Nugget Shooter Forums

Did I ever get lucky. found this nug about a month ago. went back lots of times and figured out this area has been worked years ag001.JPGo. just fines left. poor sucker(s) missed this one. a real fatty. 3/16 inch thick at widest part

003.JPG002.JPG

Edited by JOHNM
  • Like 17
  • well done 3
  • wow 1

Man! Thats a nice FAT one :)
Tom H.

22 hours ago, TomH said:

Man! Thats a nice FAT one :)
Tom H.

Well thats kind of descriminatory !  

That thing is a fatty McFatster ! Well done JohnM

• Haha 2

Nice! The last piece of gold I found had a similar story. Heavily placer mined wash, that everybody and his brother has hit in the last 100 years, and one nice piece left for me!

Been back over that wash at least ten times, without finding another speck.

Keep up the good work.

Regards, Kyle

Man, I am happy for you!!  Remember that feeling when you found it.  It'll drive your future hunts like a bulldozer!!

Andyy

Beautiful chunk of sassy gold!

Nicely done, and all the best,

Lanny

Posted (edited)

Thanks you all . I'm not complaining about finding the nugget but I've had detector for two years and first nugget I've found. Lots of you guys are really consistent in finding them. Rather be consistent than lucky. 

Edited by JOHNM

They say the first one is always the hardest and I found that to be true.  It took me until the end of my first season to find a nugget with a metal detector.  My second season I found a lot with the detector but nothing even close to the size of yours sir, in fact I'm still looking to break into the 1 gram club let alone the 10 gram!

1 hour ago, AllenJ said:

They say the first one is always the hardest and I found that to be true.  It took me until the end of my first season to find a nugget with a metal detector.  My second season I found a lot with the detector but nothing even close to the size of yours sir, in fact I'm still looking to break into the 1 gram club let alone the 10 gram!

Hey Allen J,...Check out my YouTube Channel at:  ARIZONA GOLD NUGGET VENTURES,... as maybe some of my "Where to look for gold" suggestions may be of help to you in your pursuit of those 1 Gram and larger nuggets.  Gary  :200:

• Like 1