Nugget Shooter Forums

I started a new topic because this one has flight marks.

2 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

And before there was a park, there was

These were in the tracks from a vehicle in some spots so it came after it was switched to a residential park with a basketball court.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a meteorite. The combined knowledge here is unparalleled. If you want to insult people and refute facts, move to Washington DC.

I have a son that has O.D.D. (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) and it's very obvious to me that Will does as well, so I'm a bit sympathetic, the fact that he refuses this opportunity to be educated on

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Engineered fill along the riverbank. The park was constructed in a flood prone area as a barrier for residential/commercial property. The fill used to restore the banks was a mixture of refractory waste, concrete rubble and milled asphalt.

You know. The usual story. The standard case. Nothing special or out of the ordinary. A common fill material in a spot you would expect it to be. Probably in an older area of town that was destroyed by a flood years ago and restored as a flood control barrier on the riverbank.

I bet there is an arc furnace within 50 miles of the park. Just guessing.

Town I grew up in now takes low contaminated waste and dumps it in areas where they need fill.  The companies will pay to have these loads dumped, and the town agrees because they get money and don’t have to be paid.  Ever wonder what happened to EPA clean up sites?

Here is one from a different area with obvious glypts, someone tell me this is slag! I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing can be a meteorite.

20191223_085048.jpg

20191223_085038.jpg

20191223_085250.jpg

6 minutes ago, Morlock said:

Vast majority of meteorites do not have vesicles.

http://meteorites.wustl.edu/id/vesicles.htm

That is a rumor propagated by scientists with limited information,  depending on the source, it could be more vesicular from implanted solar gases so I don't know why they ignore this fact.

Edited by WillM
2 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Or oxidized iron. That is what the bubbles in slag are all about. Oxygen attacking iron in its molten state.

In the link they state that it gets its vesicles because it is a regolith breccia, which these are... so the cat is out of the bag you could say.

Edited by WillM
2 hours ago, WillM said:

That is a rumor propagated by scientists with limited information

Oh yea, all those rumors that scientists propagate... like the world being round.  Gonna add science to my list of things you know nothing about.

1 minute ago, Mikestang said:

Oh yea, all those rumors that scientists propagate... like the world being round.  Gonna add science to my list of things you know nothing about.

I actually read scientific articles every day from real published scientists lol

3 hours ago, WillM said:

In the link they state that it gets its vesicles because it is a regolith breccia, which these are... so the cat is out of the bag you could say.

So now you have tons and tons of "regolith breccia" laying around. I really envy you.

4 hours ago, WillM said:

The cat is still under the porch. I saw him there 5 minutes ago.

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, WillM said:

Here is one from a different area with obvious glypts, someone tell me this is slag! I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing can be a meteorite.

20191223_085048.jpg

20191223_085038.jpg

20191223_085250.jpg

Sorry, I see a deer footprint in slag gluing older slag fragments together.  But then ,I have no meteorites  ,or wrongs,... you know more than I on the subject, to tell you the truth.