Nugget Shooter Forums

Has anybody here used one of these? They seem to be amazing at finding Gold. The price is amazing too.

These are nothing but scams and have no scientific basis for working as advertised. Don't waste your money. Remember what a very famous american once said about suckers being born every minute.

• Like 2

Boy, you opened a can of worms! An Electroscope works very similar to a couple of bent copper welding rods. If you can get those to work, the Electroscope will probably work for you. With the rods, I can find buried waterlines and structures(faults) in the ground that carry water. With the Electroscope, I have found many objects that were lost in the leaves. I have followed underground quartz veins only to find them finally come to the surface. Others have witnessed it. No gold yet although I did find a 1906 dime with it once. I know, it doesn't work!

Scam alert

https://www.geotech1.com/cgi-bin/pages/common/index.pl?page=lrl&file=reports.dat

bth_wishstick1.jpg

Almost as good as the Wishstick 2000.

Edited by homefire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you want to dowse, learn about it. Practice with homemade rods...Lipca is one Of the few that admits practicing the art of dousing.

I would not pay the money for an electroscope

fred

• Like 1

I'll tell you a true story, believe it or not. Not about the Electroscope but about witching.  I had a neighbor that wanted me to witch some water for a well. So, I out and witched a few very weak fractures(the area was not known for water).  He saw me out there and came over and asked if I had found anything.  I told him not much but showed him where they came together. I had marked an "X" on the ground.  He looked at it and picked up a small rock that was lying a few inches from my "X". A small wooden peg was driven in the ground under that rock.  Unknown to me, he had asked a local woman well known for witching water (probably for the past half century?. She was in her late 80's) to check it out.  That was her "spot".  She had used a willow, I had used copper rods.  He did get a couple of gallons per minute.

• Like 3

I have to admit I tried it after talking with an old timer around here. I have an surface quartz vein deposit on my claim and walked the ground down to where it crossed under my feet, repeatedly. Both rods swung to the middle and crossed every time. My brother was up visiting and we were just sitting around and I brought out my "rods". He went down the hill and after about 20 minutes came back up. Called me a few names but still stated he had the same results with numerous passes over the ground where the quartz wasn't on the surface. I'm a believer just from experience.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LipCa said:

I'll tell you a true story, believe it or not. Not about the Electroscope but about witching.  I had a neighbor that wanted me to witch some water for a well. So, I out and witched a few very weak fractures(the area was not known for water).  He saw me out there and came over and asked if I had found anything.  I told him not much but showed him where they came together. I had marked an "X" on the ground.  He looked at it and picked up a small rock that was lying a few inches from my "X". A small wooden peg was driven in the ground under that rock.  Unknown to me, he had asked a local woman well known for witching water (probably for the past half century?. She was in her late 80's) to check it out.  That was her "spot".  She had used a willow, I had used copper rods.  He did get a couple of gallons per minute.

1 hour ago, GeoJack said:

I have to admit I tried it after talking with an old timer around here. I have an surface quartz vein deposit on my claim and walked the ground down to where it crossed under my feet, repeatedly. Both rods swung to the middle and crossed every time. My brother was up visiting and we were just sitting around and I brought out my "rods". He went down the hill and after about 20 minutes came back up. Called me a few names but still stated he had the same results with numerous passes over the ground where the quartz wasn't on the surface. I'm a believer just from experience.

https://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/mobile/2015/04/15/how-does-water-dowsing-work/

Didn't find water, 3.4eb a.jpgMy take on the experience that the mineralization of the quartz outcrop was deviating the rods. I tried like hell to keep them straight and not move my hands. Repeated consistent results. Weird for sure.

Edited by GeoJack
  • Like 1

Working at a large vineyard removing grape leafs with my machine. A guy came in to the lot I park my tractor in. He was hired to locate the water lines before they started construction on a winery.  He witched them using copper rods. Put flags along all the lines running through the lot, There were quite a few.  I asked the owners how well he did, they said he located everyone and did a great job.  Bob

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Beeper Bob said:

Working at a large vineyard removing grape leafs with my machine. A guy came in to the lot I park my tractor in. He was hired to locate the water lines before they started construction on a winery.  He witched them using copper rods. Put flags along all the lines running through the lot, There were quite a few.  I asked the owners how well he did, they said he located everyone and did a great job.  Bob

Either he knew where the water lines were beforehand or it was hit and miss and he got lucky a few times. 

Metal detectors work on the principal of electromagnetism. There simply is no scientific explanation for dowsing to work because there is none. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut.

A few years ago a gentleman offered a $25,000 reward to any person that could locate three known buried targets using  long range locators. 

It was never collected.

Pretty bold to say he got lucky when the owner was very happy. Not everything has been explained by science....

If it works for some, ok...if not ok. 
fred

I had a guy try to sell me one. He brought it out for a demonstration. He failed miserably. 

He wound up selling it to a buddy of mine. My friend spent his last dollar on the thing and could not find a pound of gold in my left pants pocket. 

When my friend passed away he left me the machine. I took apart the "control box" to find no circuitry at all. Just two buttons in a block of wood connected to nothing. There was a littla circuit box connected to nothing on the generator. The "dowsing rods" we're just brazing rods.

I still use the little Honda generator to power my camp trailer.

I have had three guys tell me how effective these things are. None have found one speck of gold. I have stood within ten feet of them with a wad of gold on my pocket and none have been able to detect it. I have watched guys "triangulate" signals for weeks and never get a spot to dig. 

One fellow claimed to be able to locate caves. I took him out and put him right over a well known cavern and he claimed to get a signal 3 miles away in an area with 400 feet of sand. But he never got a signal on the network of caves below his feet. 

A complete hoax just like so many others. There is no magical solution to finding gold and treasure. Just good old fashioned work. Those that search for some other way to get a location are IMHO much better off selling Electroscopes than using them.

• Like 2

Bob, maybe your negative pulses were interfering with their proformance?😇

I would not buy an electroscope either....bent coat hangers are good enough for me....

but, it is very big and mysterious universe.

Witching with copper rods worked for me one time. Had a leak in a 4 inch line and the water was coming up through a gopher hole about 12 feet from where I thought the line was.  I had put the line in about 25 years ago. I thought the line ran under the middle of the road. After witching it I found it was about 8 ft away from the road middle. Dug down and found the line right where the rods crossed. I had forgotten I moved the road over when we put the vineyard in.  Worked for me.

Bob

• Like 4

On 1/31/2020 at 8:18 PM, fredmason said:

Bob, maybe your negative pulses were interfering with their proformance?😇

I would not buy an electroscope either....bent coat hangers are good enough for me....

but, it is very big and mysterious universe.

Maybe. But it is more likely the thing just does not work. If ANYONE can demonstrate that these techniques work at all I would love to hear it. I have seen plenty try. None have produced any type of results that indicated these methods worked at all. Quite the contrary. Objective testing that I have seen has proved quite clearly they don't. 

Ill bet a 2dwt nugget that you don't waste time digging "targets" located with  machine like that. Nor do you spend much time digging holes under dowsing rods.

Just a hunch.

I am proud to say I don't start mucking because a bent bicycle spoke says so.

My technology is old (SD2100 and GB2) but it I will bet a handful of nuggets that no one using an  electroscope can do better. Or bent brazing rods. Or a pendulum. Or any other form of hocus pocus out there. My machines seem to perform very well despite the negative pulses. 

Sure it is a big mysterious universe. But not so large as to not be able to see through BS spread that thin.

Exactly how would you retrieve  a nugget with a dowsing rod? I have never seen anyone actually try to dig a target located with one. :idunno:

...Or are they just good for big chests of gold that go 'clunk" When the shovel hits 'em?

• Like 1

Jeez, I thought you were ignoring me.... I have not made a science project, yet.   
I met a guy with an eltroscope....he said there was gold in several spots. All too deep to get to.

I did find several nuggets in the area with my detector,...but, I didn’t tell him

You know I just like to stir a little 

fred

18 minutes ago, fredmason said:

Jeez, I thought you were ignoring me.... I have not made a science project, yet.   
I met a guy with an eltroscope....he said there was gold in several spots. All too deep to get to.

I did find several nuggets in the area with my detector,...but, I didn’t tell him

You know I just like to stir a little 

fred

:)

I suppose a guy could decide to go "over there" for about a hundred reasons. Whether it is a likely looking outcropping, a similar caliche strata, a bent bicycle spoke or a mountain carved into a poodle. It really doesn't matter that much I suppose. 

One reason to look in a spot is about as good as the other. If you find what you are looking for then it is all groovy. If you don't you are no worse off than the last crappy spot you looked. Then you need a reason to look somewhere else again anyway. So what the heck difference does it really make?

Electroscopes and poodles are not my bag. But if I was walking around and I saw a mountain carved into a poodle I would darn sure take notice. Just because I don't use things like that in my decision making process does not mean someone else could not make it work. So if an electroscope drags you across the desert and pulls your arm down into the gravel you just gotta dig.

:)

I added two emojis because I think you take me too seriously sometimes Fred. Maybe I have been a bit of a crank lately. Your stirring the pot does not bother me at all though. So rock on you old fossicker.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2020 at 10:07 AM, fredmason said:

Pretty bold to say he got lucky when the owner was very happy. Not everything has been explained by science....

If it works for some, ok...if not ok. 
fred

So he says.

use the force luke :snapoutofit:

• Haha 1