Nugget Shooter Forums
WillM

A Fluid Dynamic Mechanism of Meteorite Pitting needs to be investigated and expanded upon.

There is a paper titled:" A Fluid Dynamic Mechanism of Meteorite Pitting". A highly detailed synopsis of edge formation through gas and liquid transfer. The fluid dynamics are gone over in a very convincing way. I attached the PDF version. This paper could be the gateway to proving meteorites with mathematics, as it goes over 12 distinct features found only in meteorites that would make whoever tried to explain it sound crazy. I use this paper to ID my potential rocks quickly in the field. Perhaps I should email university about the paper because I have found plenty of rocks the paper describes.

To start, I want to bring up the rocket blast on a sheet of metal used in the paper that has a protrusion. This is a knob that they go over in the paper. I have plenty of rocks with knobs in the cavities, which by the way refers to a fluid dynamic process of cavitation. In this process, air scoops a hole outward in a radial vacuum that pulls the molten material outward.

My aim, is to bring these features to light and show a university my work. And emailing organizations about the matter. I will also comment on my previous work from this forum with the combining of features in undiscovered meteorites. I will also post this in stack exchange probably to get more feedback. I have had a scientist agree with me on this paper's findings, and he asked if my rocks were brecciated. I am working on the comprehensive email to planetary science professors for today and will report what they say. The paper is from 1959 so people might say it is dated science but it was not really that long ago.

In the paper, they describe that meteorites form features from known meteorite samples and fluid dynamic diagrams. Hopefully with this information we can positively identify meteorites on a consensive basis to further the process of interesting a primal apex alien species I hypothesize rule our world with technology.

Can anyone comment on the knob theory? Some of the "slag" I have possesses these knobs. Could they also be from a slag process?

Cheers

Ps here is a link with the photos from the paper. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1959SCoA....3...47W

f47755efd9db757c34ee6419b40b64b511b6 (1).pdf

Edited by WillM
Missed info, typos

A very famous person once stated..."If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with b.s. Kudos for trying.

I attached a photo of a of the meteorite features on one page. The important thing to remember here is that these features can be combined and slag looks like it. But the slag does not have an aerodynamic shape, period. A meteorite has these shapes in an aerodynamic way. These features are a static quality influenced by fluid dynamics. Some slags look like a meteorite, of course these are overlooked constantly. It would add to the knowledge of the world.

20190910_162306_mirror2.jpg.a75ff4180317b022e94470722e19a0f3.jpg

16 minutes ago, Morlock said:

A very famous person once stated..."If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with b.s. Kudos for trying.

Morlock, thanks for the kudos, these are clearly facts that need to be gone over by another genius so we could talk. I thought the guy was rejecting the paper when I blocked him as he agreed to it. I got so angry lol

Love the paper

Rigorous geochemical analysis procedures already exist and are globally accepted as the means to definitively determine if a rock is a meteorite or not; they are the only methods accepted by science.  Trying to make such a determination based on aesthetic characteristics is not the point of that article, nor is it an accepted practice because it is not a valid way to identify a meteorite.  That paper starts with established meteorites and then attempts to describe the mechanism(s) that produce the surface features, not the other way around.  The exterior does not define a meteorite, its interior does.

Edited by Mikestang
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Mikestang said:

Rigorous geochemical analysis procedures already exist and are globally accepted as the means to definitively determine if a rock is a meteorite or not; they are the only methods accepted by science.  Trying to make such a determination based on aesthetic characteristics is not the point of that article, nor is it an accepted practice because it is not a valid way to identify a meteorite.  That paper starts with established meteorites and then attempts to describe the mechanism(s) that produce the surface features, not the other way around.  The exterior does not define a meteorite, its interior does.

We use a combination of both, it's called the study of ablation. "Out-
standing among commonly observed surface
features are evidences of eroding airflow: flow
lines in surfaces of some stone or iron meteorites
with clearly recognizable stagnation points;
frangible crusts of material on some meteorites
so obviously congealed from the molten state
as to require no further proof; shapes that
strongly suggest carving by the action of air-
flow over the surface."

That is real science there is no further proof needed like he said.

Edited by WillM
Typo

4 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

How long will this bull$#!t go on?

It's over, I just now realised he said there was no further proof needed in ablation study,  I should be keeping these secret and not putting magnets to them to test.

That's the bullcrap.

13 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

How long will this bull$#!t go on?

As long as you continue to feed the bull it will continue to produce bull$#!t . Just a basic law of nature and the internet.

Starve the bull (don't react) and it will wander to more productive pastures - no more BS - problem solved

If I had to point a finger at the cause it wouldn't be pointed at the bull. :inocent:

Skip does a fine job policing this forum. He can ban every troll that shows up but they will just come back with a new name/same game as long as they have someone to play with. Stop blaming the administration and stop playing with the trolls. Problem solved.

Edited by clay
  • Thanks 1

Just now, clay said:

As long as you continue to feed the bull it will continue to produce bull$#!t . Just a basic law of nature and the internet.

Starve the bull (don't react) and it will wander to more productive pastures - no more BS - problem solved

If I had to point a finger at the cause it wouldn't be pointed at the bull. :inocent:

Point your finger at whomever you like Clay. This crap is not my doing. Nor am I the reason it is allowed to go on and on.

Your solution seems to be to stick your fingers in your ears and ignore it for as long as it takes for this guy to swing himself out. Not my style Clay. So the next time you have some sage advice on how I should respond (r not) I suggest you heed it yourself.