Nugget Shooter Forums
Goldseeker4000

Nugget Shooter's Field Guide arrival February 26-27.

The first shipment of 300 books will be here February 26-27. I will get them signed and get everyone's books mailed out asap. The remaining 2500 books will arrive in Montana April 3, I am told.  Thank you everyone for being patient through this long process. Next Wednesday or Thursday. Almost here.

• Like 4

If any of you are able to attend the GPAA Gold show in Butte, MT, April 3-4, stop by my booth. It would be nice to meet all of you on here that are able to make the trip. I don't know about all of you, but I am going bonkers wanting to get out and detect and find some gold. The weather here in the Flathead is very mild and almost spring like. That doesn't help any. Lol. The following weekend after the show I will be getting out to one of my spots to detect dry land dredge piles on a hillside. Can't wait to swing my 5000. I will be conducting more research in the field that weekend and taking more photos for my third book which I started already. I will be talking heavily on gold skarns, how to recognize them, find them, and why they are so very important to nugget shooters. They often can be nugget rich and big gold as well. The skarn areas I hunt have produced  many nuggets of various sizes with some nuggets of 9, 24 and 27 ounces.

Edited by Goldseeker4000
spelling

The hard copy proofs showed up today. Wow what a feeling! Can't wait to get the rest of them here and sent out to everyone.

IMG_0096_01.jpg

IMG_20200223_130425803.jpg

IMG_20200223_130330766.jpg

IMG_20200223_130318001.jpg

IMG_20200223_130114118.jpg

• Like 5

Well hopefully you'll get ours mailed off next week-I cant wait to get my hands on one :inocent:Mike C...:200:

Wooo hooo! Books are here! I will start signing them tonight and when I get the last one signed in the morning I will get them to the postal annex to be shipped out tomorrow.

IMG_20200227_173000337.jpg

IMG_20200227_172117140.jpg

• Like 3

Books are all signed and down at the postal annex to have mailing labels put on and mailed out today. It is a done deal. Thank goodness.  Two day priority. Anyone that got one please drop me an email and let me know you received them. Email address is in the book.

• Like 2

Way to go Reese!  I'll camp out at the mailbox!  Really happy for you and all the customers.

Bugler

Me too Bugler. It is a huge weight off my shoulders. I am totally excited that everyone will finally have their copy of this book. I just got the banners made for the GPAA Gold Show in Butte, MT., and they turned out awesome. One is 8' wide x 4' tall and the other two are 2' tall x 3' wide. These are book promotional banners.

Hi Reese, is the first printing all sold out?  Just curious if I would have to wait into April if I just preordered it.  Sounds like a good book!

Edited by GotAU?

Yah I still got books. I just got an order from a A. M. Is that you GotAU?

Great news.  That’s a bunch of Signing.  (Writers cramps)

• Like 1

Hey GotAU it won't let me edit it. Sorry. Your book is in the mail. Thank you. Let me know how you like it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Goldseeker4000 said:

Hey GotAU it won't let me edit it. Sorry. Your book is in the mail. Thank you. Let me know how you like it.

I'm guessing that GotAu wanted his real name removed from your post, so I edited your post and changed it to just his initials.

• Like 2

Congratulations! This will probably end up being a popular thread for you Reese, and publishing a good book must be an exciting thing to accomplish. I’m looking forward to reading it. Thank you!

Cheers,

Anthony

Edited by GotAU?

Hello Reese,

I just received my book and browsed through it.  It is obvious that you put a great deal of work into this endeavor.

From the outset, I am very happy that I spent the money for your book and now I will go back and read it through.

GREAT JOB!!!

Bugler

Thank you Bugler.  I spent 3 years or more writing it. I can't even count how many nights I was up all through the night till morning writing and observing my photos and writing more. The next  book which I'm writing now will be very good as well with new material I will be applying this year and writing about. This new book should have between 200- 300 color photos with graphics added. I will not let everyone know when it will be out until I get them in hand. I don't want everyone to go through the long wait like this one. Lol

Hey everyone, I just checked all tracking orders and if anyone lives in Montana, then they have there book. Everyone else's books will arrive Monday with the exception of Rob's Detectors and Arizona Outback which will arrive Tues. March 3.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I got my copy yesterday and was quite impressed!  I was expecting more of the "low and slow"...."coil to the soil" type stuff but this book leans heavy towards geological hows and whys with plenty of color pics to help a guy "read the ground" better to hopefully choose more likely locations for the yellow.  He brushes on different tailings types and how you might hunt them, things to avoid and things to look for, and much more, etc.  Well done Reese!!!!

On a personal note....Reese, it was cool to see some very familiar spots, Andys' nugget again, and I got a second laugh reading the hornet story again...it brought back the memories of that moment and I laughed out loud.

Good luck on the next book...I look forward to it!!!!

Edited by oneguy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got my copy today - Thank You!:thumbsupanim

IMG_3404.jpg

• Like 1

Awesome. Drop a post on here and let everyone know how you like the read.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Reese,

Just glanced through my copy and saw some really interesting topics.  I never thought of checking different parts of a specimen for conductivity to test it.  Also the cleaning treatment is an interesting way to make pretty specimens like those seen in jewelry store windows - I like them natural colored, but I can see how those would sell at a good price.  The shock treatment you describe is also a good idea for other types of minerals too- will definitely try it out.

Your chapters on the geomorphology of streams and how that affects the distribution of gold is really interesting.  I have a geology minor and majored in applied geography (geomorphology) in school, and understand the text well enough, but I also think your illustrations were very well done and pertinent to what you were describing. Nicely done!

Oh, and troubles with bears? Try what Edward Abbey did and tie a piece of salami off the ground in a tree a quarter mile from camp, the bears will be busy for awhile that way out of sight.:rolleyes:

Well thanks again for the book, I’m going to enjoy thoroughly reading it and and impressed with how much technical knowledge you put into it. I’m really glad I purchased it. Good job!

EDIT: OK- one thing that did make me wince a little bit - Please consider wearIng a safety helmet working near and under some of those bench deposits and in holes shown in your photos!  I know a helmet wouldn’t work if you got slabbed, but oh man, some of those rocks hanging over your head looked pretty scary.  I recently almost got hit by falling rocks, and my coil got cracked on my new Gold Monster by them when I was working next to a bank just last weekend. I fixed it, but I don’t think I could’ve fixed my head with duct tape like I did on that coil!  Just a friendly suggestion!  :miner:

Edited by GotAU?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got two of the three banners back for the GPAA Gold Show in Butte. I am quite happy with how they turned out.

IMG_20200302_145004366.jpg

IMG_20200302_144603857.jpg

• Like 1

Those that bought a book can you do me a favor and send me a private message match up your username with your real name to help me with who has bought a book. It will help me connect usernames the everyone. Thanks everyone.