Nugget Shooter Forums
Knifemaker84

Hollys first nugget

Holly, Lily and I headed out yesterday about Noon for a quick trip to pan some dirt. I took the Sdc2300 with so i could check some spots that I had worked over the last season.  Well....Holly took the detector and started digging targets. Wire.... bullet... wire. Her attitude was still upbeat even though it was just trash. I told her to head for the bedrock and stay shallow. She did just that. She found, dug and recovered a nice little nugget! 

A side note: I was walking about two feet from the truck when I spotted this. Eyeball detecting on the fly. I guess its considered a sunbaker but it was under about 1/4" of water so i dont know if it technically qualifies.

20191207_201743.jpg

20191207_163523.jpg

20191207_144737.jpg

20191207_144744.jpg

• Like 16
  • well done 8

SWEET! Congrats to her.  A sunbaker taking a bath. Is that the spot you took me to were I found that crevicing tool on the hill side?
Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomH said:

SWEET! Congrats to her.  A sunbaker taking a bath. Is that the spot you took me to were I found that crevicing tool on the hill side?
Tom

Same spot!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Knifemaker84 said:

Same spot!

I bet that area got ripped up with the storm a couple of months ago.

Tom

• Like 1

Congratulations to Holly !!  :thumbsupanim

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back too.....  :yesss:

Nice nugs, good times.  Congrats!

Luke

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TomH said:

I bet that area got ripped up with the storm a couple of months ago.

Tom

It did. Really deep in some areas that choke up. Some areas are more cleared off and some areas filled in. 

• Like 2

Dude thats awesome! Nice to see others taking the family out too. It takes some patience but its worth it for the kiddos.

Keep it up!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alwaysdirty said:

Dude thats awesome! Nice to see others taking the family out too. It takes some patience but its worth it for the kiddos.

Keep it up!

You obviously have a very good idea about kids... I remember my parents take my sister and out to a spot that they found and spending great days playing in the water and having a good old time. Unfortunately they never panned gold out... only pirites. But it got me on track to do something more than sit a home. I took all of my finds and stories straight to my parents, i guess to thank them. They are passed away now so it resonants to pass it down..... and maybe she will be better than me some day. 

• Like 4
  • well done 2

21 hours ago, Knifemaker84 said:

You obviously have a very good idea about kids... I remember my parents take my sister and out to a spot that they found and spending great days playing in the water and having a good old time. Unfortunately they never panned gold out... only pirites. But it got me on track to do something more than sit a home. I took all of my finds and stories straight to my parents, i guess to thank them. They are passed away now so it resonants to pass it down..... and maybe she will be better than me some day. 

Nobody can go wrong by being a good parent and spending quality time with family makes some good memories! 

Congrats on the gold finding adventure 🥇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1