faceplate....nothing to lose by looking 

fred

• Like 1

No faceplate. You have to take the knobs off and pull it out from the back.  A little more than that but that's basically it..

I've had pretty good service with Fisher.  As a matter of fact, I have one(GB2) to send in now.   Threshold won't work.  (but not noisy)

Edited by LipCa

I have had several coils go bad on the GB2. That sure could be it. I had one that would just scream at you when you turn on the machine. 

It should be pretty easy to find another coil to plug in and see if it fixes it. The GB2 is a popular machine. 

A couple years ago I had my GB2 tuned and a new coil put on. I sent it to El Paso to be repaired and a fellow named Felix hooked me up. It works better than ever and the service was good. So just give them a call and I bet they can fix it for you.

7 hours ago, LipCa said:

No faceplate. You have to take the knobs off and pull it out from the back.  A little more than that but that's basically it..

I've had pretty good service with Fisher.  As a matter of fact, I have one(GB2) to send in now.   Threshold won't work.  (but not noisy)

Thanks!! 😀