Nugget Shooter Forums

I started a new topic because this one has flight marks.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not a meteorite. The combined knowledge here is unparalleled. If you want to insult people and refute facts, move to Washington DC.

I have a son that has O.D.D. (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) and it's very obvious to me that Will does as well, so I'm a bit sympathetic, the fact that he refuses this opportunity to be educated on

Posted Images

Ill throw down on this as well. Its slag..... I live near two historical smelters and the slag is used as railroad ballast down here. It looks just like the rocks posted to include the holes and smooth aerodynamic appearance.

There is a operational smelter north of me that that dumps slag every 30 minutes or so and its cool to watch at night especially with NVG's.

Edited by Desertpilot
  • Like 2

Does any of this slag have wings that tell you it flew through the air? Or lips that tell you it came from space? Or holes that tell you it came from Venus?

The wings, lips and holes all say this couldn't be slag. Besides it explodes when you hold a lighter to it. So any reasonable person would assume it came from Venus and contains diamonds.

I bet the chemical analysis proves it looks just like a meteorite. More or less. And he is claiming no more and no less.

It makes me sad that these threads get 2 pages + of responses, and when I post a trip report with actual meteorites it gets like 3 replies total.:idunno:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, chrisski said:

I am not sure its slag.  I thought it was volcanic basalt.  Looks like a lot of the rock on my claim from the section the geological maps label as basalt.  Only difference is the ones I find don't have wings.

Taken from https://www.rocksandminerals4u.com/basalt.html

Volcanic Basalt.JPG

The area and manner in which they were found also points to meteorite. If it was basalt the surface wouldn't be as smooth I think.

• Like 1
  • Irritated 1
15 hours ago, Mikestang said:

Please stop.  It is absolutely for certain 100% no question no doubt not a meteorite.

11 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

But... The lips! The wings! The holes!

They are all whispering "meteorite"!

:laught16:

I'm sorry it's so hard to accept. You know the crazy thing about this all is that I have an all encompassing art theory that applies to meteorites. It is the specific variability of the collection of lines from tangible edges. Based on my theory, these match patterns from meteorites I have seen with no variability. So if you believe me good, if not, lets just say that we haven't proven it is not a meteorite, suffice it to say that I have "proven" that it was a meteorite.

• Haha 2
49 minutes ago, WillM said:

I'm sorry it's so hard to accept. You know the crazy thing about this all is that I have an all encompassing art theory that applies to meteorites. It is the specific variability of the collection of lines from tangible edges. Based on my theory, these match patterns from meteorites I have seen with no variability. So if you believe me good, if not, lets just say that we haven't proven it is not a meteorite, suffice it to say that I have "proven" that it was a meteorite.

Actually we know exactly what it is. You are the only one that has not figured it out yet.

We recognize the material from having seen hundreds of metric tons of it. We have years of experience at this game and have found dozens of meteorites.  We can obviously see the gas bubbles and oxidation and know this is a product of a pressurized oxygen rich environment. It is made entirely of oxidized iron and oxidized silica. Neither of which are possible in a meteorite.

You on the other hand do not know the most basic principles and are fooled by material that could not be meteoritic. What you have simply could not be from space because it was obviously formed under pressure in an oxygen environment. Any person with a basic understanding of chemistry can see this.

It is becoming a real drag reading your posts Will. You are just trolling for attention. You refuse to learn anything about the subject and keep posting ignorant crap. We keep offering you knowledge and experience and you just keep disrespecting us. 

The sad fact is that you could actually find a meteorite if you were willing to apply yourself and learn a little about it. Sadly you reject experience and cling to your fantasies and ignorance. As a result all you can find is slag and you still haven't developed enough skill to identify that. 

You won't waste any more of my time with your childish crap.

• well done 4
1 minute ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Actually we know exactly what it is. You are the only one that has not figured it out yet.

We recognize the material from having seen hundreds of metric tons of it. We have years of experience at this game and have found dozens of meteorites.  We can obviously see the gas bubbles and oxidation and know this is a product of a pressurized oxygen rich environment. It is made entirely of oxidized iron and oxidized silica. Neither of which are possible in a meteorite.

You on the other hand do not know the most basic principles and are fooled by material that could not be meteoritic. What you have simply could not be from space because it was obviously formed under pressure in an oxygen environment. Any person with a basic understanding of chemistry can see this.

It is becoming a real drag reading your posts Will. You are just trolling for attention. You refuse to learn anything about the subject and keep posting ignorant crap. We keep offering you knowledge and experience and you just keep disrespecting us. 

The sad fact is that you could actually find a meteorite if you were willing to apply yourself and learn a little about it. Sadly you reject experience and cling to your fantasies and ignorance. As a result all you can find is slag and you still haven't developed enough skill to identify that. 

You won't waste any more of my time with your childish crap.

I'm not joking, Who cares if they are ever accepted scientifically? You are completely out of line ignoring the way I found them "strewn" what the @#$% do you think that word means? (Seperate with bigger pieces further down the field). You just hit a wall on that one because these were definitely strewn and there is no way to prove to me it is slag. I can't believe people think slag could trick me, but a rare meteorite can trick you, think about it. The "bubbles" are "pits" and organically aerodynamically maintained. 

Why keep refuting everyone if they can't imagine the type of meteorite? That's why I was the first to find them I thought they were possible.

9 minutes ago, WillM said:

I'm not joking, Who cares if they are ever accepted scientifically? You are completely out of line ignoring the way I found them "strewn" what the @#$% do you think that word means? (Seperate with bigger pieces further down the field). You just hit a wall on that one because these were definitely strewn and there is no way to prove to me it is slag. I can't believe people think slag could trick me, but a rare meteorite can trick you, think about it. The "bubbles" are "pits" and organically aerodynamically maintained. 

Why keep refuting everyone if they can't imagine the type of meteorite? That's why I was the first to find them I thought they were possible.

:alcoholic::alcoholic::alcoholic:

36 minutes ago, WillM said:

Not only do you not understand meteorites, you are way off on your statement about strewn fields. Take the others advice here, because they not only have found meteorites they have spent years on the subject. Unless you can play nice or show us real material, maybe stay in the shallow end of the pool until you know what you're talking about?

• Like 2

someone mentioned something about somebodys sister..... then a chair flew across the room.... someone grabbed a pool que and here we are?  Nothing like a good internet brawl!  

I have nothing constructive to add (just trying to stir the bucket a bit)…...

:pop:

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, hardtimehermit said:

Not only do you not understand meteorites, you are way off on your statement about strewn fields. Take the others advice here, because they not only have found meteorites they have spent years on the subject. Unless you can play nice or show us real material, maybe stay in the shallow end of the pool until you know what you're talking about?

Now you are bringing up what was discussed about the paper on meteorite pitting, and that in that paper it explicitley states nobody will believe the scientist thinking they are crazy. I'm not crazy, I found the main mass right where I thought it would be. 

I am basically all alone on this.

Edited by WillM

I'll give you twenty-five cents for it, if you include the quarter.:wee:

billpeters

Edited by billpeters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As far as a strewn field is concerned, when slag is discarded or used on railways tracks, icy roadways, etc., it's usually "strewn" about to either spread it out or to get rids of it or out of the way, so I'm sure Will did indeed find a "strewn field" but a slag strewn field and not a meteorite strewn field. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

As far as a strewn field is concerned, when slag is discarded or used on railways tracks, icy roadways, etc., it's usually "strewn" about to either spread it out or to get rids of it or out of the way, so I'm sure Will did indeed find a "strewn field" but a slag strewn field and not a meteorite strewn field. 

This was a big open field and they were each hard to find, unless they were hiding them on purpose, which I doubt.