Nugget Shooter Forums

Went for a hunt around an old 1860's camp in the foothills of the Sierras and found this strange thing, anyone have a clue what it was used for? It has custom legs with a crimped cup at the bottom, metal mesh around with some piece of glass melted to prongs on the top. It makes me think of a little camping stove. :idunno: Any guesses? Also included some relic finds. :)

IMG_4446.JPG

IMG_4447.JPG

IMG_4448.JPG

IMG_4450.JPG

IMG_4455.JPG

IMG_4457.JPG

• Like 2

All good guesses, i sure don't know. I will try to take the flatness out of it, because it is basically flat, but i think it was round to begin with. Maybe then a clue will show up. 

6 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Pretty strange little contraption there. 

The glass is kinda odd huh? Insulation? Decoration? 

I have no idea. A little filter? Maybe a lantern part? 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I would go with vacuum tube also , some of the old time battery powered radios had some hefty tubes . The rest of the stuff your guess is as good as mine but good finds!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The square threaded piece is a wagon wheel nut , I can't post a pic of them and the wrenches and tools used  all are copyrighted but you can .do a search and find  them to  compare.

5 hours ago, Gilaoro said:

The square threaded piece is a wagon wheel nut , I can't post a pic of them and the wrenches and tools used  all are copyrighted but you can .do a search and find  them to  compare.

Well i be darned, thanks Gilaoro! i had no idea, that's cool i will look more into it. :thumbsupanim

ht