Nugget Shooter Forums
Chillytay

Not there! Then there!

21 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

It is a common iron rich silica stone. It has no meteotitic characteristics at all.

You only did one field test and it showed it was magnetite that was attracting the magnet. If that is not enough to convince you of terrestrial origin then do other basic tests. Like a window to the interior, density, hardness etc. It is the method by which rocks are identified. So follow through!

There is no fusion crust, no free metal and no chondrules. It is simply not a meteorite. I don't see why anyone would think it was. Why do you?

It has zero characteristics of a meteorite and is plainly a terrestrial stone. Can you explain what makes you think otherwise?

We have explained to you why we come to the conclusions we have. Let's hear your reasoning behind reaching your conclusions!

I apologize I meant say was I agree it is a terrestrial rock not from outer space. 

14 hours ago, Chillytay said:

Here is couple pics I still think the craziest Part of this stone is that flat side with the lines in it. But I don’t think it’s terrestrial rock. image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

I apologize I meant say was I agree it is a terrestrial rock not from outer space. 

26 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Bingo. 

So the takeaway here is listen to those who have knowledge. 

Bedrock Bob at same time people who have knowledge should be willing to help and not criticize people who are not as knowledgeable as them. They need to remember at one point they learning as well. if they can’t do that their not a scholar their just a waste of a teacher. 

You were never criticized. 

I simply asked why you might think this stone is meteoritic after you insisted you thought it was.

We have expounded on the subject and told you why we arrived at the conclusion we did.

All I asked is for you to do the same. 

Anyone who cannot discuss these concepts with someone more knowledgeable is a waste of a student.

11 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

You were never criticized. 

I simply asked why you might think this stone is meteoritic after you insisted you thought it was.

We have expounded on the subject and told you why we arrived at the conclusion we did.

All I asked is for you to do the same. 

Anyone who cannot discuss these concepts with someone more knowledgeable is a waste of a student.

I wasn’t specifically talking about anyone specifically I was just making a generalized comment that we need to remember we are all learning new things all the time 

Hey Bedrock Bob do you think any of  these little fragments look like maybes. The one by itself seems to have  iron pieces and little stones but I don’t see chondrules at least I don’t think I do what do you think? 

I hope nobody gets mad at me for asking about so many stones for years I have put aside rocks that I thought were unique and they were in a drawer now my daughter is getting little older and meteorites and geology something she is into too so we have been going through them and that’s why I’ve been asking about so many. It not like every rock I find I think is a meteorite. Just saying

06759713-21CB-4783-AEA8-25881820F091.jpeg

D8C9534D-1040-450A-964A-97AEDF63E016.jpeg

434C8A4A-BD86-4F2F-9098-2B2FFE98D2C3.jpeg

7578849F-EDA7-419C-AF2F-2DFD48959E30.jpeg