Nugget Shooter Forums

My buddy and I are moving to Arizona next week and we’re bringing our new detectors with us to have some fun finding that cool, yellow, mineral we all love.

Both of us purchased a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 and I went one step further (maybe it was 3 or 4) and also got a GPZ 7000.  We’ve watched about all of Bill Southern’s “how-to” YouTube videos and I can’t wait to find my first nugget with a detector.  I’ve got some experience relic/coin hunting with my CTX 3030 and I’ve done a little prospecting (dredging and sluicing) in GA, TN, and IN, but this will be my first time nugget shooting with a detector.

I’m looking forward to making some new Arizona buds and doing the happy dance when I find my first nugget.

Thanks for all the great instructional videos Bill!

• Like 2

.....crap

After proof reading my first post on this site, I realized I screwed up and called gold a mineral.  Pardon my brain fart.  Gold is a metal.  Duh.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Callred1975 said:

.....crap

After proof reading my first post on this site, I realized I screwed up and called gold a mineral.  Pardon my brain fart.  Gold is a metal.  Duh.

An elemental  metal alloy mineral, say that fast three times:)

• Like 2

It is a mineral. It is also a metal. It is also an element. 

Any of these descriptions is appropriate for naturally occurring gold. They are all different classifications that indicate different physical groups. Gold is a member of all of them.

Just like humans are animals, mammals and primates. So is gold a mineral, a metal and an element. It is the same way of classification only with chemistry and physics of inanimate material rather than taxonomy of living organisms.

• Like 1
  • well done 1

Very cool!  Thanks for the info.