Nugget Shooter Forums

I found this vertebrae fossil in August this summer. Not sure what dinosaur it comes from. However after doing research though I found that apparently 9 out of 10 times the dinosaur fossils in the area are from a Hadrosaur. A Hadrosaur is a Duck-Billed Dinosaur. So I am thinking this is probably part of an Edmontonsaurus. Thought I would share with everyone. Also I posted earlier this year another bone to the forum. It has similar coloring and texture as the vertebrae. I wonder if it is from the same animal as they were found close together.

I will post a photo of the other fossil at the end. Enjoy 😁

PSX_20200103_212315.jpg

PSX_20200103_212338.jpg

PSX_20200103_212432.jpg

PSX_20200103_212411.jpg

20190806_152156.jpg

• Like 1

Nice find!!!  May I ask what state that was found in?  If you do further research, you might find out if agatized dinosaur bone has been found in that area.

GEMMY dino bone

Edited by Morlock
14 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Nice find!!!  May I ask what state that was found in?  If you do further research, you might find out if agatized dinosaur bone has been found in that area.

GEMMY dino bone

Hi Morlock,

Thanks! I was super pumped to find this. I have never found dinosaur bones before. Normally it's either shells, petrified wood, or imprints. 

The dinosaur fossils were found in Alberta Canada on the Red Deer River

Do the Bones look agatized or something?  

I'm no expert but I would guess agatized bones are found only in certain areas. 

There's really no way to tell just by looking at the outside. That's why I suggested you do a little research to find out if agatized dinosaur bone has been found in the same area as yours. I wouldn't want you to saw into it unless you had a good idea if it was agatized.